Dr. Michael McGriff, MD

Dr. Michael McGriff, MD

Cosmetic Dermatology  |

Dr. Michael McGriff, MD is a cosmetic dermatology doctor who practices in Honolulu, HI. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read his story

Hawaii Medical Skin Care

55 Merchant St Ste 1540

Honolulu, HI 96813

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. McGriff

Dr. McGriff's Experience

Dr. McGriff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cosmetic Dermatology

Dr. McGriff's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McGriff "Dr. McGriff is a highly regarded Cosmetic Surgeon who received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oregon, while also competing in long distance track and cross country races. He obtained his medical education on an Air Force medical student scholarship, then Aerospace Medicine, General Surgery and Plastic Surgery residency training in Air Force hospitals and later at Pacific Surgical Institute and Cosmetic Surgery International training programs. He also obtained his Orthopedic Trauma Surgery training at the busiest trauma center in California, located in Sacramento, under the direct guidance of the famous Michael W. Chapman, M.D., who authored the definitive Orthopedic Surgery textbooks known as "Chapman's Orthopedics."Dr. McGriff served proudly, flying mostly in F-15 fighter aircraft during Operation Desert Storm and Operation Provide Comfort, while also serving as the Chief Physician at an Air Force Hospital. He was also stationed in Germany, Italy and France, prior to permanently moving to Hawaii in 2002. During his 27 year surgical career, he has continued serving the military population at Tripler Army Medical Center, caring for the badly injured soldiers and wounded warriors, while helping to develop the today's integrated disability evaluation system to assist these wounded warriors in obtaining proper care and compensation for their injuries. Dr. McGriff has enjoyed serving as Medical Director for Aesthetic Medical clinics and Medispa clinics on Oahu, while being involved in the advancement of Laser surgical techniques and non-invasive aesthetic medicine and minimally invasive cosmetic surgical procedures. He developed the "WoW-Lift!!" facelift with no downtime or surgical scars. Michael McGriff, MD. and his highly trained staff are dedicated to consistently providing the highest quality customer service, utilizing top-of-the-line products, and the latest state of the art cosmetic medical and surgical procedures. In this exquisite atmosphere, providing relaxation and tranquility to our patients, we maintain the utmost professional standards. Office Hours Monday through Saturday: 10.00 am - 8.00 pm Financing options are available through United Medical"

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. McGriff Dr Michael McGriff, MD is the Greatest! For me, it all started with him using the latest techniques to get rid of the ugly brown spots and melasma that other docs had only made worse. Then, we moved on to the most pleasant Botox experience you can imagine (including the best prices!) He makes everything so comfortable, including laser tatto removal. He has really cool laser equipment that seems to be the best and brightest. Then, I decided to try the Smart-Lipo Precision treatment to get rid of my double chin. Wow, what an amazing difference, in just one session and it lasts forever. I'm a big fan and have referred my best friends to Dr McGriff.

Dr. McGriff is so gentle and compassionate with me that I find myself try new things to make myself look my best. He explains every step before, after, and during which takes away all my fear and anxiety that comes with any medical procedure. I did the smart lipo on my stomach which had been a problem area for me as long as I can remember. I work out 5 to 6 times a week and eat very healthy but could never flatten my tummy. After this procedure my abs are actually defined and I have the confidence to wear crop tops. After I saw my amazing results I decided to target another area I was insecure about. This was my jawline and chin so I tried Kybella for 3 treatments the first treatment the swelling lasted for about a week and a half but by the third treatment my chin and jawline were more defined and the swelling was very minimal.

Michael McGriff, M.D. is very friendly, knowledgeable and it's very clear that he cares very much for the health and wellness of his patients. He explained each step of my treatment so that I easily understood and very patiently answered all of my questions. Dr. McGriff is very artistic and skilled at performing my surgical procedures. I am absolutely thrilled with my results and am sharing my strong recommendations for Dr. McGriff with my friends and coworkers. Mahalo Dr. McGriff!

I've received several treatments from Michael McGriff, M.D. and consistently find him to truly care about his patients. My friends who have been here agree that Dr. McGriff provides the best results using the latest technology and his vast experience. His patients all seem very comfortable with Dr. McGriff!

"We’re a Boutique Medical Spa in downtown Honolulu. We can help you look and feel your best whether it be a new body shape and contour with Smartlipo Triplex and Cellulaze or youthful skin rejuvenation of your face, neck and décolleté with our Fotona QX Max Laser Treatments, Lumenis Ultra Pulse Laser skin treatments and more. "

• Cosmetic Dermatology
  • Cosmetic Surgery
  • Surgery

Dr. McGriff does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cosmetic Conditions
  • Gigantomastia
  • Spider Veins
  • Stretch Marks
  • Sun-Damaged Skin
  • Wrinkles

• Surgical Procedures

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• University of Oregon
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Oral Roberts University / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Keesler AFB Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Of California At Davis / School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. McGriff has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. McGriff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McGriff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McGriff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McGriff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McGriff to family and friends
3.6

Dr. McGriff's Performance

Trustworthiness
GOOD
Explains condition(s) well
GOOD
Answers Questions
GOOD
Time well spent

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

Mililani |
He by far the worst medical doctor that I have never gone to in my entire life. He is doing procedures plastic surgery that he was only trained for one day. After having a treatment from him I suffered a very bad infection and he disfigured my face and neck. The treatment is called thermi Smooth....more
It was absolutely best expirience
I had spider veins all along my legs and now they are GONE!!!
great botox injections
My Fillers were amazing.. I am so happy with my outcome

Are you Dr. McGriff?

Visit Dr. McGriff

Saturday
Dr. McGriff accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.