Dr. Michael Margolis, MD

Dr. Michael Margolis, MD

Oncology  ·

Dr. Michael Margolis, MD is an oncology specialist in Burlingame, CA and has been practicing for 27 years. He specializes in oncology, urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery, and more.

Michael Margolis, MD

Large Group PPO
PacifiCare
PacifiCare HMO
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Margolis' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy

I practice pelvic reconstructice surgery and urogynecology with emphasis in minimally invasive surgery for female urinary incontinence and prolapse. I concentrate on laparoscopic and robotic surgery as well as vaginal and abdominal. I repair complica...

• Oncology

4.2

Dr. Margolis?
Dr. Margolis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Margolis, MD
Defrauded by Dr. Michael T Margolis office: Before scheduling an appointment, I had asked if the doctor takes my insurance and I was assured that it is accepted. Upon coming to the office, I was confirmed again that this doctor is within my network and I was charged $70 co-pay. Later the office charged me an additional $450 because they do not accept my insurance plan. The people are crooks. Stay away from the that shady business.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
I had been seen by 7 surgeons in Arizona before being seen by Dr Margolis. The responses I received differed from "prolapse is expected/ normal after giving birth... TO.... we can use a mesh sling to hold up all your organs including your bladder, intestines and vaginal vault post hysterectomy." I couldn't help but break into tears after every consult. I didn't know that transvaginal mesh was so terrifying, but I knew that there had to be another option. There is! He's litterally an angel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
Dr. Margolis was excellent! He was kind, thorough and a complete professional. I went to see him because I had a botched hysterectomy 5 years ago. He just said this is your problem and I can fix it. He did. I am very thankful my pain,cramps,bloating and bladder issues went away. I recommend him 100% and am very thankful he was recommended to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
Totally ignored my cry for help! Never responded to my request to receive services because I didn't have the amount of money he charges for the surgery. I'm a rectovaginal fistula sufferer of 17 years. Never even tried to refer me to an organization that could help cover the costs of getting my fistula repaired. There are no charitable organizations in America that helps American women get their fistula repaired. Fistulas are not rare in America.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
In 2002 I had a doctor recommend using a "Sling" to fix my incontinence. Several years later I found myself not being able to urinate because the sling was strangling my uretha. My family practice doctor recommended Dr. Margolis as one of the best gynecological doctors in the country. She was right. After a very easy outpatient surgery I have the bladder I had before childbirth. Patients come from all over the country to see him. I would encourage all women to talk with Dr. Margolis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
I accompanied my wife for a pre-surgical consult with Dr. Margolis. It is said that first impressions mean a lot and in all honesty, Dr. Margolis' demeanor, confidence (non hubristic), and bedside manner were EXCELLENT. We were put at ease with his explanation of the condition, options, and the recovery. He took the time to answer ALL of our questions and really put us both at ease. My wife signed the surgical consent forms prior to leaving his office knowing she would be in great hands!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
I would not recomend this Dr. Because when I went to see him he just did a quick office exam and determined that there was nothing wrong with me and sent me home. When I travel from a different state to see him. After my hysterectomy I suffered for years with very serious issues and because of his good reviews on line I decided to go see him. But he did not have any interest in helping me. The review say he is compassionet. I don't think so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
Dr. Margolis was amazing. Every step of the way he guided with kindness and confidence. I knew I was in the best hands before I had pelvic and cool/rectal reconstruction surgery. He did an amazing surgery. I feel like everything is back to what it was before my difficult birth (vbac which ended in a vacuum extraction of baby). Excellent results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
Immediate impressions are important as well as comfort level especially when doctors explain procedures.with care and details. I was referred to Dr. Margolis from my internalist for longstanding concern and felt immediately at ease. Dr. Margolis took time to listen to my issue and offered both explanation and solution with such compassion. Following visit, staff prep for surgery and post-surgery follow up was also done with care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
I went for a consultation, first visit Dr. Margolis was referred to me by my Ob/gyn . Dr was very easy to understand and explained everything to me in detail
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
There is not enough space allowed here to explain our problem or the excellent help Dr Margolis gave us. My wife Minerva suffered a lot from a bad hysterectomy, but Dr. Margolis was able to save her right kidney. It took a major surgery and a couple of smaller ones, but after several months she is finally OK. We are very, very pleased with the help he gave my wife Minerva. We highly recommend him to anyone suffering from a similar problem. He made every possible effort to help her. Thanks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?
I have used Dr Margolis twice. He was very patient and explained the surgery that I need for a bladder lift. His staff was very helpful in the follow up care and called me at home to make sure my recover was going well. Two years later I needed a hysterectomy and didn't think twice about going back to Dr. Margolis and received the same wonderful care. .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Margolis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Margolis?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Margolis treats patients.

O'Connor Hospital