Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 54

Dr. Labellarte

CPE Clinic

2328 W Joppa Rd Ste 10 Lutherville, MD 21093

Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Lutherville, MD and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Wayne State University School Of Medicine in 1991 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Labellarte's Reviews

48.275862068965516%

Dr. Labellarte?
Dr. Labellarte's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD
We found Dr. Labellarte after several failed attempts with other psychiatrists. Now, the whole family sees him! I would (and do!) refer him to anyone looking for a psychiatrist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
Dr. Labellarte is a brilliant diagnostician whose interactions with us and our son were productive, friendly, and ultimately life-changing. We cannot say enough good things about him. If you are looking for a doctor who is smooth talking and cuddly, he is not for you. If you want a doctor who is knowledgeable and perceptive and who "tells it like it is," you have found him in Dr. Labellarte. He is a remarkably talented doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
Would not recommend. Agree with all the negative reviews posted. My son always felt worse after seeing him. He is not very perceptive and has poor people skills. The time spent with him was a waste of time and money. He was not helpful in a crisis situation. I truly question whether he has any empathy or compassion for his patients. The person who originally suggested him to us, also left his practice for many of the same reasons.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
Doctor Labellarte is absolutely wonderful. He is very honest and his memory for your children's issues is outstanding. My twins have had issues with anxiety and ADHD since they were four. After going through three different doctors who gave my children the wrong diagnoses and wrong medications, I thought our lives would never improve. I stumbled across the CPE clinic and have found the doctor my kids needed. Now, my kids issues are being managed by a very knowledgeable doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
If you're into "mommy shaming" and paying money to have your child's needs ignored all while stroking an arrogant, self assured doctor's ego, then you're in luck! Drop a few hundred $ and leave with NO answers, all while being criticized the entire appointment. He was more concerned in proving his "knowledge" and talking about who he has "rubbed elbows with" than getting REAL information about what my son needed. What a waste of time and money. Run! ... far, far away!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
He does not accept any insurance and charges a fortune. My son was his patient for more than 2 years. His care was so bad, my son ended up being admitted to Sheppard Pratt. Rather than place him on Lithium immediately because he is bipolar (didn't want to because he said the blood work need was a hassle), tried all kinds of secondary bipolar drugs. A huge waste of money but more than that time. Time is critical when dealing with a child's mental illness. He suffered needlessly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
I thought Dr. Labellarte was a Godsend! He is smart, wise and discerning and was able to quickly understand my child and get her on a great path. Super grateful for his expertise and easy going style.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
Dr. Labellarte is bright, comprehensive and clear. He is clinically astute and perceptive - able to pick up on the most subtle of cues from my child. Dr. L has given us hope, normalized our experience and provided a clear path forward. We love Dr. L!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
I was disappointed with this doctor. He is short, does not offer solutions and seems irritated all the time. A know it all too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?
I do not suggest Dr. Labellarte. He was very hard to schedule with. He has extremely short expensiveappointments irregularly and talks more than he listens to how the patient is feeling. He kept increasing my medication because when I was not comfortable with it. This increased my depression so I had to take even more medication to balance that. He was stubborn when I tried to describe my mental health instead of perceptive. Finally, he made me feel embarrassed when I talked about the way felt
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Labellarte, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Labellarte?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Johns Hopkins University School Med
University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs
1991
Wayne State University School Of Medicine

Dr. Labellarte accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Labellarte's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Labellarte's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases