Dr. Michael Merrick, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Michael Merrick, MD
Dr. Michael Merrick completed his spinal surgery fellowship with North Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Kentucky. He is a graduate of the University of Texas's medical school in Houston and spent his internship and residency years in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Now back in his home state of Texas, Dr. Merrick specializes in surgery of the spine for Azalea Orthopedics.

Dr. Merrick's Care Philosophy

"My hope is to help patients with disabling back and neck problems get back to living life on their own terms," Merrick said. "I believe that surgery should always be the last resort when it comes to treating spinal conditions in the neck and back," Merrick explains. "However, if various non-operative treatments have been attempted without improvement, spine surgery may be the right answer. Our field has made tremendous advances in recent years. We have minimally invasive and motion-preserving technology that helps patients return to normal function more quickly."

Dr. Merrick's Experience

See how Dr. Merrick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Merrick

Dr. Merrick accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Merrick has admitting privileges.

Dr. Merrick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Merrick to family and friends
Dr. Merrick's Performance
Hawkins, TX |
Dr. Merrick is a detailed person which makes for a good outcome when doing surgery on and around the nerves. He is a very confident man and he treats his patients with kindness and a listening ear.
He did a great job.
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Merrick is very personable and puts you at ease.
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Merrick is gods gift to backs. I was so scared but he made me feel amazing. I also love his staff.
in Palestine, Tx |
Dr. Merrick was a god sent.
in Mabank, TX |
Dr. Merrick has great bedside presence.
in AUSTIN |
Wonderful physician! He takes excellent care of my daughter. Would highly recommend him to anyone who needs an Orthopedic Surgeon!
Quitman, Tx |
I truly believe that Dr. Merrick cares about his patients. He makes us feel welcome and that we truly matter.
I appreciate the time he spend explaining everything is terms I understood.
Flint, TX |
Dr. Merrick is a great. I completely believe he saved my life. Highly recommended. His PA and office staff are courteous and very helpful.
in Tyler, Tx |
I am 34. I hurt my back on my job. Had no idea because it want leg that hurt. After being treated like a junky and tossed out I came home from Corpus. I was on a walker. DR. MERRICK and I met on a Tuesday. I was walking normally and without pain on Thursday!!! All while being treated with true concern prayer and direct attention. I was FLOORED by the service I received both before and after the surgery. DOC works harmoniously with 1 AWESOME nurse Kayla. Cadillac Service in a Walmart world
in Longview, TX |
I really appreciate De. Merrick. He did a great job.
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Merrick was a blessing to me and I was so happy with all he did for me. I also love Dean Pennington.
Dallas, TX |
Overall I believe Dr. Merrick has great bedside manner, takes excellent care of patients, and is superior at his craft.
in Tyler, TX |
Very personable. He explained questions I had in detail. Made me feel like I was important not just another customer.
in Tyler, TX |
Dr. Merrick took his time with my father and explained the options for his treatment going forward in clear and understandable language. I have been thinking I need an evaluation for myself, and Dr. Merrick is now #1 on my list.
in Kilgore, TX |
Have you seen Dr. Michael Merrick, MD?
Are you Dr. Merrick?

Compare Dr. Merrick

Dr. Merrick says...

Dr. Michael Merrick completed his spinal surgery fellowship with North Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Kentucky. He is a graduate of the University of Texas's medical school in Houston and spent his internship and residency years in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Now back in his home state of Texas, Dr. Merrick specializes in surgery of the spine for Azalea Orthopedics.

Dr. Merrick's Care Philosophy

Dr. Merrick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Broken Neck
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston

Graduated in 2009

Dr. Merrick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Merrick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hip Replacement
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair