Dr. Michael Lee, DDS

Dr. Michael Lee, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

Dr. Lee and his staff are known for their excellent pre-operative care for every surgery, from basic extractions to the most complex dental reconstruction. He has been awarded Cincinnati Magazine's Top Dentists™ for nine consecutive years. His introduction of ice therapy with the Cool Comfort Wrap™ has earned him national recognition for excellence in patient care and comfort.

Dr. Lee offers 3-D facial imaging, proving the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plans available. He was the first surgeon in the region to offer this technology.

The staff are experts at navigating insurance policies and claims.

The CCCJS is recognized as a leader for its dentist/orthodontist/oral surgeon team approach to patient care. A dedicated Orthognathic Surgery Coordinator is assigned to manage jaw surgery and dental implant cases to coordinate care with each patient's orthodontist and dentist.

I am a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and the Clinical Director of the Cincinnati Center for Corrective Jaw Surgery. Recognized by the American Dental Association as a specialized surgeon who treats the entire cranio-maxillofacial complex; whether for diseases, injuries or defects to the head, neck, face, jaw, or the hard and soft tissues of the mouth, I am trained in a variety of areas – including dentistry, surgery and anesthesia. A Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, I've practiced in Cincinnati since finishing my residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center in 1981. Prior to this, I received my Pharmacy and Pharmaceuticals Science degree from Purdue University and my Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Indiana University School of Dentistry. I am regionally recognized as a leading Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in jaw reconstruction for bite deformities and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I serve the Ohio Dental Association on the Council on Dental Care Programs and Dental Practice and I'm a member of the Ohio Dental Association Dental Insurance Working Group. Locally, I serve on the Cincinnati Dental Society Peer Review Board and as Editor in Chief of the Cincinnati Dental Society Bulletin. I lecture regionally and nationally as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon on jaw reconstruction and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I'm a member and presenter at the annual Arnett Orthognathic Surgery Forum in Santa Barbara, California. This yearly forum is attended by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Sleep Medicine Physicians and Orthodontists from the United States, South America, and Asia.

Dr. Lee's Experience

See how Dr. Lee's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lee has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
Dr. Lee's Performance
in Georgetown, OH |
Dr. and his staff are amazing. He did a wonderful job on the procedure and follow-up. His office staff is top notch and they made a difficult experience very successful. I cannot recommend him and his staff enough. They are the best!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Michael Lee is a kind and professional dentist. Very patient with me and my fear of dentists. I was in great pain due to an infection and root tip that had to be removed. I was given the Polar Cooling wrap to take home. This really decreased my pain and swelling. I only had to use the pain meds prescribed minimally. Thankyou Dr. Lee and your staff.
Cincinnati, OH |
Had the routine Wisdom Teeth Surgery done by Dr Lee. The surgery went well and the follow up procedures was straight forward. I would recommend this doctor if you are in the area.
in Mason, OH |
Dr.Lee was amazing! He was super nice and did a great job extracting my wisdom teeth, within days I was feeling great
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr.Lee is an amazing oral surgeon. He explained to me my procedure and was extremely professional and understanding during the consultation. His staff were very friendly and welcoming. Dr.Lee and his staff were able to answer any questions that I had during and after my appointments. I was never kept waiting and I didn't encounter any problems. I had an excellent experience with Dr.Lee and I highly recommend him to anyone!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very well spoken and I felt very comfortable in his office!
in Cincinnati, OH |
My visits have always been very streamlined and efficient. He and his staff are professional and friendly, and he did a great job answering all the questions I asked him about my condition.
in Loveland, OH |
My son had his four wisdom teeth extracted with two of them impacted. Dr.Lee was professional, specific in detail and sensitive to our concerns. He was recommended to us as the best and he met those expectations. His staff is also courteous, professional and exceedingly friendly. In a situation of concern, Dr.Lee and his staff alleviated all worries.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr Lee has both a very personable and professional manner He had no idea that neither I nor my children were not nervous.He gave a thorough and patient pre and post op explanation for wisdom teeth extraction. Everything was explained completely. My children felt he was marvelous.Felt reassured. He addressed their concerns directly, which gains the patients trust and confidence Absolutely no complaints. Highly recommend him.
in Georgetown, OH |
Very easy recovery from wisdom tooth extraction X4 - even at 41 years old! The Cool Comfort Wrap kept pain and swelling minimal. I didn't even take pain medication! That device is amazing !! I would NEVER have a dental surgery without one !!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I highly recommend Dr. Lee after a very pleasant wisdom teeth extraction surgery. Very minimal pain, and was almost back to normal after only a few days. I was sent home with a very helpful and high quality ice machine as well as detailed instructions on how to have the best experience possible! Highly recommend!
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
He was a wonderful surgeon and was extremely willing to make sure the extraction of my wisdom teeth was as comfortable for me as it could be. The comfort cool wrap worked wonders and was extremely helpful when it came to recovering and healing. I was better in no time and wearing that wrap made pain so much more bearable.
in Cincinnati, OH |
The technique was hassle and pain free. Recovery was fast and painless with the Polar Care unit. Compared to what I've heard from my friends, I probably had the best experience with recovery. For someone with extreme anxiety when it comes to dental work, this was the easiest procedure I've ever had done. Dr. Lee and his staff were very friendly and made this experience a very pleasant one. They kept me calm through the entire process.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I had my Wisdom Teeth removed and had a great experience. I did experience some pain a few days after surgery, but had no problem getting in to the office right away to get a medicine pack placed, which instantly took care of my discomfort. Dr. Lee is very friendly and made sure I was taken care of. My recovery was quick! I highly recommend Dr. Lee.
in Batavia, OH |
My experience of having my wisdom teeth removed was great. Dr Lee and staff were courteous to me. I felt comfortable with the procedure. My recovery time was quick.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Lee, DDS?
Are you Dr. Lee?

Compare Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee's Care Philosophy

The staff are experts at navigating insurance policies and claims.

Dr. Lee says...

Dr. Michael Lee is a board-certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with over 30 years of experience in both Oral and Maxillofacial surgery and routine office-based oral surgery. His expertise includes Orthognathic jaw reconstruction, wisdom tooth extraction and other conditions including bite deformities, obstructive sleep apnea, nerve injuries of the jaw and mouth, and dental implants.

Dr. Lee says...

Oral Surgery, Orthognathic Surgery (Jaw Reconstruction), Dental Implants, Dental Surgery, Sleep Apnea Surgery, Surgically Facilitated Orthodontics, Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics.

Dr. Lee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Dentofacial Anomalies

Completed in 1981

Purdue University / Main Campus

Graduated in 1974

School Of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery