Dr. Michael Levitt, MD

Dr. Michael Levitt, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Michael Levitt, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

4900 N Habana Ave

Tampa, FL 33614

• American Enterprise Group
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Levitt

See how frequently Dr. Levitt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Blepharitis
Glaucoma

Dr. Levitt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Levitt "Dr. Levitt is a board certified Ophthalmologist who prides himself in providing the most advanced eye care with a very personal touch. Dr. Levitt utilizes the most advanced techniques in cataract surgery and is a fellowship trained Glaucoma Specialist. He also does routine eye exams and fits patients for glasses. Your every eye care need will be addresed in a state of the art Tampa office has the most up to date equipment housed in a comfortable and warm setting."

• Ophthalmology

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Boston Med Ctr Boston University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Washington Univ Sch Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Levitt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Levitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Levitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Levitt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Levitt to family and friends
Dr. Levitt's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Levitt is an excellent eye surgeon and physician. He is very knowledgeable and explains all procedures and instructions for taking medications and using eye drops. He teats the "Whole Patient" not just the eyes. I found him very kind and considerate. His staff follow his good example. I'm moving out of state and wish I could take him with me Sister Roberta Brunner.
Tampa, FL |
A glaucoma specialist? Are you sure? I wasted around a year seeing him while he diagnosed me and knew I was losing vision. I was diagnosed by him but yet he didn't treat me. Please be careful with your vision. Keep fighting to find a good doctor. I found one and am getting help. DUE TO THIS DOCTOR I HAVE LOST VISION PERMANENTLY.
in Tampa, FL |
After successful cataract surgery I'm a happy camper! The vivid colors and objects I'm seeing now are almost overwhelming! I was really apprehensive about the surgery given all my eye problems but when Dr. Levitt said he could "make it better" I knew I had to do it. The office staff has been most helpful and friendly. I will certainly recommend Dr. Levitt and staff to my friends.
in Tampa, FL |
Did my cataracts 2 weeks apart and i now see better than 20:20 in both eyes. I am 71 yrs young... what did I wait do long for? I tried to purchase the $5000 multi focus lens but Dr Levitt suggested i go with standard lenses ($99 per eye)... He is a great doctor snd takes care of the wife who has more serious eye issues after 57 yrs of diabetes. She too is improving!
I really enjoyed my visit with this doctor. He didn't rush and really took his time examining my eyes. I actually can't wait to go backk
in Tampa, FL |
I have been seeing Dr Levitt for the past 10 years. I like his new office on Hanana. Appointments are usually on time, staff is knowledgeable and friendly
in Tampa Florida |
Dr Levit and staff are like my second family. They are so caring and atentive with their patents. I have friends that go to Dr Levit and they say the same about him and the staff. It is a pleasure when I go to my doctor appointments. THANK YOU so much and keep up the fantastic service Marty
in Odessa, FL |
I recently had cataract surgery done by Dr. Levitt. He explained the procedure and follow up care thoroughly. His office staff was very efficient and kind...especially Gabriella. My surgery was a great success and I would highly recommend his services to all.
in Apollo Beach, FL |
I am proud to have been a patient of Dr. Levitt since 2008. I feel very comfortable being under his care. I am nearly 70 years old and in October 2016, he performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. I received the Toric lens and now see better than 20/20. He is easy to communicate with and has totally earned my trust. I am proud to offer him my highest recommendation.
Tampa FL |
Dr Levitt has been our family Opthamologist for several years and I cannot say enough good things about the care he provides. I would highly recommend him.
in Tampa, FL |
I've had cataract removal and laser surgery. Dr. Levitt is competent and very nice. I feel confident in his ability. He always takes the time to ask if I have any concerns or any additional questions. I never feel rushed. He has a positive approach. His office is well run. His assistants are experienced and nice. The front office staff is professional and helpful. The whole office is immaculate. I highly recommend Dr. Levitt for your ophthalmological needs.
in Tampa, FL |
Was excited to see Dr. Levitt based on the reviews. Waited 6 weeks to get in. Was very rushed and spoke over me. Gave me generic advice and told me I had no vision issues and I needed to blink more. I knew that wasn't right. Saw a family Dr. after that in Orlando who detected a mild vision problem and caught a bacterial infection that was causing my persistent and chronic stye problem. Now on antibiotics and am so much better. Glad i saw someone else after Dr. Levitt. Fair service. Not great.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Levitt and his staff are wonderful! Dr. Levitt was friendly and professional. The surgery he performed has changed my outlook on life. I had no idea I was seeing so poorly. I am now able to see as well as when I was younger. I am able to read again and that makes me happy. Thank you so much for taking such good care of me!
in Tampa, FL |
Most recently i developed an anguler closer glaucoma in my right eye,my eye pressures spiked over 50 psi and my eye pain was just about unbereable,i was minute's away from total blindness in that eye. After notifying Dr. LEVITT of my problem,(on his day off)the good doctor told me to meet him at his office. Dr.LEVITT worked on my problem for over 2-1/2 hrs.,and threw his exp. and pro. help i still have my sight today.I owe Dr.LEVITT my sincere thanks and my sight. Earl M. Cesario
in Tampa, FL |
The whole procedure was done in a friendly and professional manner. I had my eyes done within a few days of a family member using a different Doctor , I had none of the discomfort and problems he experienced. His staff is outstanding He had been recommend by my doctor, Dr Walsby, and I know why. Judith
in Tampa, FL |
Dr.Levitt is Awesome! His staff is very kind, friendly and efficient! I couldn't be happier with my treatment in his office and with my cataract surgery! They are a great team and I have recommended them to several friends!
Largo, FL |
Couldn't be happier with the experience!!!!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Levitt did cataract surgery on me in February, 2015. I am completely satisfied with the whole experience, start to finish. The office staff was friendly and helpful, Dr. Levitt is personable and very competent, and the outpatient surgical facility he uses also had friendly, caring employees. I was amazed that I could feel so sure I was getting the very best surgery and care. That was entirely due to the competence and behavior of the people involved.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Levitt was highly recommended by my ophthalmologist Dr Guggino. I had been suffering with cataract issues in both eyes for the past 5-7 years. Somewhat unusual for a 52 year old male. The end of the year was fast approaching and he and his staff were able to work me in just in time before year end. The results are nothing short of a miracle. From start to finish in less than 30 days I had both eyes done and I am please to report that I now have 20-15 vision. No more glasses THANK YOU !
in Land O Lakes, FL |
I am so grateful for having Dr.Levitt recommended to me for my loss of vision due to cataracts. I'm fairly new to this area and wish I had found him sooner. He is extremely knowledgeable and professional and as important extremely nice and easy to talk too. Having retired from the Healthcare field I can attest to Dr. Levitts' excellent bedside manner. He is a very caring professional. His staff is great also, friendly and very efficient. Most thorough eye exam I've ever had.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Levitt, MD?
Are you Dr. Levitt?

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
    Group Plan PPO
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio