Dr. Michael Lewis, MD

Dr. Michael Lewis, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Willow Healing Center 20315 Ventura Blvd Ste A Woodland Hills, CA 91364 Get Directions

Holistic, not necessarily the "new age" idea of holistic, but WHOLE-istic.  see below.

We (humans) are complex.  We are physical, spiritual, emotional and psychological beings.  I believe that treating just the physical being is only part of the process...it would be like fixing a car and forgetting about the gas.

Dr. Mike

Dr. Michael Lewis (Dr. Mike) is an enthusiastic, empathetic, compassionate physician who takes his patients concerns very seriously. He believes in connecting the mind/body/emotional/physical and spiritual worlds together to help his patients live their best life. In August 2015, Dr. Mike and his Wife Jenniffer Lewis, Ph.D. opened Willow Healing Center, as an answer to the healthcare delivery problem. They have been married 9 years. Dr. Jenn is not only his business partner, but works along side of him as the clinic's in-house Psychologist. Dr. Mike also has a beautiful 6 year old daughter, Bailey. He happily serves his patients the highest level of care. The evolution to Concierge Medicine: I first met my wife, Jenn, in 2005 while we were applying for residency/internship following our medical school/psychology programs. I was matched to a position at the Cleveland clinic, and Jenn to an internship in New York. We maintained and nurtured our courtship for a year, with Jenn (most often, due to my 100 hour work weeks) making the 6 hour trek out to spend weekends together. During this time, we began to see an emerging theme in the healthcare paradigm. Patient care was thwarted by the demands of a saturated system and insurance companies. Even through our exhausting and demanding schedules, idealism pushed us forward into the path of creating ourown system. I was often looked upon as the "maverick- hippy" in stark contrast to the streamlined and linear approach dictated by mainstream medical culture. My desire for more personalized and holistic care came into conflict with the high volume of patients and institutional restrictions that negatively influenced the quality of my work. We used to say: "We should really open a practice together!" in 2006, Jenn and I married, moved back home to the San Fernando Valley (where we grew up) and started professional jobs out of training. 4 1/2 years into my last position, the burnout of caring for 3,000 patients (seeing 20 per day) and institutional limitations pushed me to look seriously at the possibility of a new career. In 2013, the idea of going out on my own was inspired by a patient who jokingly said, "When are you opening your concierge practice?" Until then, I had resigned myself to the way things were, not realizing that I could create a new path towards a more fulfilling experience for myself and my patients. I immediately phoned Jenn telling her that I knew what I wanted to do with the next chapter of my career. After watching my steady decline into frustration and disenchantment over the years, she was thrilled with the idea, and has stood by me as we moved towards bringing this dream of ours to fruition. Jenn will be seeing her own clients as part of Willow Healing Center – Our dream is here. Our goal remains steadfast: to build strong and meaningful relationships with our patients while providing them with integrated and personalized health and mental-health care.

Dr. Lewis' Experience

See how Dr. Lewis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lewis to family and friends
    Dr. Lewis Says:

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write an honest review of your experiences.  You and your time are values and appreciated.  Thank you sincerely.  Dr. Mike

Dr. Lewis' Performance
    in Valley Village, CA |
    Okay, there are Doctors and then there is Dr. Lewis. He's a true gem of a human-being. He listens, he cares, he's compassionate and he will always make time to see you, no matter what! He's also extremely knowledgeable and makes things happen! I wish I could give him 50 stars rather than 5. There is only 1 Dr. Lewis. Go see him and you'll never want to see anyone else. He charges a nominal fee of $100/month for unlimited office visits and consultations. worth every penny & then some.
    in West Hills |
    Dr. Lewis has been great! I've been seeing him for several years now and he's incredibly knowledgeable, very kind, and can explain medicine in very easy to understand terms. He opened his own concierge medicine practice and the facilities are great! Highly recommended.
    Have you seen Dr. Michael Lewis, MD?
    Are you Dr. Lewis?

Dr. Lewis says...

Dr. Michael Lewis (Dr. Mike) is an enthusiastic, empathetic, compassionate physician who takes his patients concerns very seriously.  He believes in connecting the mind/body/emotional/physical and spiritual worlds together to help his patients live their best life.  In August 2015, Dr. Mike and his Wife Jenniffer Lewis, Ph.D. opened Willow Healing Center, as an answer to the healthcare delivery problem.  They have been married 9 years.  Dr. Jenn is not only his business partner, but works along side of him as the clinic's in-house Psychologist.  Dr. Mike also has a beautiful 6 year old daughter, Bailey.   He happily serves his patients the highest level of care.

The evolution to Concierge Medicine:

I first met my wife, Jenn, in 2005 while we were applying for residency/internship following our medical school/psychology programs.   I was matched to a position at the Cleveland clinic, and Jenn to an internship in New York.   We maintained and nurtured our courtship for a year, with Jenn (most often, due to my 100 hour work weeks) making the 6 hour trek out to spend weekends together.  During this time, we began to see an emerging theme in the healthcare paradigm.  Patient care was thwarted by the demands of a saturated system and insurance companies.   Even through our exhausting and demanding schedules, idealism pushed us forward into the path of creating ourown system.  I was often looked upon as the "maverick- hippy" in stark contrast to the streamlined and linear approach dictated by mainstream medical culture.  My desire for more personalized and holistic care came into conflict with the high volume of patients and institutional restrictions that negatively influenced the quality of my work.  We used to say:  "We should really open a practice together!"  in 2006, Jenn and I married, moved back home to the San Fernando Valley (where we grew up) and started professional jobs out of training.  4 1/2 years into my last position, the burnout of caring for 3,000 patients (seeing 20 per day) and institutional limitations pushed me to look seriously at the possibility of a new career.  In 2013, the idea of going out on my own was inspired by a patient who jokingly said, "When are you opening your concierge practice?"  Until then, I had resigned myself to the way things were, not realizing that I could create a new path towards a more fulfilling experience for myself and my patients.  I immediately phoned Jenn telling her that I knew what I wanted to do with the next chapter of my career. After watching my steady decline into frustration and disenchantment over the years, she was thrilled with the idea, and has stood by me as we moved towards bringing this dream of ours to fruition.  Jenn will be seeing her own clients as part of Willow Healing Center – Our dream is here.

Dr. Lewis' Care Philosophy

Dr. Mike

Dr. Lewis says...

Primary care, preventive medicine, mental health, mens' health

Body contouring using the FDA approved laser-lipo - the painless, effective, fast and no recovery time alternative to traditional liposuction

Dr. Lewis says...

Dr. Lewis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Lewis has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lewis' Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
    • Asthma
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Depression
    • Heart Disease
    • High Cholesterol
    • Injuries
    • Menopause
    • Pneumonia
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

American University Of The Caribbean School Of Medicine

• Other Education
      American University Of The Caribbean / School Of Medicine

Completed in 2003

Masters Of Biomedical Science

Dr. Lewis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
    • Pap Smear
    • Pelvic Exams
    • Physical Examination
    • Stitches
    • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
    • Urinalysis