Dr. Michael Lewis, MD

Dr. Michael Lewis, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Michael Lewis, MD is a family medicine specialist in Woodland Hills, CA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine in 2005 and specializes in family medicine.Read his story

20315 Ventura Blvd Ste A

Woodland Hills, CA 91364

Learn about Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis' Experience

Dr. Lewis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Lewis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lewis "Dr. Michael Lewis (Dr. Mike) is an enthusiastic, empathetic, compassionate physician who takes his patients concerns very seriously. He believes in connecting the mind/body/emotional/physical and spiritual worlds together to help his patients live their best life. In August 2015, Dr. Mike and his Wife Jenniffer Lewis, Ph.D. opened Willow Healing Center, as an answer to the healthcare delivery problem. They have been married 9 years. Dr. Jenn is not only his business partner, but works along side of him as the clinic's in-house Psychologist. Dr. Mike also has a beautiful 6 year old daughter, Bailey. He happily serves his patients the highest level of care. The evolution to Concierge Medicine: I first met my wife, Jenn, in 2005 while we were applying for residency/internship following our medical school/psychology programs. I was matched to a position at the Cleveland clinic, and Jenn to an internship in New York. We maintained and nurtured our courtship for a year, with Jenn (most often, due to my 100 hour work weeks) making the 6 hour trek out to spend weekends together. During this time, we began to see an emerging theme in the healthcare paradigm. Patient care was thwarted by the demands of a saturated system and insurance companies. Even through our exhausting and demanding schedules, idealism pushed us forward into the path of creating ourown system. I was often looked upon as the "maverick- hippy" in stark contrast to the streamlined and linear approach dictated by mainstream medical culture. My desire for more personalized and holistic care came into conflict with the high volume of patients and institutional restrictions that negatively influenced the quality of my work. We used to say: "We should really open a practice together!" in 2006, Jenn and I married, moved back home to the San Fernando Valley (where we grew up) and started professional jobs out of training. 4 1/2 years into my last position, the burnout of caring for 3,000 patients (seeing 20 per day) and institutional limitations pushed me to look seriously at the possibility of a new career. In 2013, the idea of going out on my own was inspired by a patient who jokingly said, "When are you opening your concierge practice?" Until then, I had resigned myself to the way things were, not realizing that I could create a new path towards a more fulfilling experience for myself and my patients. I immediately phoned Jenn telling her that I knew what I wanted to do with the next chapter of my career. After watching my steady decline into frustration and disenchantment over the years, she was thrilled with the idea, and has stood by me as we moved towards bringing this dream of ours to fruition. Jenn will be seeing her own clients as part of Willow Healing Center – Our dream is here. Our goal remains steadfast: to build strong and meaningful relationships with our patients while providing them with integrated and personalized health and mental-health care."

This content was provided by Dr. Lewis "Holistic, not necessarily the "new age" idea of holistic, but WHOLE-istic.  see below.

We (humans) are complex.  We are physical, spiritual, emotional and psychological beings.  I believe that treating just the physical being is only part of the process...it would be like fixing a car and forgetting about the gas.

Dr. Mike"

• Pelvic Exams
  • Physical Examination
  • Prostate Cancer Screening
  • Stitches
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Urinalysis
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for California.

• University of California At Los Angeles
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • Fairview Hospital-Cleveland Clinic Healthcare System
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Fairview Hospital-Cleveland Clinic Healthcare System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Lewis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lewis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lewis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis?
Dr. Lewis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Lewis, MD
Okay, there are Doctors and then there is Dr. Lewis. He's a true gem of a human-being. He listens, he cares, he's compassionate and he will always make time to see you, no matter what! He's also extremely knowledgeable and makes things happen! I wish I could give him 50 stars rather than 5....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Lewis, MD?
Dr. Lewis has been great! I've been seeing him for several years now and he's incredibly knowledgeable, very kind, and can explain medicine in very easy to understand terms. He opened his own concierge medicine practice and the facilities are great! Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Lewis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lewis?