Dr. Michael Messina, MD

Dr. Michael Messina, MD

Dermatology  ·
Dr. Michael Messina, MD is a dermatologist in Palm Desert, CA and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from Northeastern Oh Univs Coll Of Med in 2007 and specializes in dermatology, pediatric dermatology, and more.Read his story

44311 Monterey Ave

Palm Desert, CA 92260

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Messina

See how frequently Dr. Messina performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Seborrheic Dermatitis
Actinic Keratosis
Seborrheic Keratosis

Dr. Messina's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Messina's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Messina "I have been taking care of patients in the Coachella valley for many years now and the importance of understanding what a patient desires in a dermatologist is paramount. I offer the complete body exam, not just a spot here or an area there. I take care of all conditions involving hair, skin and nails. If you need higher level of care, I have connections with Loma Linda University and other institutions such as UCLA and USC. I offer the options to therapy, and don't only concentrate on surgery or one type of dermatology like cosmetics. If you haven't had a dermatologist look through your hair, between your toes, or where the sun doesn't shine then you haven't truly had a full body exam. I see all patients of all ages from newborn infants to centurions. If you need advice on proper sun protection measures or what type of moisturizers are the best for this arid environment, I can help. If you want to have a doctor who cares and sits down and answers questions and gets to know you, I am your man. I am here for you and will do my best to provide the care and treatment you deserve and that is appropriate for you and your situation."

• Dermatology

• Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Photorejuvenation
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Skin Tag Removal

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of Maryland
  • Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • MOHS
    Other Education | Completed 2014

Dr. Messina has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Messina does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Messina and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Messina's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Messina to family and friends

Dr. Messina's Performance

Dr. Messina is the best dermatologist my wife and I have ever gone to. He has a great personality which matches his superb skill level. We highly recommend him!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Messina is 5 stars in my book. I'm glad he is no longer at West Dermatology. The lower grades are for the staff at West Dermatology. The receptionists/schedulers are disengaged and need to be trained in customer service. Wait times are always long. On my last visit, I checked in and saw the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
We have known Dr. Messina for several years now and every single visit, have we been thoroughly satisfied with his expertise in what route we need to take in every single instance. We highly recommend him to all of our family, friends and anyone looking for someone with highest integrity and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you so much for the kind review. I have always strived to do my best and make patients feel comfortable with me and my style of patient care. I am really thankful for patients like you as you make my job so much fun and rewarding!