Dr. Michael A. Nelson, MD

Dr. Michael A. Nelson, MD

Cardiology | Male

ProActive Heart & Vascular, Germantown, TN 7751 Wolf River Blvd, Germantown, TN 38138 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Nelson has great passion and vision about his commitment to individualized patient care and quality.Read more

Dr. Nelson's Experience

See how Dr. Nelson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nelson

Dr. Nelson accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Nelson has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Nelson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nelson to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Nelson
Dr. Nelson's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (65)
in Corinth , MS |
This was a pre surgery exam for bariatric surgery. The wait time was long but that's probably because he takes time with his patients. Dr. Nelson was very good at explaining and made me feel comfortable. He made me feel that my health was important. Great experience.
in Oakland, TN |
Dr. Nelson is extremely thorough, very knowledgeable, and has great "bedside manner". I am very happy that he was recommended to my by Dr. Mullinex at St. Francis. If you are experiencing any cardiovascular problems, he's your man.
in Memphis, TN |
Very proficient and caring..... takes time to discuss options!
in Germantown, TN |
Dr. Nelson is reassuring, kind and leaves no stone un turned. His nursing staff is first class and well trained. All in all, because this is a smaller clinic, these professionals treat you as "real" people not just someone in a patient data base. There's just no reason for anyone in a 100 mile radius to think about going anywhere else. (Altho, I know this would mean a bigger practice for them, I cant imagine them taking less time , or being any less patient oriented). Mary Smith
in Memphis, TN |
I had a problem with swollen ankles. After a few visits with Dr. Nelson, I no longer swell. I highly recommend him.
in Munford, TN |
I love Dr. Nelson and his staff. Everyone is so pleasant and courteous and caring.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Nelson is personable and made my first visit easy. He was also through. His staff was helpful and cheerful.
in Bartlett, Tn |
Very thorough and pleasant and cordial. He explains things well.
in Memphis, Tennessee |
My experience has been very good Doctor Nelson is a superior doctor and yes, I would/will recommend Dr. Nelson to others. His staff does exceptional work. They are professionals, well trained, and good at what they do. Well done! Thanks for caring for me.
in Collierville, TN |
Great personality, good with patients. Takes the time to explain procedures before, during, and after. Will answer all your questions.
in Bartlett, TN |
He was very interested in my health. He has a great bedside manner that to many other male doctors don't have. He is caring and well educated to take care of all of your needs.
in Memphis, TN |
I was initially referred to Dr. Nelson because of an undiagnosed heart arrhythmia. In the process of diagnosing and monitoring the arrhythmia, Dr. Nelson also discovered a secondary issue after I mentioned an issue I thought was completely unrelated. Both issues have now been treated, and I'm feeling great. The entire ProActive Heart staff has been wonderful and provides excellent, attentive care during each visit.
in Collierville, TN |
Ability to be seen quickly. Was seen soon after arrival time. Very professional staff.
in Byhalia,ms |
Great Dr good beside manner help saved the love of my life
in Arlington, TN |
Outstanding doctor that truly cares for his patients!!
in Germantown, Tn |
Had a great experience with my vein procedures. Dr Nelson took time to explain every step of each procedure. All of my questions were answered. The staff is very helpful and so caring.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr Nelson is very professional and the staff is very nice. Be prepared to have extra free time for your appointment because between completing tests and Dr. Nelson walking into the examination room it took about 90 minutes the first visit and 60 minutes the second.
in Arlington, TN |
Dr. Nelson and his staff we just wonderful in helping me with my condition. I would highly recommend them for any vein issues.
in Selmer, TN |
Dr. Nelson and his staff are a caring and professional medical team. Very impressed that their scheduling is within acceptable time frames and you are not left sitting for hours. Procedures are explained as well as pre and post instructions. I could not be happier to have Dr. Nelson as my experienced and caring cardiologist and vascular professional. From the front desk to the insurance to the members of his staff, Dr. Nelson is an excellent experience.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Nelson is an excellent doctor, he truly cares about his patients. The staff also fantastic, and care about your well-being.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Nelson treats his patients like family. The staff in the office are incredible.
in Oakland, TN |
Dr. Nelson is very personable and the nursing staff are great that means a lot.
in Eads, TN |
Dr Nelson and his staff are very knowledgeable. Also friendly and courteous. I would definitely recommend him.
in Memphis, TN |
The staff was very professional and friendly. Dr. Nelson was very attentive and really explained everything about my procedure. I really had a wonderful experience with the entire process. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
Cordova, TN |
Extemely nice and knowledgable. Wonderful staff. You can get in touch with nurses and staff easily and they always get back to you quickly.
in Memphis, TN |
Excellent physician and staff. Everyone friendly. No long waits to see dr.
in Collierville, TN |
Very through. Friendly, courteous, detailed.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr.Nelson and staff very nice and professional
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Nelson is an exceptional physician, trained at the best medical schools and hospitals, up to date with the latest advances in cardiology and related technologies, and thus well equipped to deal with the broad spectrum of cardiac and vascular problems. His expert staff are warm and welcoming, and have always treated me with kindness and respect. Going to Dr. Nelson's is like seeing an expert in one's own family.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr Nelson and his staff are the best. I have never been to a drs office where everyone in there make you feel so comfortable and at ease. I would recommend this office to anyone.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr Nelson explains your situation with no sugar coating. He answers your questions to the smallest detail and asks questions of you-he pays close attention. Excellent bedside manner!
in Memphis, TN |
He's a straight shooter... I like that. He also is not rushed when he is with you.
in Collierville, TN |
Dr. Nelson is the only reason I'm alive today. Dr. Nelson picked up on a blood clot issue I had during a routine visit and thanks to Dr. Nelson's quick actions I was sent to the Hospital where major clots were removed from my heart and lungs. Had Dr. Nelson not caught the issue when he did I wouldn't be here today. Dr. Nelson is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. Dr. Nelson is experienced, friendly, and does a great job. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good cardiologist.
in Memphis, TN |
When I met Dr. Nelson for the first time, I was very comfortable. He wanted to learn about me as a person and actually listened to my medical history. Nothing I said was brushed aside and he was able to address every concern I have. With that being said, what I feared to be a heart problem, was actually a problem with some veins in my legs. Once those were fixed with his laser procedure, I have had no problems (swelling, pain, restless leg syndrome). I can work out with out cramping too.
in Memphis, TN |
I had been with another big box cardiologist for many years and still had the same problems after being prescribed multiple medications. After just 1 visit with Dr. Nelson and 1 medication to replace all the others, I have not had any more problems. I only see him once a year and I rarely have to wait past my appointment time. All of the assistants are friendly and helpful. He takes his time, does not rush through the visit and answers all questions thoroughly. I highly recommend Dr. Nelson!
in Germantown, TN |
I have received excellent medical care from Dr. Nelson for several years. He is a superb physician who listens to my concerns and takes a measured approach to treatment. I trust his perspective knowing that he looks at the total picture of my health and is slow to push pills as the only remedy.
in Collierville, TN |
Dr. Nelson has professional office staff. He is thorough and he takes time to discuss your medical care with you.
in Cordova, TN |
The most efficiently run doctors office I have ever been in. I have had several appointments at different times of the day and never sat around waiting! All of the staff are super nice and great at their job! Dr. Nelson was wonderful, you don't feel like just another number when you see him. Would encourage anyone looking for a heart/vascular doctor to give them a call!!!
Collierville, TN |
He said my insurance required a 2nd ultrasound. His staff said he was trying to qualify another vein. This lie cost me extra $. He told me 5 veins qualified for EVLT and scheduled one vein per day w/ultrasound before he'd do the next vein. He takes 1 vein and breaks it down into multiple appts (top of leg/bottom of leg). This is so he can collect a lot more $. How inconvenient and costly! DO NOT TRUST. I went elsewhere for 4 appts vs his 10 appts!! He cares more about $ than your health/time
in Memphis, TN |
Issues w/ veins LEFT lower leg. Had procedures in the office w/ mild sedation. Dr Nelson told me I needed more in my RIGHT leg, even though it felt fine. Put me thru 7 procedures.Was sent to an Ortho Dr by Dr Nelson for Intense swelling in LEFT leg AGAIN & told there WAS a large varicose vein he missed. Went for a 2nd opinion, was told there were SEVERAL procedures that didn't need to be done. I was also given a medication, call vasculera that Dr Nelson NEVER offered. I now owe $4000
Very warm and friendly dr. Wait time was much longer than I planned for.
Have you seen Dr. Michael A. Nelson, MD?
Are you Dr. Nelson?

Compare Dr. Nelson

Germantown, TN 38138

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.