Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD

Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Fresno, CA and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from UMDNJ--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 2003 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

1630 E Herndon Ave

Fresno, CA 93720

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Nuzzo's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Sports Injuries

Michael Nuzzo MD, is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and is fellowship trained in sports medicine and shoulder surgery. He specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures to treat injuries of the shoulder, elbow, knee, hip and ankle.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

1998

• The Army Commendation Medal, 5/2010
  • Meritorious Service Medal US ARMY, 7/2012
  • Iraq War Veteran/ Iraq Theater Orthopaedic Surgery Consultant, 1/2010

• Pull-out and Compression Strength Comparison of Bioabsorbable Implants for Osteochondral Lesion Fixation, The American Journal of Orthopedics, April 2011. Presented at the Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons Meeting, Vail, Colorado 2008.,
  • Michael Nuzzo MD,

Dr. Nuzzo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nuzzo

Dr. Nuzzo?
Dr. Nuzzo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD
I was referred to Dr. Nuzzo by my primary care physician. He was quick to get me in and diagnose my issue. A torn labrum on my left hip. He clearly explained my options, explained what he would need to do to correct my situation. Scheduled surgery within a couple weeks. I was walking without crutches or a walker within 10 days. Today I went for my 7 week post op review, and while I still have tenderness, and a bit of fatigue, the pain is gone. My wife and I like Dr. Nuzzo and his straight forward approach so much, that she will request a referral from her primary care doctor for review of her knee pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Performed an arthroscopic labrum tear debridement, acetabuloplasty chrondoplasty and femoroplasty. In other words, cleaned up my left hip joint that had a bad labral tear. Doctor was very clear about procedure and the results were excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Dr Nuzzo successfully performed reverse shoulder replacement on me. A complicated procedure, no complaints. I believe he is highly qualified and very competent.
Great Experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Dr. Nuzzo performed my Fresh Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation (OATS) Surgery in December 2017 and I could not be any happier with his work! After a pretty severe soccer injury to the cartilage in my knee, I wasn’t sure I’d ever get back to normal. Today, 6 months later, I am happy to say I’m cleared for all activities and feeling great! I can’t thank Dr Nuzzo and his staff enough for all they’ve done. Appointments were quick, nurses were pleasant, and Dr made me feel at ease!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Nuzzo to do you shoulder surgery. He is a true professional and he's up front and lets you know exactly whats going on. Thank you so much Dr. Nuzzo for the exceptional care you gave me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
DR MICHAEL NUZZO IS A VERY AUWSOME DR HAD A REVERSE SHOULDER REPLACEMENT DR NUZZO EXPLAINED EVERYTHING AND I DID WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO AND NOW I CAN USE MY ARM I WOULD TELL ANYONE IF YOU NEED ANY BONE SURGERY SEE DR NUZZO FIRST GREAT DR. THANKS
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
I have suffered from hip pain for years. Dr. Nuzzo did an excellent job of repairing my hip and now I'm back to walking and biking again. I couldn't be more pleased with having the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
WOW, the work (surgery) Dr Nuzzo did was remarkable with a massive rotator cuff injury along with bicep tendon tears. I am back at 100% use of arm and shoulder. Thank you Debbie and office staff. Thank you Dr Nuzzo. I just cannot say enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Dr. Nuzzo repaired a meniscus tear in my left knee last year (2016). Surgery was a breeze. Didn't even need physical therapy. Was walking on left leg same day! Dr. Nuzzo replaced my entire left shoulder (reverse total shoulder replacement) on Feb 6, 2017. Gave me a nerve block. When I woke up after surgery, there was absolutely no pain. Even after the nerve block work off, I didn't experience any pain. Went to physical therapy for four months. Shoulder is like new, no pain anymore!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Thank you Dr. Nuzzo. Three months after my shoulder surgery I am pain free and riding my dirt bike again! Recovery went very smooth. Dirk Temmerman. Visalia Ca
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Dr. Nuzzo performed a Rotator cuff repair on my right shoulder August 8, 2016. All my questions were answered to my satisfaction. The surgery went well with physical therapy after. My recovery is progressing and I am able to get back to Pilates and daily activities.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
His staff was professional and very well organized. Dr. Nuzzo was very personable, articulating, and easy to understand when he was explaining to me what surgery/arthroscopy he thought needed to done. Everything went as perfect as can be. I only had to take 4 pain pills for pain and was back dancing in 2 weeks. I was fully recovered for my long walks and all types of dancing in 4 weeks with no pain after the second day. I'm pain free and feel great. Thanks Dr. Nuzzo!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
He did an ACL reconstruction on me after an injury in June 2015. I was unable to go back to work for 2 1/2 months. Still had pain and knee would NOT go straight. Finally got a second opinion in December 2015 where I was shown from imaging that the first surgery/graft was placed completely wrong and had a screw hitting the back of my kneecap, so it could NEVER go straight! Had to have a second surgery to correct it. Getting calls back..............forget it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Dr. Nuzzo and the staff at SPOC provided excellent care to me when I fell and broke my ankle. It was a traumatic injury for me. I received caring support from my initial visit through the surgery and during these months of recuperation. I have already recommended Dr. Nuzzo to several friends that have orthopedic needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Dr. Nuzzo repaired a severe rotater cuff in my left shoulder. He and his office made sure I understood the procedure, the timing and the recovery before committing to having this done. He is direct yet patient. Several weeks following surgery, I began experiencing pain again and he was able to get me in quickly and reassure me that this was normal and my earlier pain-free post surgery status was not average - that the new pain was typical and to keep doing PT and all I had been.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
I brought my daughter to Dr. Nuzzo for an ACL repair. It was by far the best medical experience we have had. Dr. Nuzzo and his staff were very professional and courteous. Dr. Nuzzo genuinely cares about his patients. He listened to our concerns and answered any questions we asked. I would definitely recommend Dr. Nuzzo to any of my family and or friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
Dr Nuzzo is very professional, explains things well. I had complete confidence in him.
really good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nuzzo, MD?
I would recommend Dr Nuzzo to anyone who asks, his personality is easy going and he explains things well. I fractured my Humerus skiing, Dr Nuzzo placed some screws and a plate in my arm. This was back in January 2016 and 3 months later all heeled and doing well!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Nuzzo?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.