Dr. Michael Mantz, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Mantz

"Dr. Mantz is one of those rare psychiatrists that takes his time to listen to you and gives you a comprehensive treatment program that includes a nutritional and sleep guide after your first visit. He is thoughtful and kind and puts you at ease which is incredibly important when you are not feeling well. He has given me a lot tools to help me get better. If you are interested in getting to the root causes of your issues and finally get over them, then I would heartily recommend seeing him."

Read Review

"I would like to say that under Dr Mantz’s care I dramatically worsened. Don’t use this Dr. Not worth it. Not enough experience and confidence to get the job done."

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mantz

4.3

Dr. Mantz?
Dr. Mantz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Mantz, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
I spent over 15 years with depression and later discovered that I was bipolar. Dr. Mantz was truly the only psychiatrist (I have seen over 8) who has succeeded in helping me combat my depression holistically through nutrition, meditation, and some medication. Dr. Mantz is a compassionate and very non-judgmental professional. He combines nutrition, supplements, meditation and, when necessary, medication to successfully treat patients. Thank goodness I found Dr. Mantz!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
I have worked with Dr. Mantz as a colleague treating individuals with addiction and co-occurring mental health issues. Dr. Mantz exhibits an open-minded approach; Dr. Mantz treats the individual rather than treating the disorder. Dr. Mantz, from my experience, strikes a healthy balance between Western Medicine and Naturalistic treatment weighing the cost and benefit and employing the best treatment for the individual and his or her situation. I recommend Dr Mantz without equivocation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
As a Marriage and Family Therapist, I have referred several clients to Dr. Mantz, especially when there are concerns about using psychotropic medications. I prefer Dr. Mantz because of his informed, holistic approach--knowing when an alternative can be used, and when a more conventional approach is warranted. He is very collaborative, communicative, and eager to educate clients and therapists, so that everyone can make informed decisions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
Dr. Mantz is a Pioneer of Integrative Psychiatry. Not only does he practice the most up to date evidence based medicine but also incorporates a holistic approach. His diet and meditations offer great healing methods. Excellent listener. I would recommend Dr. Mantz to any of my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
I can't recommend Dr. Mantz highly enough! He's a gifted doctor - extremely intelligent, patient, non-judgemental, and takes the time to explain things clearly. He came highly recommended by a trusted friend, and I am so glad I started seeing him. It's been a game-changer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
Dr. Mantz is an incredibly patient, kind, knowledgable, and compassionate doctor. His integrative approach to medicine has had an extremely positive effect on my health and well being. I would happily recommend him to my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
Having been a provider and a consumer with a lifetime of experience with many different therapeutic modalities, my experience with Dr. Mantz and integrative psychiatry has been quite remarkable. Dr. Mantz is a psychiatrist that is able to connect with others, to work with the individual in whatever way the individual is available, and to have deep interest and concern in the well being of his patients. He is extremely skilled, and I highly recommend him to others seeking help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
Dr. Mantz is knowledgeable but incredibly judgemental and condescending. He's they type of Doctor that seems to feel he deserves your trust instead of that he has to earn it. I was terribly disappointed as he came highly recommended, but after my experience with him I stopped seeking treatment all together.
I am concerned that you felt so negatively about...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
Dr. Mantz is one of the most knowledgeable psychiatrists I've ever met. His holistic approach is refreshing within the psychiatry field and really makes clients feel warm, welcomed, and heard. His passion for health and wellbeing is apparent in his dedication to his clients. I recommend him to anyone looking for a psychiatrist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
I am an MFT in town. I have sent a number of my clients to Dr. Mantz, and not only has he done amazing work with them, he and I work together--he is available and we create a team to support our clients. Thank you Dr. Mantz
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
I've been Dr. Mantz's patient for several years; he has helped me immensely with my depression and anxiety. He is all the things you want your therapist to be: attentive, wise, thorough, understanding, and caring. He utilizes everything in his toolbox including his thorough knowledge of natural supplements, the latest psychological research, and different mindfulness/meditation practices to help his patients not only treat their disorder but come out even stronger. He's your doctor and coach.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?
Dr. Mantz combines the expertise of a psychiatrist and medical doctor with a comprehensive knowledge of integrative medicine, utilizing natural medicine, supplements, exercise, meditation, and adjusting of daily rhythms. Dr. Mantz is warm and empathetic and very responsive to questions that come up in between appointments. He keeps the treatment protocol simple, and, while he is versed in and experienced in psychopharmacology, you can trust Dr. Mantz not medicate unless they are necessary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Mantz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mantz?

Dr. Michael Mantz, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Santa Barbara, CA and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus in 2009 and specializes in psychiatry and integrative psychiatry.

• Psychiatry

2009
2004
1998

Dr. Mantz accepts

Dr. Mantz accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Mantz's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mantz's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Disordered Eating
  • Overweight
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)