Dr. Michael Newman, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 46

Dr. Newman

South Bay Plastic Surgeons

3640 Lomita Blvd Ste 306 Torrance, CA 90505

Dr. Michael Newman, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Torrance, CA and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, School Of Medicine medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Harbor - UCLA Medical Center and Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Newman to book an appointment.

Dr. Newman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Newman

4.2

80.21978021978022%

Dr. Newman
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Michael K. Newman! I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer in November and had to digest the earth shattering news that I was going to lose my breasts at 37. Dr. Newman came highly recommended as a seasoned reconstructive surgeon and it showed. First he put me at ease by showing me a myriad of photos of bi-lateral mastectomy success stories and reassured me that he would do his very best to make sure I had a similar result. He made sure I was comfortable and well informed throughout the entire process from pre-op to day-of to post-op check ups. 6 months later I am blown away with my "makeover!" My breasts are easily more beautiful than they were before. He was able to salvage my nipples and create a beautiful shape. They are so perky! All my friends are jealous and my fiancee is an equally happy customer. ;0) Best news yet, I'm currently cancer free and am working hard to stay that way. Thank you Dr. Newman!
Erin RB – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Receiving a breast cancer diagnosis was devastating. I wasn’t even 40 yet, was in a new relationship, and had no immediate family that lived in the same state for support. I spent the first few days frantically searching for doctors. Despite the alcohol and crying fits, this was a very thorough search. I read through testimonials, called offices, and visited potential doctors. What I didn’t know before the diagnosis is that good doctors tag team. This means, if you find a Surgical Oncologist you trust, that Surgical Oncologist has a go-to Plastic Surgeon that they trust as well. The first surgery (double mastectomy), if you decide to go with expanders and later implants, is done in two parts. The first half, the Surgical Oncologists removes your breast tissue, tumor(s), and nipples if you had to have them removed. The second half belongs to the Plastic Surgeon who inserts the expanders. The next few months, you’re under his or her care, and depending on what you choose for your body, t
Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Dr. Newman is a highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeon. It is very rare to find physician with compassion, kindness, understanding and the patience that he possess. When you choose Dr. Newman as your surgeon rest assure that you are going to be in the very best care there is in Southern California. He will go out of his was way insure that you receive the best possible care for your health needs. I am honored. Thank you Dr. Newman
Milette P Fairclough in HAWTHORNE, CA – Sep 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
My wife had a bilateral mastectomy 2 years ago and Dr. Newman did a perfect job in the reconstruction. She looks and feels great due to his attention to detail and unbelievable skill set. She looks incredible both dressed and undressed and no one can tell she even had surgery. Dr. Newman was patient, caring and understanding both before and after the procedure which made the process a little easier. We would highly recommend him to family and friends!
SB – Aug 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Dr. Newman is the best!! He is very friendly, easy to talk to, makes sure you are comfortable with the plans and explains everything throughly. He uses his knowledge and experience so that you will have the best outcome possible. I could not be happier with how it all turned out. After going through the hell that is cancer, chemo, radiation and multiple surgeries you can lose a piece of yourself with all the changes your body goes through. Dr Newman helped give me my confidence back.
May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Not enough space here to talk about what a wonderful experience I had and how lucky I was to find Dr Newman. It's been a year of my mommy makeover and I love my body!!! I look better than I did before even having kids. My tummy is flat, breasts are back where they belong and love handles are gone. Thank you, thank you Dr Newman and his amazing staff! If you are looking for a caring, professional and perfectionist surgeon look no further, you have found the right guy.
Mayve in Long Beach, CA – Oct 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
I cannot thank Dr. Newman and his wonderful staff enough for the amazing results from breast reconstruction after a double mastectomy. Dr. Newman is everything one would hope for in a doctor...kind, calm, answers any and all questions, and above all, his work is second to none. If you are looking for a top notch plastic surgeon in the South Bay, look no further.
Torrance, CA – Jul 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
I will be forever grateful to Dr. Newman for the amazing job he did with my reconstructive surgery. His sweet and calm demeanor made a challenging situation, much easier. He always took his time to answer all my questions and address my concerns. I was given realistic expectations regarding the surgery, but then he delivered above and beyond with amazing results. The surgery was much easer than I had imagined, with only minimal (well managed) discomfort. Afterwards a recovery room nurse told me
AB – Jun 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
What a great experience! So happy with my results!!!!
Redondo Beach, CA – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Dr. Michael Newman is the best! He took care of me with compassion, encouragement, and perfection. He is very knowledgeable and direct in attacking the complications I encountered. He is God sent to me. His office is clean and comfortable. His staff are all friendly, professional and very efficient. I have the most amazing experience in regards to medical with Dr. Newman and staff. I recommend Dr. Newman to everyone including my family.
Elsa in Torrance, CA – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
I LOOOVE DR. NEWMAN For all my life I've been insecure, depress because my breast were oversized and now since I had surgery with Dr. Newman I'm more spicy, more athletic. Dr. Newman did an amazing job, no pain. Dr. Newman gave me another chance at being young and no more insecurities or depression. Dr. Newman gave me the size I've always dreamed of and now I got it , it's hard not to SHOW OFF his amazing work of art!!
Porsha McGuire in Torrance, CA – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Dr. Newman did my reconstructive surgery after a double mastectomy for breast cancer. He is incredibly kind and an extremely good listener. He is intelligent and has great wisdom in his field as well as other medical disciplines. I believe he does not settle for anything that is not in the best interest of the patient. My results were excellent. If you need any kind of plastic surgery, I would highly recommend him. The office environment is bright and upbeat. The staff is great.
Nancy D in Palos Verdes, CA – Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Dr. Michael K. Newman is without question one of the most technically brilliant, personally kind and humanly approachable plastic surgeons working today. Online reviews that overflow with superlatives tend to bring out the skeptic in me. And yet here I am, hoping you the reader, will carefully consider mine. I had a challenging surgery and an A+ result. I urge you to simply research your options. Then make an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Michael Newman. See for yourself.
R. D. in Los Angeles, CA – Nov 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
I was so fortunate to have Dr. Newman as my reconstructive surgeon as I dealt with the unexpected diagnosis of breast cancer. Dr. Newman is a great doctor. He does amazing work and makes a very difficult situation easy to get through. Everyone who heard that he was my doctor would say to me, "oh, you're so lucky!" I would highly recommend Dr. Newman to anyone for reconstructive and/or plastic surgery. He really is the best.
Redondo Beach, CA – Nov 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
I recently had the DIEP procedure due to breast cancer. Dr. Newman is kind, caring and takes his time to explain the procedure as well to answer any questions you may have. He is immaculate in his work and a true perfectionist and artist. I am very please with the results.
Jdevriesotr in Torrance, CA – Sep 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Dr. Newman is an amazing doctor and person. He is kind, understanding, and thoughtful. I went through the awful experience of breast cancer and a mastectomy. His reconstruction was amazing!!! He is a true artist, and perfectionist. I am very pleased with the results.
Kristen B. in Redondo Beach, CA – Aug 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
I went to see Dr. Newman for a breast reduction, lift, and nipple repair. Initially, I was very embarrassed but Dr Newman was very professional and made me feel comfortable and at ease quickly. His smile, sense of humor, and his ability to make you feel at ease was such a wonderful experience. He is patient and goes well beyond to ensure you understand the procedure. Also, his post-op care was exceptional . I could not not be happier with my results. It was a great experience.
Debbie in Redondo Beach, CA – May 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
I could not be more pleased with my revision procedure performed by Dr. Michael Newman. My result is everything I had hoped for. The entire staff at SBPS is professional, helpful and courteous. My only caveat to a perfect review is their use of the Surgery Center of South Bay where I was treated abruptly pre-op by the nurse on duty and hustled out post-op without instructions when my husband picked me up. The practice will be opening its own surgical center center soon. Grade:A
Manhattan Beach, CA – Apr 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
Dr. Newman spent time to answer all my questions. He provided pictures, drawings and even provided sample implants so that I could see how they would look. He was very attentive and patient. The results from my lift and implants are wonderful. Even the surgical staff recommended him, which was re-assuring. He has a great sense on humor which put me at ease, yet is very professional. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.
Anne Lattner in Redondo Beach, CA – Mar 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?
After my second child, I started researching doctors in preparation for a breast augmentation & possible breast lift. I went to 4 different doctors, all of whom were recommended to me by friends, family or colleagues. I chose Doctor Newman because of all the doctors I consulted with, he was the one that I felt had MY best interest in mind at all times. He went above & beyond to make me feel comfortable with the entire process + great results! He is an amazing surgeon & has a wonderful staff.
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA – Feb 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Newman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Newman?

Board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Michael Newman is known by his patients for his positive attitude, thorough consultations, and excellent results....Read more

Dr. Newman obtained his undergraduate degree from UCLA and he completed medical school at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. This was followed...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery