Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD

Bariatric Surgery ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Nusbaum

Obesity Treatment Centers of NJ

95 Madison Ave Ste A06 Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Morristown, NJ and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School in 1993 and specializes in bariatric surgery, bariatric medicine, and more.

Dr. Nusbaum accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Nusbaum has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(973) 998-9833Find providers who accept this insurance

high
high

Dr. Nusbaum performs Sleeve Gastrectomy more than 81% of his peers

Dr. Nusbaum performs this procedure more than 81% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic

Dr. Nusbaum's conditions and procedures:

• Acid Reflux Surgery
  • Adhesiolysis
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Chronic Diseases
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Endocrine Surgical Procedure
  • Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery
  • Endoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopy
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Our Focus is on the Whole Patient. Bariatric Surgery is a tool and we provide you with the instruction and support to make that tool work most efficiently for you. We are not a "mill" and prefer a smaller more intimate environment for our patients. We take our time and pride ourselves on our close realationships with our patients. We are here to help you on your weight loss journey.

• Bariatric Surgery

4.5

Dr. Nusbaum?
Dr. Nusbaum's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD
Excellent surgeon. My surgery went great. My BC/BS covered his fees minus my deductible. I’m losing weight and getting healthy. The staff was a pleasure to deal with and fought hard with my insurance company to get things paid. The insurance companies love to take our money but they hate paying for things. I recommend Dr Nusbaum and his amazing staff to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
The office staff made sure i did abcd so they would get paid through my insurance but they couldn't care less about what surgery would cost me out of pocket. I could not come to an agreement with the billing manager. My insurance said i owe them $25 and the office is billing me over $900 and that's after paying $$ to the hospital and anesthesia Something that was supposed to be covered cost me thousands......... BEWARE THEY LIE
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
Very disappointing experience! I was told Dr. Nussbaum takes Medicare and was given an appointment. When I showed up they refused to even let me consult with the doctor because of my Medicare coverage. They talked in circles and basically threw me out. I came back right away to ask for a recommendation for another surgeon and was denied again. She said, "He's seeing patients right now."
Excellent Surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
I initially went to the NY Bariatric group because of all their advertising, but I found them to be cold, impersonal and all about the money. Then I asked a few people and they all said Dr Nusbaum. They were absolutely correct. He's the best hands down!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
Honestly the best weight loss surgeon in the trial-state area!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
It’s been 16 years.... and everyone I’ve had the pleasure to know along the way has been patient, kind, knowledgeable and extremely supportive in this journey of maintaining my health and weight. I cannot say enough about Dr. Nussbaum and his team. Thank you for all you do
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
I've been a nurse for over 10 years, so I know who to ask when looking for a surgeon. I called up some OR nurses at both St. Barnabas and at Morristown and asked who they'd recommend for bariatric surgery. To my surprise, I received the same response from everyone I spoke with: Dr. Michael Nusbaum. So, it was an easy choice after that! I must say that they were all correct. I was very impressed with Dr. Nusbaum's attention to detail, bedside manner and calm approach. He is clearly the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
I had gastric sleeve surgery with Dr. Nusbaum A year ago. I am now down almost 200 pounds and reached my goal. I can't say enough about how professional and caring he is. He has an amazing staff and they are all there for you every step of the way. I highly recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
Dr. Nusbaum and his team are the BEST! I was thinking about getting a band for a very long time. Once I had made up my mind to move forward, I began researching Bariatric surgeons in the NJ area. Everyone was recommending I visit Dr. Nusbaum (including my primary!) because he was " the best". I'm glad I listened! Procedure= flawless, Staff=caring and attentive, Dr. Nusbaum= meticulous, highly skilled, easy to reach, and genuinely cares about his patients! Losing weight and feeling GREAT! Thx :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
I am a Christian and I love God! I believe there is a purpose for every life but I was about to doubt mine. Until God directed me to this man. He is not God, but he is definetely a gift from him. Not only did this doctor take pride and love in his work. I never felt so safe and comfortable with any doctor before. I remember seeing him enter the room and saying, are you here to let me know your father is on his way. LOL. Since 2006 I've done well but need a tune up. I will return home.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
Dr Nusbaum is a caring doctor. He explains and listens. Truly a wonderful man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
I did the VSG program for 9 months with a Dr from NJBC and 2 wks before my scheduled surgery my ins denied him and the hospital. Needless to say I was very upset. Apparently things happen for a reason because I found Dr. Nusbaum. I felt more confident with him after the first meeting than I did in 9 months with the other practice. Fast forward, 1 mo out from surgery and I feel great. No complications. I know he took more precautions too try and ensure a positive outcome and I'm grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
I had surgery with Dr Nussbaum over 15 years ago. I can say that he is simply the best. He is not all about money. He genuinely cares for hisale patients. His office staff is phenomenal. I have had the chance to work with a number of bariatric surgeons and he is by far the best I have seen.
Thank you for your kind review. I am honored...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
Doc Nausbaum is the best. He is so warm. He is so caring. He and his staff are absolutely incredible in the work that they do. God bless them all!
Thank you B! I am honored that you put your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
I can't begin to tell you how lucky I was to find Dr. Nausbaum. I had surgery by another surgeon at St. Barnabas and ended up with a leak two weeks after. I went to Overlook hospital and the surgeons there "Didn't feel comfortable" taking care of me. One of the nurses in the Emergency Room at Overlook came up to me and told me about Dr. Nausbaum. She said that he was the best weight loss surgeon in NJ. She was right. He transferred me to Morristown and SAVED MY LIFE. I tell everyone now!!
AJ, I remember your case well. I am so happy...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
He is the best surgeon and has a wonderful bedside manner! I have refereed patients to him and they have been just as happy. MMMC
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
Had an endoscopy with Dr. Nusbaum. Found out my band is wrapped around my esophagus. Endoscopy went REALLY well. I was in and out really fast and have no memory of procedure! Was very nervous while waiting to have iv put in place. He stayed in OR and chatted while I waited making all my anxiety dissipate! Made me feel completely at ease!! Having surgery with Dr Nussbaum next week to remove the band and not nervous at all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
I had surgery with Dr Nusbaum two years ago. He did a sleeve on me and I went from 265lbs to 135 lbs. I used to be 5'5 but somehow I'm only 5'4 now and I look and feel great thanks to Dr Nusbaum and his amazing staff. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever met. He spends so much time with me that I feel guilty taking up his valuable time. He is truly the greatest. I recommend him to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?
Overall I had a negative experience. He came highly recommended, however he does not get to know his patients. He placed a removable filter in me prior to my procedure stating that it was necessary. The filter a few months later was banned and unable to be removed in surgery. Current medical procedures/protocols were not followed. Dr. Nusbaum has questionable ethics. He is more concerned with money than his patients well being. A long list of unacceptable behavior for a physician.
This review is by a medical malpractice firm...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Nusbaum, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nusbaum?