Dr. Michael Kortbus, MD

Dr. Michael Kortbus, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Male
Dr. Michael Kortbus, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Red Hook, NY. He has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Kortbus is affiliated with Northern Dutchess Hospital and Columbia Memorial Hospital.

7385 S Broadway

Red Hook, NY 12571

• AARP
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Blue Shield of Northeastern New York
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Kortbus

See how frequently Dr. Kortbus performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Sinusitis
Earwax Buildup
Sinusitis

Dr. Kortbus's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kortbus "Dr. Kortbus seeks to provide a patient-centered approach with each patient, and you can expect to be a partner working with him to maximize your outcome. It is very important to help patients understand their medical conditions, options for treatment, as well as possible risks involved. Patients should always and everywhere be treated as family. Every effort to schedule patients appropriately, minimize wait times, and optimize doctor-patient time will be made. As an ear, nose and throat specialist, Dr. Kortbus performs a wide variety of sinus, ear and throat procedures and treatments. By concentrating on these areas, Dr. Kortbus has obtained vast practical experience and developed innovative techniques to match the needs of his patients. Educating patients about their condition or the type of treatment recommended for them, so that they fully understand their options and their unique situation, is very important for patients expertly cared for by Dr. Kortbus."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Saint Anselm College
  • New York University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006

• Dutch
  • German

Dr. Kortbus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kortbus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kortbus' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kortbus to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Kortbus Says:

We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Thank you for trusting us to care for you and your family!

Dr. Kortbus' Performance
in Red Hook, NY |
Highly knowledgible and skilled, thoughtful and deeply caring, Dr. Kortbus has surpassed all expectations for the most valuable practitioner. His expertise in sinus problems and his remedies are the best bar none (and we had been to a couple of other doctors first). Additionally, his staff is friendly, polite (!), professional, patient and engaged in the patient care, concerns, and comfort. What a remarkable and sterling medical practice all around!! Bravo!!
in Livingston, NY |
Dr. Michael Kortbus has been my ENT for a decade and I’ve had nothing less than excellent care from him and his assistants. I came to him when my allergies were unbearable. Following his advice and taking the appropriate medication, I overcame years of suffering. In fact, I’ve not had this kind of care since my very first primary care physician who I had from childhood to adulthood. As he’s always taken the time to discuss options for care and shown empathy, I feel healthier because of him.
C, thank you so much for your confidence in me all these years. I am so grateful to be able to help you.
in Rhinebeck |
I brought my son to Dr. Kortbus as a result of chronic ear infections. My son was frightened of hospitals, doctors, and the idea of surgery. Dr. Kortbus was amazing. He called to check in several times both before and after the surgery. His ease with children is remarkable. His kindness is beyond measure and his medical expertise is unparalleled. I recommend this wonderful doctor without reservation.
I am grateful for helping you and your family! It is my honor.
in Red Hook, NY |
I just visited Dr. Kortbus last week - both for myself and for my 5 year old daughter. He was amazing with my daughter...so gentle and so fun. He explained what he was doing in an animated interesting way that she loved. He then moved on to help me and also took great care of me providing a ton of great information and excellent, thorough care. He is clearly passionate about his work and helping his patients feel better. A+!
Thank you for the confidence in me! We strive to take excellent care of you and your family.
in Albany, NY |
Dr. Kortbus is your doctor if you're looking for a condescending know-it all who is afraid to admit when he doesn't know the answer to a question (which appears to be often). He's the king of the upsell - and you can expect to be advised into tonsil removal, ear tubes, etc. He's an expert at shaming children & parents. ALWAYS get a second opinion. Michael has never met a kid who he didn't recommend placement of ear tubes. Total hack.
in Greene County, NY |
Dr. Kortbus is one of the worst doctors I have ever met. Both my husband and I went to him and found him to be rude, berating, and uncaring. His entire staff of nasty women are equally offensive. After a terribly rushed initial visit, he will never again show his face or even return calls. Instead, he'll have his overly-protective, guerilla staff make all sorts of excuses for his unconcerned, unprofessional behavior. It's clear that the callous "Dr" Kortbus is only in this business for profit.
We accept your feelings, and disagree with what you have written. To accept this without being defensive or judgmental allows growth to take place. We openly welcome you to come back and allow us to improve how you feel.
in Greenville, NY |
Dr. Kortbus is a very caring doctor. He always takes the time to make sure I understand what is going on and offers me multiple options for my treatment. He did my sinus surgery two years ago and improved my quality of life immensely. I drive an hour to his office in Red Hook and it is worth it to be able to know I am in good hands everytime I see him. His staff is also top notch and very considerate of their patients. I highly recommend him.
Thank you so much for these kind words! We are humbled by them, and strive to make every patient feel as special and cared for. We thrive from your trust in Dr. Kortbus! Please stay in touch with us at Hudson ENT.
in Hudson, New York |
Dr. Kortbus changed my life & health. I had been having sinus\allergy issues for close to a decade until they got unmanageable & turned into my getting badly sick. He made me feel at ease & his staff helped me though the surgical & recovery process without fear. He makes all of the procedures & medical mumbo jumbo less challenging. He"s genuine & very real. Remembers you by name & not another number. If you are able to see him you'll be glad you did!
in Kingston, NY |
I went to Dr Kortbus when I was loaded with nasal polyps that prevented me from breathing properly at bedtime. He was wonderful explaining the procedure he would perform . He was so thorough in the operation that many years later I'm still clear. He's very skilled and informative. I recommend him highly.
Windham, NY |
After an already long day with my mother in law who has stage 4 cancer and just recieved news of all treatment failure i have to bring my 2 small children to this office. Where i was berated bc my son with adhd put on a pair of gloves with out the doctors permission. the kids were quietly, spinning in chair. again berated for that i said im filling out papers kids are kids. He said well isnt the y she is here? To my dying inlaw. This was a test run to see if peds doc would refer pts to him. NO!
We accept your feelings, and disagree with what you have written. We openly welcome you to come back and allow us to improve how you feel. As per our several phone calls since you left this review, we feel it is unfair and untrue.
in Valatie, NY |
Very very nice man. Looked me in the eyes the entire time I was explaining my problem to him. He helped so so much and I couldn't thank him enough. Would 10/10 recommend him to ANYBODY!
in Kerhonkson, NY |
Found him to be excellent. He listened, and looked me in the eye when he talked to me. (After dealing with surgeons, this was important!). He had good suggestions for NOT relaying on medications for my problem.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Kortbus, MD?

Visit Dr. Kortbus

Dr. Kortbus accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Blue Shield of Northeastern New York
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Mutual of Omaha