Dr. Michael J. Nusbaum, MD

Dr. Michael J. Nusbaum, MD

Bariatric Surgery | Male | 51 years old

Our Focus is on the Whole Patient. Bariatric Surgery is a tool and we provide you with the instruction and support to make that tool work most efficiently for you. We are not a "mill" and prefer a smaller more intimate environment for our patients. We take our time and pride ourselves on our close realationships with our patients. We are here to help you on your weight loss journey.Read more

Dr. Nusbaum's Experience

See how Dr. Nusbaum's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nusbaum

Dr. Nusbaum accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Nusbaum has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Nusbaum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nusbaum to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Nusbaum
Dr. Nusbaum's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (47)
I had surgery with Dr Nussbaum over 15 years ago. I can say that he is simply the best. He is not all about money. He genuinely cares for hisale patients. His office staff is phenomenal. I have had the chance to work with a number of bariatric surgeons and he is by far the best I have seen.
Thank you for your kind review. I am honored that you selected me to put your trust in. I am happy that I could make a positive difference in your life.
in East Orange, NJ |
Doc Nausbaum is the best. He is so warm. He is so caring. He and his staff are absolutely incredible in the work that they do. God bless them all!
Thank you B! I am honored that you put your faith and trust in me. God bless you as well.
in Livingston, NJ |
I can't begin to tell you how lucky I was to find Dr. Nausbaum. I had surgery by another surgeon at St. Barnabas and ended up with a leak two weeks after. I went to Overlook hospital and the surgeons there "Didn't feel comfortable" taking care of me. One of the nurses in the Emergency Room at Overlook came up to me and told me about Dr. Nausbaum. She said that he was the best weight loss surgeon in NJ. She was right. He transferred me to Morristown and SAVED MY LIFE. I tell everyone now!!
AJ, I remember your case well. I am so happy that the nurse at Overlook told you about me, and I am thrilled that I was able to fix you up and get you back on your feet. All the best, Dr. Nusbaum
in Linden, NJ |
He is the best surgeon and has a wonderful bedside manner! I have refereed patients to him and they have been just as happy. MMMC
Had an endoscopy with Dr. Nusbaum. Found out my band is wrapped around my esophagus. Endoscopy went REALLY well. I was in and out really fast and have no memory of procedure! Was very nervous while waiting to have iv put in place. He stayed in OR and chatted while I waited making all my anxiety dissipate! Made me feel completely at ease!! Having surgery with Dr Nussbaum next week to remove the band and not nervous at all!
in Summit, NJ |
I had surgery with Dr Nusbaum two years ago. He did a sleeve on me and I went from 265lbs to 135 lbs. I used to be 5'5 but somehow I'm only 5'4 now and I look and feel great thanks to Dr Nusbaum and his amazing staff. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever met. He spends so much time with me that I feel guilty taking up his valuable time. He is truly the greatest. I recommend him to everyone.
Overall I had a negative experience. He came highly recommended, however he does not get to know his patients. He placed a removable filter in me prior to my procedure stating that it was necessary. The filter a few months later was banned and unable to be removed in surgery. Current medical procedures/protocols were not followed. Dr. Nusbaum has questionable ethics. He is more concerned with money than his patients well being. A long list of unacceptable behavior for a physician.
This review is by a medical malpractice firm searching to get patients to sue filter companies. This is not a real review but rather a reflection on how un-ethical some malpractice lawyers can be. Please ignore this fake review.
Have you seen Dr. Michael J. Nusbaum, MD?

Compare Dr. Nusbaum

Dr. Nusbaum's Care Philosophy

Dr. Nusbaum's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Nusbaum has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nusbaum's Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Infertility
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Phosphorus Metabolism Disorders

Graduated in 1988

• Hebrew
  • Italian
  • Portuguese

Dr. Nusbaum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nusbaum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Surgery
  • Bariatric Medicine
  • General Surgery
  • Surgery

• Acid Reflux Surgery
  • Adhesiolysis
  • Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endocrine Surgical Procedure
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.