Dr. Michael Newman, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 37 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Newman is very professional and friendly. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering orthopedic surgery. Before and after my surgery I was well prepared and knew what to expect every step of the way.
Author:
Dr. Newman is a professional who is thorough, informative and comfortable to talk to.
Author:
Because of the education before and after my bilateral knee replacement I had a very positive experience. Dr. Newman and his team let me know what to expect every step of the way. They dealt with my questions in a timely manner but more importantly I was always treated with respect and compassion. I look forward to hiking Bryce and Zion!
Author:
My recovery from a total hip replacement was very quick because of the method used and the skill demonstrated by Dr. Newman.
Author:
Dr Newman and staff did excellent job with my hip replacement! Very informative, professional, and for me personally I felt I could trust his judgement with all of it!!!
Author:
I injured both knee's in 1984 and been living with this problem ever since. Finally I came to the end of my road and couldn't tolerate the pain any more. My wife found Dr. Newman online and found out he did Bilateral knee surgery. On March 26th he and his team performed the Bilateral knee surgery. It was an awesome day. I am now 6 weeks past the surgery and cannot believe the results. I have straight legs again and my knee pain is just about gone. I just have the surgery discomfort to work through which is subsiding fast. For me Dr. Newman and his team was a God-send. I have no complaints at all. I would definitely recommend him and his team to anyone for the knee surgery. He and his team worked in a very professional way and kept me informed about everything related to the surgery. All I can say to Dr. Newman and his team is THANK YOU and GOD BLESS all of you for a Job well done. :)
Author:
I had to have a total knee replacement/revision after a difficult 1st knee replacement only 4 years ago. This was a complicated revision which also included an adjustment to my MCL I did not go into this surgery lightly and neither did Dr. Newman. Dr. Newman was extremely thorough in his examinations, explanations and follow-thru. I was completely confident in his ability to straighten my knee. The surgery went well and my recovery has amazed my PT team. I definitely highly recommend him.
Author:
I have had numerous orthopedic procedures in the past 47 years that have included two total left knee replacements and repairing a broken left hip. Dr. Newman replaced my right knee on January 22, 2019. He is by far the most compassionate and caring orthopedist I have ever met. He is extremely knowledgeable and listens to his patients’ concerns with genuine understanding. Dr. Newman and his staff are top notch. I am now six weeks post-op, and my recovery has been positive in every way.
Author:
Dr. Newman is attentive, professional, and personable. He did an excellent job explaining my diagnosis, and the necessary surgery. He did an excellent job performing a long and diffucult surgery, and I have had a great result. I highly recommend Dr. Newman.
Author:
He is very good explains everything. he has a confidence in what he does. I find that very reassuring. He has always made me feel like I had the best doctor working for me.i would recommend anyone having hip surgery to see him. All the staff at st- marys was excellent.
Author:
Dr. Newman is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. Had a full knee replacement with Dr. Newman one year ago (2018) and everything went smoothly. Surgery was good, recuperation wasn’t bad and I am pain free. Have recommended Dr. Newman to several people who have followed up with him successfully. Thank you Dr. Newman.
Author:
I would highly recommend this orthopedic surgeon. Dr.Newman is the surgeon that you can have. He is a very caring and understanding surgeon. He is always willing to help you understand what could be wrong. So if you are ever in need of a great doctor. Please don't hesitate to give him a call. You will not be disappointed I certainly was not. I give him the highest respect and very loyal and friendly doctor.
Author:
Michael Newman is, by far, the kindest, most deeply compassionate physician I have ever worked with. He is highly skilled and works tirelessly to achieve the desired end result. His level of caring for and about his patients puts him in a class of his own.
Author:
If you are looking for an orthopedic surgeon this is your doctor. Dr Newman and his team are by far the most knowledgeable, personable, experienced team I have met. From the minute I met dr Newman I new I had found my surgeon. He took the time to explain everything and answer any questions I had. He talked to me not at me. I felt very comfortable with dr Newman and new I could call his office any time if I had questions. I had bilateral total knee replacement surgery and could not be happier.
Author:
November of 2015, Dr. Newman performed a bilateral hip replacement on me. It was his recommendation that I have both done at the same time. The surgery and recovery period was excellent. Now being three years post-op I can say that I am 99.9% pain free and I would highly recommend Dr. Newman and his team for hip and knee replacements.
Author:
Dr Newman , enough good can not be said about him.. Both knees replaced with in minutes of each other.. an excellent outcome. Highly recommended by me.
Author:
I had a terribly damaged left knee that had deteriorated over the last 39 years. He advised me it was time for replacement and it is not possible to be more satisfied. It has only been 6 weeks post surgery and I am already riding my recumbent bike for 2 miles a day. His knowledge, skill, bedside manner, and all his staff are top notch. I would say to anyone who needs knee replacement, take the time to talk to him before you make you surgeon choice.
Author:
Dr. Newman performed a total knee replacement on my right knee. The operation and recovery were excellent, and I would recommend him very highly.
Author:
Dr. Newman did a double knee replacement for me in July 2018. Dr. Newman and his staff made the whole procedure easier. If I ever had a question, someone was always available to assist me. Dr. Newman is a compassionate doctor who listens to the patient. He showed a genuine concern for my condition and was able to help me get my life back to normal. I cannot thank him enough!
Author:
Six years ago I had a knee replacement, then two partial replacements and six weeks ago I underwent a complete revision. Dr. Newman fixed me up so that my knee feels better than it has in fifteen years. He truly gave me my life back !
Author:
Dr. Newman did a bilateral knee replacement for me 6 weeks ago. Everything has gone very well. I am 83 years old and so pleased that he wanted to do both replacements at the same time. It cut my risk factors in half and I am ready to start playing golf again
Author:
Dr. Newman is kind, caring and yet professional. Before my surgery I told him about my sister who was having aortic aneurysm surgery the day after mine. When he came to visit me a day after my surgery, he asked also how my sister was doing. I was so impressed that he remembered.
Author:
Dr Newman is an excellent physician He did a total knee on my right knee that should have been done 15 years earlier and it is now better than my other knee. He takes his time answering all your questions and I feel genuinely really cares about his patients.
Author:
I was fortunate to have found Dr. Newman as a second opinion. Upon my initial consultation it was clear that he was the professional I wanted and needed to manage my knee care and most recently 9/11/18 a TKA. He and his team, from office to hospital hit it out of the park when it camed to the education process, compassion and treatment. The level of training and experience Dr Newman brings to patient care are “gold standard” all of the way. I highly recommend Dr Newman and his outstanding team.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Newman has been wonderful. He is friendly and caring, yet always professional. He explains everything clearly and makes sure that you understand and that your goals for yourself are the same as his goals for you. I never feel rushed during my appointments. I had a total knee replacement and could not be happier with the care and the results. I am actually looking forward to having my next knee done.
Author:
Dr. Newman came highly recommended to us by our local ortho dr for a hip replacement. Had an anterior hip replacement recently. Found Dr. Newman to be a highly competent, excellent surgeon with outstanding communication skills in answering our questions/concerns. He told my husband and I that he would take good care of me and he did! Highly, highly recommend Dr. Newman!
Author:
I found Dr Newman an excellent and caring surgeon. I had both knees replaced at the same time and would recommend the procedure to anyone in good health to have them operated on at the same time when necessary.
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Newman for hip replacement surgery. He is the best at this. He is peerless in every way. His skill as a surgeon, demeanor, and bed side manner are all exemplary. I have been seen and treated by many doctors in my life, Not any of them can be compared to him. I am truly fortunate to have found such an excellent doctor.
Author:
Dr. Newman did a total knee replacement for me on July 31, 2018. He explained everything to me prior to surgery and made me feel at ease. I had my 6 week follow up today, have had no pain at all for the past 2 weeks. I will be returning to work on the 24th. A different surgeon did the other knee and it did not go so well, and,I was out of work for 3 months. I would certainly recommend Dr. Newman to anyone in need of a total knee replacement. He and his assistant Allie are awesome.
Author:
Dr. Newman did a total knee replacement on me in May 2018 and he was excellent. Before my surgery he explained everything so that I understood, he was attentive and cared about my concerns making me feel comfortable about having him do it. After my surgery, I had a list which he patiently listened to and answered every question that was on my list. I need my other knee done and I'm having it done next spring and no one but Dr. Newman is going to do it. He ROCKS in my book!
Author:
Very professional and compassionate care from diagnosis, surgery, and recovery. Every step of my hip replacement surgery was explained and all of my questions were answered. I am now pain-free for two years and my only regret is that I didn't see Dr. Newman sooner. I have recommended Dr. Newman to coworkers who have hip pain issues on several occasions.
Author:
I had some hesitancy about having bilateral hip replacements at this particular hospital, but after meeting with Dr. Newman felt completely at ease. He was straightforward but very kind and he knows what he is doing. Had my surgery just about three months ago and I am up walking, gardening and actually living again. Cannot say enough good things about him!
Author:
He was willing and able to help me when other surgeons dismissed me as a surgical risk. Now, a year later with a new hip, I'm a new woman!!
Author:
Incredibly professional and compassionate. Great surgeon who met and exceeded all expectations with my knee replacement surgery.