Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Michael Lupa, MD
Dr. Lupa is a highly trained, board certified otolaryngologist with additional training in sinus surgery and allergy treatment as well as advanced skull base surgery. He studied Biology at Tufts University and went on to complete medical school at Case Western University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. He then completed a residency in otolaryngology at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. After residency, Dr. Lupa underwent an additional year of training in sinus and skull base surgery at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia with national leaders in the field. A native of New York, Dr. Lupa is pleased to be back on the east coast after three years as head of Rhinology and Skull base Surgery at Kaiser Permanente serving most of Northern California. He has published numerous book chapters and articles in peer reviewed journals. Dr. Lupa treats a full range of ear nose and throat disorders. His special interests include allergy, medical and surgical treatment of diseases of the sinuses, thyroid and parathyroid disease, sleep apnea as well as pediatric otolaryngology.

Becker ENT Center

• Mutual of Omaha
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Lupa

Dr. Lupa's Experience

Dr. Lupa's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)

• Otolaryngology

• Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Asthma
  • Broken Nose
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Bronchitis-Like Cough
  • Cough Headache
  • Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • ENT Cancer
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Jaw Fracture
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Tufts University
  • Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Emory University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Lupa has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lupa does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lupa and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lupa's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lupa to family and friends
Dr. Lupa's Performance
Mantua, NJ |
The front staff was excellent but I had to wait over an hour to see the doctor. No one gave me an update or reason why until I asked. Then Dr. Lupa was very condescending when I asked questions. He spoke down to me and did not make a comfortable environment for inquiring. I would not come back to this doctor again.
My visit to Becker ENT was outstanding. Dr. Michael Lupa was professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. He explained every step of my procedure in a clear and concise manner and made it a point to be sure I felt comfortable. I will absolutely recommend him to friends/family.
Somerville, NJ |
A great experience with Dr. Lupa. Took my 3 year old son there and he was incredibly patient with him. Answered all my questions and I never felt rushed. Office staff are friendly, polite and accommodating. Would definitely recommend Dr.Lupa.
in Roseburg, OR |
Dr. Lupa treated me when he worked for Kaiser in Roseville, CA. He took excellent care of me and helped to clear up a sinus infection that I had suffered from for years. Dr. Lupa, I really miss you and hope you and your family are happy to be back with your extended family again.
in Hillsborough, NJ |
Thank you Dr. Lupa. After 8 months of headaches he was able to help my 14 year old. He's really good! He's also very funny. Likes puns!!
in Rocklin, CA |
Dr Lupa was the surgeon for my 13 yr old son. He had been experiencing 'sinus' issues for some time. I kept thinking it was just allergies. Dr. Lupa's visual investigation lead to further inspection for a possible tumor. Upon review of a MRI and Cat-scan, a tumor was ruled out and a surgery to remove substantial polyps from both sides of his sinus and correct his septum were complete. During this trying time, Dr Lupa was professional & personally followed up on his care.
in Sacramento, CA |
I have had horrible sinus problems for years. I was referred to Dr. Lupa as my regular ENT Doctor could not help me any further. When I first saw Dr. Lupa I was so scared. I had been through many sinus surgeries and it still did not help. Dr. Lupa made me feel comfortable and explained my sinuses in detail to me.. He did 2 surgeries, the 2nd surgery he made 1 big sinus so I would not get as many infections. It was well worth it. I would recommend Dr. Lupa to anyone who has major sinus issues.
in Rocklin, CA |
Dr Lupa removed an inverted papilloma filling my sinus above my left eye, I had been told I might need a window opened in the forehead bone to get to the anchor point of the papilloma, which would require a forehead peel to avoid a large scar. Dr Lupa's , superior skill, advanced training and patience allowed him to fully remove the papilloma endoscopically avoiding any invasive procedures. Now two years post surgery I am thankful for his great concern for the best outcome for his patients.
in Elk Grove, CA |
My husband was referred to Dr. Lupa after sinus cancer surgery when he continued to have sinus infections and sloughing of tissue in his nasal passages. Dr. Lupa solved the problems with endoscopic procedures and constant monitoring of his condition until he now has no more infections. Dr. Lupa is always available by phone or e-mail to answer questions and to prescribe treatment quickly. We highly recommend him and wish him well in his new location. We will miss him.
in Roseville, CA |
Dr. Lupa is very friendly and he listen to my questions and concerns. He had to preform a difficult nasal surgery and he did a great job. I felt like our visits were always great and he was very helpful to me feeling comfortable. He was also great with my wife when she fainted during my follow up appointment. He and his staff were great at taking care of both of us. If I needed another surgery i would want him to preform it.
in Sacramento, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Lupa for almost three years now and I have to say that he has been the utmost professional in all my dealings with him. He thoroughly explains information and always responds timely to any questions. His bedside manner is outstanding and makes you feel like more than just a number. It is my belief that he truly cares about his patients and he will be missed now that he is relocating from our area. I have no doubt he will be successful in any future endeavor.
in Roseville, CA |
I have been Dr. Lupa's patient for several years now for my chronic sinusitis and polyps. He has performed 2 sinus surgeries on me, with outstanding results. After seeing other ENTs, he's the one doctor I have 110% confidence in. He is always very quick to respond to any email questions and spends a lot of time making sure I'm receiving the best care possible; he really goes above and beyond. I'm so sad that he's moving away and whoever takes his place will have very big shoes to fill.
in Citrus Heights, CA |
I have been very happy with Dr. Lupa's care. I have had chronic sinus infections for years and two sinus surgeries in the past. I started seeing Dr. Lupa just a few months ago. He did surgery on my upper and lower sinuses and I had a painless recovery. I was so happy that he did not need to pack the sinuses after the surgery. I had no swelling or bruising. I had immediate relief from the sinus pain and congestion. I just wish I had not waited so long to make that first appointment.
I Highly recommend Dr. Lupa for any sinus related issues. I've had two sinus surgeries done with the second one performed by Dr. Lupa. After the first surgery, my sinuses were infected and I was reverting back to my old self. It wasn't until Dr. Lupa that my sinuses got better. He is very competent and knowledgeable in the subject. He is also very responsive to emails. Will not stop until you get better!
in Pilot Hill, CA |
I presented with a nose that had been fractured numerous times and had mostly occluded on one side such that minimal air flowed and had developed a fungal growth in one sinus and a pre-cancerous growth in another as well as an antibiotic resistent staph infection. Dr. Lupa managed the infection first and surgically redesigned the sinus openings and removed significant bone in a 4 1/2 hr surgery. I was a consulting DDS with MDs in trauma involving teeth and jaws many times and he is the best.
in Roseville, CA |
I have been Dr. Lupa's patient for many years now. He has done sinus surgery on my chronic sinusitis and sinus polyps. Since the surgery he has kept a close eye on my condition with regular checkups. If I am having any sinus issues and email him he is quick to respond with a resolution. (I.e.:RX if needed) He listens and doesn't rush you during your appointments. I am truly going to miss him very much on his relocation!!!! I only hope his replacement is as good physician as he is.
in LODI |
My husband battled Old Factory Neroblastoma. Dr. Lupa was amazing! We drove over a hour just to see him each and every time. Not only being extremely knowledgeable he is very compassionate and it shows in his bedside manner and work. Our experience and journey with him over the last year were very comforting. And I don't think we could have done it without him!!! 5 stars is not enough this man deserves 20!
in Sacramento, CA |
I have had Sinus Disease for years. I have had many different ENTs and none where capable of getting to the source of the problem and attacking it. The very first visit and he was able to confirm what I had know for years. I need another surgery and I am so thankful to be able to meet such a wonderful caring person. Highly recommend this doctor.
in Rescue, CA |
Dr. Lupa preformed sinus surgery on me and it was a total success. He fixed my frontal lobes and my headaches have gone away. I only wish he were staying in California. The east coast is getting a great doctor. My sinuses will miss him.
in Sacramento, CA |
With a long history of sinus problems incl. 3 major surgeries, I often have infections. When I was referred to him I found him to be extremely conscientious and helpful. In addition to prescribing appropriate meds, he thoroughly reviewed my unusual case & established regular MRI monitoring to see that nothing would get out of hand. He also thoroughly explained the latest technological improvements for in case I develop later problems. I have complete confidence in him and recommend him highly.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Lupa, MD?
Are you Dr. Lupa?