Dr. Michael Kleven, DO

Internal Medicine | Male

West Valley Internal Medicine 17218 N 72nd Dr Ste 100 Glendale, AZ 85308 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Kleven, DO
After growing up in Orange County, California, I completed my undergraduate education at Brigham Young University with a degree in Psychology. I then attended medical school at Midwestern University here in Glendale, AZ and completed a rotating internship and family practice residency at Mesa General Hospital. I joined West Valley Internal Medicine in 2001 while still a resident and have felt at home in this practice ever since then. In addition to my office practice, I'm on staff at Sun Health Boswell Hospital and four local nursing facilities, and I serve as an Associate Medical Director at Optum Hospice. I believe that prevention is the best medicine, and that the best prevention is a healthy lifestyle. I focus much of my practice on encouraging my patients to adopt exercise habits and a healthy diet that will help them avoid chronic disease and the need for medications and surgery. I practice conventional medicine, which does include the use of medication when appropriate. I also acknowledge the beneficial role of alternative treatments in the lives of many of my patients, and I support such treatments when appropriate. In my personal life, I try to practice what I preach about living a healthy lifestyle. I also enjoy good movies and literature, music of all kinds, spending time with my family, and studying nutrition, exercise, politics and religion. I've been blessed with a lovely wife, five children, and one grandson, So far.

Dr. Kleven's Care Philosophy

I'm humbled by the trust of my patients and consider my time with them precious. Our relationship is a partnership in which I serve—at their pleasure—as a professional advisor, medical coordinator, coach, teacher, and sometime counselor. In each visit, I do my best to offer compassion, clinical competence, and clear communication.

Dr. Kleven's Experience

See how Dr. Kleven's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kleven

Dr. Kleven accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Kleven is now accepting new patients
Glendale/Peoria17218 N 72nd Dr Ste 100
Glendale, AZ 85308
(623) 334-8670Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kleven has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kleven's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kleven to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Kleven Says:

Honest feedback from patients is valuable, even essential, to continually improving our practice.

Dr. Kleven's Performance
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Kleven is great, office staff is beyond incompetent. Jackie at the front desk is condescending. Almost an hour and a half to see the doctor, and that was with an appointment. Never returns calls. Took over 2 weeks to get a prescription handled, which is not a safe feeling. Billed labs out-of-network. Over-charged office visits. After over 3 weeks trying to get a refund. After multiple calls with no promised follow-ups I receive a check in the mail with my name totally spelled wrong. Now my b
in Surprise, AZ |
I have surgery at Boswell hospital tomorrow-----Dr Klevens Surprise office LOST my pre-op chest xray. Complained to him last week about his referral dept----no apologies -----didn't seem to care.. I'm going to Cigna
Have you seen Dr. Michael Kleven, DO?
Are you Dr. Kleven?

Compare Dr. Kleven

Dr. Kleven's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kleven says...

I have extensive experience with—and love for—geriatric patients, including those with complex medical issues and multiple medications. Some of my most satisfying clinical relationships, however, come from treating entire families across multiple generations (age 12 and above)

Dr. Kleven says...

Specific clinical conditions that hold particular interest for me include:

• Testosterone deficiency
  • Weight loss
  • Exercise counseling
  • As well as all the common conditions encountered in primary care

Dr. Kleven says...

Our collective goal is excellent patient care. Neither I nor my staff are perfect, nor is the medical system in which we work. Nevertheless, we aim to make the experience of coming to our office as pleasant and efficient as humanly possible for every patient, without exception. And we will continue to rely on your feedback to tell us how we can make that experience better for you.

Dr. Kleven's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Kleven has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kleven's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • High Cholesterol
  • Pneumonia

Arizona College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of Midwestern University, Midwestern University

Graduated in 2000

Mesa General Hospital

Completed in 2003

BYU

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Kleven does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kleven and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage