Dr. Michael Murray, MD

Dr. Murray
Telehealth services available

Main Line Health- Paoli Spine Surgery

120 Valley Green Ln King of Prussia, PA 19406

Dr. Michael Murray, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in King of Prussia, PA. He is affiliated with Paoli Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Murray to book an appointment.

Dr. Murray's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Murray

Dr. Murray?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (58)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (56)
  • Explained conditions well (56)
  • Long wait times (2)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
Dr. Murray is what doctors used to be; caring, attentive, considerate, knowledgeable, compassionate, kind and informative. You can really feel how much he wants you to feel better. He takes his time, explains things to you until you understand them. He doesn't rush you out of his office, leaving you to feel like you're only a number. Dr. Murray performed my back surgery and within 4 months, I was feeling much better. Even while I was in rehab, Dr. Murray called several times (spoke directly with me, and not the doctors), when he checked on my progress. That's unheard of from most doctors. Even when his personal life was very busy, he still made time to call and check on me. I couldn't believe that a doctor possessed and showed such sincere dedication to his patients. Dr. Murray has the best bedside manner of any doctor that I've ever known, and I pray that the hectic pressures of him being such a skilled surgeon will not change him. Dr. Murray is a great surgeon and human being.
Beverly F. Angry – Oct 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Michael Murray, Operated on my back, invasive surgery. It helped tremendously! I wish I could find his new location.
Beth O'Connell – Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray is the ONLY ONE in the area that accurately diagnosed my problem, gave me options and then offered the most cutting edge options for me. I saw another surgeon (supposedly with a good reputation) at another practice and they misdiagnosed my problem and then tried to pressure me into surgery. I had surgery with Dr. Murray and my pain is gone! I was back to work in 2 weeks after surgery. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and see Dr. Murray first!
Richard Matsen – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray is an extraordinarily gifted surgeon and a very kind and compassionate person. In my case, he performed a Anterior Cervical Disc Fusion in September 2019. After months of horrible pain, six weeks post op, I am completely pain free. This has changed my life and I am deeply grateful to Dr. Murray and his staff for taking such great care of me.
Nina Wall in Coatesville , PA – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
I have had 3 lumbar fusions and by far, the last one as performed by Dr. Murray, was the least traumatic and most impressive. . His personal caring and "listening" has resulted in excellent pain management and significantly good recovery. His entire team is very available and responsive.
Mar 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
I suffered from stenosis in my neck, fused C4-C7. Appointments were always speedy. Great listener. Provided answers to all my questions. Although I had prescription medication for pain, it wasn't needed. He was amazing!
RGK in Chester Springs, PA – Feb 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray removed three herniated discs and fused four vertebrae in my neck, relieving me of years of pain. Recovery was smooth and even with some reduced range of motion, I feel so much better. After years of chiropractors, physical therapists and pain management doctors, Dr. Murray fixed what they couldn't.
Allison Read in Oxford, PA – Feb 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
I suffered for 15 years and tried pain mgmt. (spinal shots) couldn't take it anymore. I went to Dr. Murray. he operated on my back and no more sciatica and I am more than happy. It is like a new beginning. I can walk again without pain and I am so pleased. I would suggest anyone who has a back problem, see Dr. Murray. He is truly a miracle worker. I trust him and I recommend him to anyone suffering back problems.
Veronica in Parkesburg, PA – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
After being hit by a car, I experienced debilitating back pain for two years. Other doctors left me feeling defeated and ignored. Dr. Murray was the first doctor who took the time to understand my injury and made me feel like I was being listened to. He took all of the appropriate conservative treatment measures before recommending surgery. The surgery was a success and I finally have my life back! I can't thank him and his staff enough for going above and beyond throughout the entire process.
Abbey – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Prior to finding Dr. Murray, I thought that I was going to have to travel out of state to have minimally invasive spine surgery. Luckily, I heard about Dr. Murray from friends in the medical field. The results of my surgery and my overall experience with Dr. Murray far exceeded my expectations! Not only did I get back to work 2 weeks after my fusion, but Dr. Murray was fabulous during the entire process. You can tell that he truly cares about his patients and it shows. He is truly the best
Philadelphia, PA – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
I had put off getting a spinal fusion for so long because of the pain and long recovery that I saw with people that had these surgeries. I eventually decided to have a minimally invasive spine fusion at L4-L5 and went home the very next day. The nerve pain in my legs was gone and I only had what I would describe as ‘soreness’ where the incision was. I was doing so well, people couldn’t believe that I had a spine fusion. If someone needs a spine fusion, I hope that they see Dr. Murray!
Mark Anderson in Wayne, PA – May 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray is an extraordinarily skilled spinal surgeon as well as a truly lovely person. After an unsuccessful back surgery 1 1/2 years ago that resulted in continued back pain and a new pain in my leg, I was lucky to find Dr. Murray. Now, 7 weeks after Dr. Murray's surgery, my back pain is so much better and my leg pain is gone! We are blessed here in Chester County to have such a top notch spine surgeon available. His caring attitude and terrific bedside manner are just icing on the cake!
Exton PA – Apr 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray is the best in the Philadelphia area. I saw a number of surgeons and no one else has his experience with minimally invasive spine surgery. He did a minimally invasive spinal fusion at L5-S1 and I was back to work in 3 weeks. A friend that had a traditional spine fusion wasn't back until 3 months after surgery. I don't know why someone would go anywhere else.
Philadelphia, PA – Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
I was sent to Dr. Murray for surgery to replace a cervical disc. Dr. Murray is very easy to talk to, and took as much time as needed to answer all of my questions and to make it very clear what I could expect with the surgery and the recovery. On the day of the surgery Dr. Murray came to see me in pre-op to make sure I was comfortable and that all my questions had been answered. He again saw me after the surgery to let me know everything went well. I highly recommend him to anyone.
Liz Wohner in North East, MD – Dec 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
I was very pleased by Dr. Murray's attention to my questions and the clarity with which he answered them. He discussed surgical and other options with me intelligently, including risks and expected outcomes. He seemed very willing to spend as much time with me as was needed to discuss all of my concerns.
Wilmington, DE – Nov 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray is easy to talk to. He listens to you and does not make you feel rushed. I feel confident and on the same page with him after our first meeting and that has continued throughout our history. His follow up post surgery was the best and I would include his staff with that statement also. After discharging me from the hospital a few days after my surgery I had to return to the hospital with issues not related to my surgery. Dr. Murray continued to check in on me every day. Thank You Dr.
Steve K in Hockessin, DE – Sep 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray has a friendly open manner and is a great communicator - he listens carefully and explains things well. My lumbar fusion was a success and very easy to recover from. Follow up was great - he is easy to contact and called me twice in addition to the post-op in-hospital visit. I have already recommended him to a friend who had a fusion two years ago and now needs more work.
JoanM in Newark, DE – Aug 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Before having spine surgery I did my homework... I got an opinion from another surgeon in Delaware and also went to the Rothman Institute. Dr. Murray exceeded my expectations and stood out, head and shoulders above the other doctors both as a surgeon and in his ability to connect with his patients.
Janet C. in Glen Mills, PA – Aug 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Very considerate, professional and has excellent relationships with his patients. Excellent doctor and surgeon. Would recommend to any person having back or leg issues.
Wallace Bell in Wyoming, DE – Aug 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray was wonderful and very professional. he was very compassionate and spent a great deal of time answering all of my questions and concerns. He and his staff were quick to call me back when I had questions. I felt great immediately after surgery. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends. The surgery was a great success and I have not felt pain free in many years.
Rosemarie Metcalfe in Bear, Delaware – Aug 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Murray, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Murray?

Dr. Murray is a board certified spine surgeon with the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.  He specializes in a wide...Read more

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery