Dr. Michael G. Koslin, DMD

Dr. Michael G. Koslin, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

2036 Patton Chapel Rd, Hoover, AL 35216 Get Directions

Learn about this Dentist

Dr. Koslin practices Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at 1 location in Hoover, AL.

Are you Dr. Koslin? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Koslin's Experience

Visiting Dr. Koslin

Dr. Koslin accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Koslin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Koslin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Koslin to family and friends
2.2
Experience with Dr. Koslin
Dr. Koslin's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (17)
in Birmingham, AL |
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Koslin after experiencing complications from having my wisdom teeth removed by another physician in town. He came highly recommended by several family members and friends. I cannot express how happy I am with the care I received from Dr. Koslin and his office staff. They were all extremely professional, respectful, and accommodating. Dr. Koslin is truly an expert in every aspect and he saved me from weeks of agony and pain. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!
in Anniston, AL |
I went to Dr. Koslin in 2009 to get my tmj correct. During my surgery he decided it was the best time to take out my bottom wisdom teeth, which then lead to a major infection because my jaw was wired shut and I could take care of them properly. He also took too much of my jaw bone out and now my teeth do not align. It was a waste of time to get this painful surgery done. It didnt correct my tmj. It gave me another problem and soon I will have to get it fixed and it definitely wont be from him.
in Birmingham, AL |
Scheduled implant to be done.Had to reschedule appt.due to illness.Just before rescheduled appt.- was told I may have leukemia and began testing. Koslins office called and left voicemail to remind me of appt.- I hadn't yet contacted them to advise I would need to reschedule again when Koslin called me at HOME that night-yelled at me for 10 min about not calling to confirm, scolded me for wasting his time and the time of his other patients.AMAZINGLY UNPROFESSIONAL,HAUGHTY AND RUDE. TOTAL TRUTH
in Birmingham, AL |
Daughter went to him with swelling/pain in her jaw.He said it appeared to be an infected salivary gland- NO treatment at all other than sending her to the hospital for test that cost her $800 out of pocket.Results showed infection-STILL no antibiotics-told her to eat sour candy and drink water to activate salivary glands.4 days later STILL swollen -calls Dr. Koslin -goes to see him STILL NO ANTIBIOTICS and now say she wants to refer to a SPECIALIST who isn't available for a week. HE IS A QUACK
in Birmingham alabama |
Had to have a tooth removed as it was under a bridge and had cracked. Put me to sleep, pulled it out in 40 seconds and left a big rough metal edge from the bridge. Said 'your dentist can smoothe that '. I was too sleepy to argue. But after two cuts on my tongue form that rough edge I had to make an unexpected visit to my dentist which cost me a $50 co pay and time off work. Dr Koslin has lost his expertise and his bedside manners. WONT EVER USE HIM AGAIN
in Memphis tn |
Did not ask about my symptoms or offer any recommendation when I told him i was uncomfortable with the method of treatment he initially suggested. He spent 10 minutes with me after I drove 4 hours for his consult. Didn't do any tests or scans just felt my jaw for all of 10 seconds before coming to whatever conclusion he came to. Rude and abrasive.
Have you seen Dr. Michael G. Koslin, DMD?
Are you Dr. Koslin?

Compare Dr. Koslin

Compare this Dentist

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia

• Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Facial Reconstruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

University Of Alabama School Of Dentistry

Graduated in 1979

Jackson Memorial Hospital, University Of Miami

Completed in 1983

Dr. Koslin has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Koslin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Koslin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Koslin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Koslin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Alabama not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Koslin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Koslin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Koslin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients