Oral Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Lee, DDS
I am a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and the Clinical Director of the Cincinnati Center for Corrective Jaw Surgery. Recognized by the American Dental Association as a specialized surgeon who treats the entire cranio-maxillofacial complex; whether for diseases, injuries or defects to the head, neck, face, jaw, or the hard and soft tissues of the mouth, I am trained in a variety of areas – including dentistry, surgery and anesthesia. A Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, I've practiced in Cincinnati since finishing my residency at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center in 1981. Prior to this, I received my Pharmacy and Pharmaceuticals Science degree from Purdue University and my Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Indiana University School of Dentistry. I am regionally recognized as a leading Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in jaw reconstruction for bite deformities and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I serve the Ohio Dental Association on the Council on Dental Care Programs and Dental Practice and I'm a member of the Ohio Dental Association Dental Insurance Working Group. Locally, I serve on the Cincinnati Dental Society Peer Review Board and as Editor in Chief of the Cincinnati Dental Society Bulletin. I lecture regionally and nationally as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon on jaw reconstruction and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. I'm a member and presenter at the annual Arnett Orthognathic Surgery Forum in Santa Barbara, California. This yearly forum is attended by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Sleep Medicine Physicians and Orthodontists from the United States, South America, and Asia.

7523 State Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45255

Dr. Michael Lee, DDS

• Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Lee

See how frequently Dr. Lee performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Facial Reconstruction
Dentofacial Anomalies

Dr. Lee's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Lee "Dr. Lee and his staff are known for their excellent pre-operative care for every surgery, from basic extractions to the most complex dental reconstruction. He has been awarded Cincinnati Magazine's Top Dentists™ for nine consecutive years. His introduction of ice therapy with the Cool Comfort Wrap™ has earned him national recognition for excellence in patient care and comfort.

Dr. Lee offers 3-D facial imaging, proving the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plans available. He was the first surgeon in the region to offer this technology.

The staff are experts at navigating insurance policies and claims.

The CCCJS is recognized as a leader for its dentist/orthodontist/oral surgeon team approach to patient care. A dedicated Orthognathic Surgery Coordinator is assigned to manage jaw surgery and dental implant cases to coordinate care with each patient's orthodontist and dentist."

• Oral Surgery

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Purdue University / Main Campus
  • University of Cincinnati Medical School, Dept of Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • University Of Cincinnati Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Lee has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
Dr. Lee's Performance
Cincinnati, OH |
My son had his wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Lee. Overall, it was a very good experience. Dr Lee and his staff are professional, helpful and caring. They place a big emphasis on patient comfort. The cool comfort face wrap he give to patients is very helpful for recovery. My son had minimal swelling and used very few pain pills. I would recommend.
in Belleville, MI |
I was extremely nervous about getting my wisdom teeth removed, but Dr. Lee and his kind staff were very helpful in alleviating my concerns by explaining everything about the process and answering all of my questions. The cool comfort wrap is what made all the difference in my recovery. I was able to wear my cool comfort wrap for nearly three days straight, and my inflammation was close to nonexistent after that. I would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone in the Cincinnati area for wisdom teeth removal.
in Loveland, OH |
HIGHLY RECOMMEND! My daughter had 4 wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Lee. During our consultation Dr. Lee patiently answered our many questions and his staff thoroughly reviewed payment and pre-op instructions. On the day of surgery Nurse Joy was caring, efficient and showed genuine concern for my daughters mental and physical well being. My daughter left the office wearing the AMAZING Cool Comfort Wrap and did not remove it for 3 days. Virtually no swelling and NO PAIN! Thank you Dr. Lee!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I recently had my wisdom teeth by Dr. Lee. His Cool Comfort Wrap cooler made recovery easy and fast. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lee to others! At my follow-up appointment, Dr. Lee and his nurse were very helpful in explaining the proper care for healing. The entire process was very easy and successful with Dr. Lee.
in Cincinnati, OH |
My daughter recently had her wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Lee. He and Nurse Ann were wonderful: very clear about what to expect at every step of the way and they couldn't be more friendly. The CoolComfort Wrap was remarkable. She had absolutely no swelling and very little pain after the procedure. Had we used a simple bag of frozen peas, I guarantee the results would not have been as great. My son will need the same procedure in 2 years and there is no doubt that we will be coming to Dr. Lee.
in Batavia, OH |
I went to see him to get my wisdom teeth and a cyst in my jaw removed. We had to schedule the appointment quickly because I was on spring break from college and had to go back soon. He was very empathetic and easy to talk to, and he explained things in a way that laypeople can understand. I wasn't nervous at all going into the surgery.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Lee performed my wisdom teeth extraction. Initially, I was very nervous about the procedure, but Dr. Lee and his staff were very pleasant, professional, and qualified; so, I knew I was in good hands. He was able to provide multiple solutions for pain management, and as a result I really didn't experience any discomfort post surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lee to anyone who needs oral surgery! Overall, I have zero complaints!
in Georgetown, OH |
Dr. and his staff are amazing. He did a wonderful job on the procedure and follow-up. His office staff is top notch and they made a difficult experience very successful. I cannot recommend him and his staff enough. They are the best!!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Michael Lee is a kind and professional dentist. Very patient with me and my fear of dentists. I was in great pain due to an infection and root tip that had to be removed. I was given the Polar Cooling wrap to take home. This really decreased my pain and swelling. I only had to use the pain meds prescribed minimally. Thankyou Dr. Lee and your staff.
Cincinnati, OH |
Had the routine Wisdom Teeth Surgery done by Dr Lee. The surgery went well and the follow up procedures was straight forward. I would recommend this doctor if you are in the area.
in Mason, OH |
Dr.Lee was amazing! He was super nice and did a great job extracting my wisdom teeth, within days I was feeling great
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr.Lee is an amazing oral surgeon. He explained to me my procedure and was extremely professional and understanding during the consultation. His staff were very friendly and welcoming. Dr.Lee and his staff were able to answer any questions that I had during and after my appointments. I was never kept waiting and I didn't encounter any problems. I had an excellent experience with Dr.Lee and I highly recommend him to anyone!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very well spoken and I felt very comfortable in his office!
in Cincinnati, OH |
My visits have always been very streamlined and efficient. He and his staff are professional and friendly, and he did a great job answering all the questions I asked him about my condition.
in Loveland, OH |
My son had his four wisdom teeth extracted with two of them impacted. Dr.Lee was professional, specific in detail and sensitive to our concerns. He was recommended to us as the best and he met those expectations. His staff is also courteous, professional and exceedingly friendly. In a situation of concern, Dr.Lee and his staff alleviated all worries.
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
Dr Lee has both a very personable and professional manner He had no idea that neither I nor my children were not nervous.He gave a thorough and patient pre and post op explanation for wisdom teeth extraction. Everything was explained completely. My children felt he was marvelous.Felt reassured. He addressed their concerns directly, which gains the patients trust and confidence Absolutely no complaints. Highly recommend him.
in Georgetown, OH |
Very easy recovery from wisdom tooth extraction X4 - even at 41 years old! The Cool Comfort Wrap kept pain and swelling minimal. I didn't even take pain medication! That device is amazing !! I would NEVER have a dental surgery without one !!
in Cincinnati, OH |
I highly recommend Dr. Lee after a very pleasant wisdom teeth extraction surgery. Very minimal pain, and was almost back to normal after only a few days. I was sent home with a very helpful and high quality ice machine as well as detailed instructions on how to have the best experience possible! Highly recommend!
in Cincinnati, Ohio |
He was a wonderful surgeon and was extremely willing to make sure the extraction of my wisdom teeth was as comfortable for me as it could be. The comfort cool wrap worked wonders and was extremely helpful when it came to recovering and healing. I was better in no time and wearing that wrap made pain so much more bearable.
in Cincinnati, OH |
The technique was hassle and pain free. Recovery was fast and painless with the Polar Care unit. Compared to what I've heard from my friends, I probably had the best experience with recovery. For someone with extreme anxiety when it comes to dental work, this was the easiest procedure I've ever had done. Dr. Lee and his staff were very friendly and made this experience a very pleasant one. They kept me calm through the entire process.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I had my Wisdom Teeth removed and had a great experience. I did experience some pain a few days after surgery, but had no problem getting in to the office right away to get a medicine pack placed, which instantly took care of my discomfort. Dr. Lee is very friendly and made sure I was taken care of. My recovery was quick! I highly recommend Dr. Lee.
in Batavia, OH |
My experience of having my wisdom teeth removed was great. Dr Lee and staff were courteous to me. I felt comfortable with the procedure. My recovery time was quick.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Lee, DDS?
Are you Dr. Lee?

Blue Preferred Select
    Federal Employee Program
    PAR Traditional
    Blue Care Connection PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA