Dr. Michael Murnane, MD

Dr. Michael Murnane, MD

Cardiology  |
Dr. Michael Murnane, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Columbus, OH. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Murnane is affiliated with Mount Carmel West.

745 W State St Ste 610

Columbus, OH 43222

• CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Murnane

See how frequently Dr. Murnane performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chest Pain
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Heart Disease

Dr. Murnane's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Cardiology

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Mitral Valve Disease
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University Of Georgia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Ohio State University / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Murnane has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Murnane does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Murnane and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Murnane's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Murnane to family and friends
Dr. Murnane's Performance
in Grove City, OH |
I first met Dr. Murnane in post-op after having a heart attack at work. I have had two surgeries with him and he is attentive to making my lifetime longer than my lifestyles shortened it. I lost his services when my employer changed my health care provider. Now that I'm retired and back to my original provider, I'm happy to say I'm going back with Dr. Murnane.
Lancaster, OH |
I thought the staff and Dr. Murnane were outstanding. Everyone was very pleasant, and personable. Dr. Murnane took his time asking questions, examining me, and giving explanations. I would feel comfortable recommending a friend or family memeber to him.
The best of the best.
in Grove City, OH |
On my initial visit to Dr. Murnane, he spent a long time understanding my entire health history, to find a diagnosis of coronary artery disease. He explained his plan for treatment very thoroughly. Unfortunately a week later, i developed more severe symptoms and he immediatly admitted me to the hospital for testing. Bottom line, between Dr. Murnane, Dr. Irina Ryazansky, and Dr. Patrick Wells, they saved my life by recognizing the need for a double bypass and quickly acting. They are the best!
in Lewis Center, OH |
Excellent knowledge and very good communicator with patient. Highly recommend.
in Grove City, OH |
I have recommended Dr. Murnane to my relatives and friends because of what a great doctor I think he is. Several of my relatives and friends now go to Dr. Murnane because he really cares about his patients and does a great job coming up with solutions for problems they have. He also has a great staff that takes care of his patients.
in Grove City, OH |
I was extremely nervous but he was so knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable. I would send anyone in my family to him without thinking twice about it. He spent a good amount of time with me and explained everything to me in a way that I could understand.
in New Albany, OH |
He was friendly and took the time to listen to what I had to say.
in Gahanna, OH |
I have been going to Dr. Murnane for about 4 years. He is very patient and thorough. I appreciate that he has kept my family doctor abreast of any results/issues. I recommend him highly.
in Columbus, OH |
I trust Dr.Murnane with my life!
in Mt. Sterling , OH |
My mother has been seeing Dr. Murnane for almost 20 years. We have always been well cared for by He and his staff. We have always felt Confident in all his care decisions for my Mother. She will be 87 in the net couple of weeks. Thank you Dr. Murnane for taking care of her.
in Orient, OH |
Very professional, kind and attentive. Did not rush the visit and took appropriate steps to define the cause for my health issue.
in Dublin, OH |
Dr. Murnane has been my cardiologist for a little over a year. He has diagnosed, treated and guided me with additional specialists over the last year through open-heart surgery for multiple issues. Dr. Murnane and his caring staff(Kelli, Lori, and Laurie, have provided me a new lease on life. I am currently walking an average of 6 miles a day, playing golf and enjoying the grandkids. My wife and all of our family are so grateful to Dr. Murnane and his staff, they are the tops.
in Grove City, OH |
Awesome doctor! Very knowledgable and professional, yet so easy to talk to. The staff is very friendly!
in Columbus, OH |
total complete trust in him for my healthcare. been with him for years and will never switch
in Columbus, OH |
Somehow an error occurred with my previous recorded remarks regarding my opinion of Dr. Murnane and his 20 year care of my condition. I meant to give he and his staff only the highest marks. Somehow only one star was indicated when FIVE (5) are warranted. Again, I recommend Dr. Murnane to anyone needing heart health care. He and his office offer only fine and professional care.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Murnane is a great doctor. He takes time to answer any questions you may have. He explains all procedures he is going to do and why needed. He is also a very friendly doctor.
in Hilliard, OH |
Dr Murnane has been my cardiologist for 13 years. He provides excellent care, & he listens to my questions & concerns.
in Columbus, OH |
He explains everything and answers all your questions in a way you can understand. He also tells you all your options.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Murnane is very easy to talk with about my health. He answers all my questions and concerns. The office is pleasant and everyone was friendly and helpful! I especially like being able to speak directly with the doctor and not someone in between.
in Columbus, OH |
He made me feel well cared for from the first visit.
in The Plains, OH. 45780 |
Have three stents placed by him. Exceeds my expectations! Staff is professional, very helpful!
in Columbus, OH |
Doctor Murnane takes the time to REALLY listen to me when i visit. He also has a very comfortable demeanor. Most doctors now only give you as much time as they are allowed per patient. Not Dr Murnane. I cant thank him enough for the overall care that he provides for me.It would be a tragedy if he were to EVER retire!
in Columbus, OH |
Knowledgeable, caring, informative. Dr. Murnane is a rarity in today's cadre of doctors. Dr. Murnane actually takes the time to talk to his patients, explain what to look for, what to expect and stresses the importance of being vigilant with your health and contacting his office about any concerns you may have. I'm extremely pleased with Dr. Murnane and would highly recomment him.
in Columbus, OH |
I have been patient of Dr. Murnane for many years. He is knowledgeable, accomplished, and caring . I feel that I am in the best of hands.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Murnane is great he has great bedside manor, he smiles and talk to you in a way you can understand, he will even call you personally with result. I will and have recommended him to others.
in Hilliard, OH |
The on this experience was the doctor was on time for appointment. It doesn't get any better than that!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Murnane, MD?
Are you Dr. Murnane?

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio