Dr. Michael McGinnis, MD
Dr. Michael McGinnis, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Houston, TX and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. McGinnis has extensive experience in Neurodevelopmental Disorders. He graduated from University of Texas Health Science Center / Dental School in 1986. His office accepts new patients.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. McGinnis
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. McGinnis treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. McGinnis treats other conditions, please contact the office at (713) 970-4555.
Compare with other specialists.
Dr. McGinnis is experienced in the area of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. McGinnis' experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. McGinnis' conditions and procedures:
- ADHD and-or ADD
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
- Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Dementia or Depression Screening
- Developmental and Learning Disorders
- Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
- Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
- Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psychological Evaluation
- Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
- Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
- Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. McGinnis accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.