Dr. Michael Knesek, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Michael Knesek, MD
I understand that many of my patients have exceptionally high standards for their performance and joint health. My goal is to return patients to optimal function so that they can continue to perform and master their personal athletic and daily functional goals, utilizing surgery only as a last option. I will treat every patient with the utmost respect and work closely together with you as we develop a treatment plan for any orthopaedic problem you may have. My empathy and bedside manner is one thing that will truly set me aside from others, as I will treat each and every patient as if they were one of my family members. I have been fortunate enough to have trained at many wonderful institutions throughout my journey to become an Orthopaedic Surgeon. I attended the University of Notre Dame and graduated Summa Cum Laude. I then attended Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine where I was able to graduate with an Honors in Research. My Orthopaedic Surgery training was then completed at the University of Michigan Hospitals followed by a Sports and Shoulder Fellowship at Northwestern University Memorial Hospital Chicago. My personal interests include general orthopaedics, fracture care, trauma, sports medicine, knee ligamentous reconstruction, cartilage injury, shoulder reconstructive surgery, joint replacement surgery, and arthroscopic procedures including the ankle, hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow.

Dr. Knesek's Experience

See how Dr. Knesek's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Knesek

Dr. Knesek accepts 2 insurance carriers

Dr. Knesek is now accepting new patients
BONE & JOINT SPECIALISTS9001 Broadway
Merrillville, IN 46410
(219) 795-3360Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Knesek has admitting privileges.

Dr. Knesek's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Knesek to family and friends
Dr. Knesek's Performance
in Merrillville, IN |
Dr. Knesek is a very pleasant and compassionate physician. He takes his time with his patients. He fits patients in when they need to be seen.
in Gary IN |
Dr. Knesek is a rare type of surgeon most surgeon will jump to surgery on anything not Dr. Knesek he uses other methods before surgery surgery is the last option. He is very knowledgeable and friendly listens to your questions and answers them directly. He doesn't need to get a second opinion on what he tells you. I have great faith in Dr. Knesek for treating my torn MCL. Really enjoy him as a doctor. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for a great sports doctor.
NW Indiana |
Dr. Knesek is a rare breed when it comes to surgeons. He pays attention to details that other surgeons constantly ignore. These are the kind of details that impact your ability to recover from surgery. Dr. Kinesek treats people with kindness, concern, and compassion. He is a young surgeon with a great future ahead of him which means all good things for patients.
in Valparaiso, IN |
Dr. Kenesek perfectly balances professionalism and personability. We felt such ease with him as our 4 year old's surgeon with his kind and calming demeanor. He's extremely knowledgeable in his field, and took the time to carefully, and thoroughly, answer all of our questions. We would recommend Dr. Kenesek to anyone!
in Merrillville, IN |
Dr. Knesek really took his time with me and did a good job explaining everything to me. He is a great doctor!
in IN |
Very knowledgeable, listens to concerns and never rushes.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Knesek, MD?
Are you Dr. Knesek?

Compare Dr. Knesek

Dr. Knesek says...

I understand that many of my patients have exceptionally high standards for their performance and joint health. My goal is to return patients to optimal function so that they can continue to perform and master their personal athletic and daily functional goals, utilizing surgery only as a last option. I will treat every patient with the utmost respect and work closely together with you as we develop a treatment plan for any orthopaedic problem you may have.  My empathy and bedside manner is one thing that will truly set me aside from others, as I will treat each and every patient as if they were one of my family members. I have been fortunate enough to have trained at many wonderful institutions throughout my journey to become an Orthopaedic Surgeon.  I attended the University of Notre Dame and graduated Summa Cum Laude. I then attended Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine where I was able to graduate with an Honors in Research.  My Orthopaedic Surgery training was then completed at the University of Michigan Hospitals followed by a Sports and Shoulder Fellowship at Northwestern University Memorial Hospital Chicago.  My personal interests include general orthopaedics, fracture care, trauma, sports medicine, knee ligamentous reconstruction, cartilage injury, shoulder reconstructive surgery, joint replacement surgery, and arthroscopic procedures including the ankle, hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow.

Dr. Knesek says...

Surgical Specialty and Interests

Sports Medicine, Femoroacetabular Impingement(FAI), Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Arthroscopy, Shoulder Arthroscopy, Hamstring Injuries, Patellar Tendon Injuries, Elbow Tommy John Surgery, Multiple Ligament Knee Injuries, Knee Replacement, Shoulder Replacement and Revision Shoulder Replacement, General Orthopaedics and Fracture Care

Dr. Knesek's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Pain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Orthopedic Trauma

Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Completed in 2015

University Of Notre Dame

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Knesek does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Knesek and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement