Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS

Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  ·
Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Colorado Springs, CO. He graduated from University Of Minnesota / School Of Dentistry and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery.Read his story

3475 Briargate Blvd Ste 102

Colorado Springs, CO 80920

• Ameritas
  • Dental Network of America
  • DenteMax
  • Dominion Insurance

Learn about Dr. Kunkel

Dr. Kunkel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kunkel "Dr. Michael Kunkel developed a passion for helping others and knew he wanted to be involved in health care from an early age. While originally from Rochester, MN, he first came to Colorado to attend University of Colorado, Boulder and earned his bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology. He returned to his home state to complete his dental degree at the University of Minnesota and then completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Indiana University Medical Center. While earning his undergraduate degree in Boulder, Dr. Kunkel met his wife and learned to love all that Colorado has to offer. He began practicing oral and maxillofacial surgery in Indianapolis following training, but it was always his plan to return to Colorado to be near friends and family and was blessed with the opportunity to do so here in Colorado Springs in 2013."

This content was provided by Dr. Kunkel "I extend my care beyond the surgical process by taking into consideration every aspect of the patient experience. I want my patients to feel comfortable every step of the way, from scheduling their appointment to post-surgical care and follow-up. I strive to ensure every patient has my full attention and receives the highest care possible."

1  Practice Areas

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Facial Trauma
  • Impacted Teeth
  • Jaw Cyst
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Colorado At Boulder
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Minnesota / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Indiana University Medical Center

Dr. Kunkel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kunkel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kunkel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kunkel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kunkel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kunkel to family and friends

Dr. Kunkel's Performance

I have already told friends of the pleasant, professional care I received with Dr. Kunkel. I was under a time constraint and he accommodated me fully. His personality made the procedure comfortable. I left with a smile!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Kunkel was wonderful and so was my care! I would definitely recommend to my friends and family!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I had my wisdom teeth pulled two weeks ago. Dr. Kunkel and his staff were amazing! Very professional. As someone who had never had surgery before, I was incredibly nervous about the entire procedure. Dr. Kunkel was very thoughtful in explaining everything I should expect and made me feel very at...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Our son felt very safe and confident about his oral surgery procedure after his initial consult with Dr. Kunkel. The procedure went exactly a planned, and Dr. Kunkel explained everything in detail prior to anesthesia.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have waited over a year to write a review. I had two implants done at the same time by Dr. Kunkel. He and his staff were outstanding. I enjoyed how he took time with me, explained my procedure, answered all questioned I had. He definitely takes care of his patients above and beyond what I...more