Dr. Michael Kapsokavathis, DO

Dr. Michael Kapsokavathis, DO

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |

Born and raised in the Metro Detroit area, Dr. Kapsokavathis focuses his practice 100% on the adult spine. Knowing how closely outcomes from spinal surgery are tied to the "details", the doctor has the office run in a "concierge" style. Initial patient appointments are a full hour. Besides insurance, cash or credit payments are accepted for visits or surgical procedures. He personally examines each and every patient. Our office is the polar opposite of the all-too-common-nowadays spine surgeon's office that mass produces spinal surgeries and sees 30 spine patients per day. Dr Kapsokavathis realizes that it is impossible to interview, examine, properly diagnose and come up with (and explain) a customized treatment plan during a 15 minute patient encounter. Our office is built upon this fact, and thus true/unadulterated reviews of our Doctor are a legitimately "5/5".

Dr Michael Kapsokavathis DO

• HAP Insurance
  • Medicare
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Kapsokavathis

My approach is patient centered and focused on education of everyone involved in the decision making process. Expect significant time spent discussing your condition during your office visit. I want to know YOUR goals and expectations, just as I want you to know MY goals and expectations.

Dr. Kapsokavathis' Experience

Dr. Kapsokavathis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Internal Fixation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • The Boston Spine Group
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

• Greek

Dr. Kapsokavathis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kapsokavathis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Outstanding Patient Experience Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Kapsokavathis is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Kapsokavathis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kapsokavathis to family and friends
Dr. Kapsokavathis' Performance
in New Haven |
Dr.k i love this man,he is one exceptional docter. Knowledgeable caring understanding I could go on but the best way to know what I'm talking about is 2 make an appointment and see this exceptional docter I was in a near-death accident I suffered bad injuries to my back my pain level was through the roof a 12 plus you took my pain down to a 6 made my life more manageable and on my way to recovery I have nothing but praise for this man dr. K is one exceptional docter my family loves him thank you
in Gregory, MI |
I would recommend Dr.Michael Kapsokavathis, DO to do surgery to my family and friends it was very scary to have to get my back cut open but after talking with the Doctor and him showing me and explaining everything that he had to do made the decision to have the surgery easier for me he listen to all my concerns. Plus I like the Art Work in his office. thank you for doing a excellent job on my back. STEPHEN SIENKIEWICZ Just a Great Doctor!!!!!!!
in Belleville, MI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kapsokavathis to anyone. His professionalism and desire for you to be informed regarding your personal health is commendable. He is very thorough yet does not rush through your appointment. He sits with you, shows and discusses your test results ensuring that you have a good understanding of what's going on with your health. I always leave confident in his ability to provide excellent medical care and a clear understanding of my condition
in St Clair Shores, MI |
If you are looking for any physician to visit this is not for you. If you are looking for a surgeon who will take a personal interest in you, your diagnosis and your care, then this is the Doctor for you. DR. Kapsokavathis and his wonderful staff will provide the one on one you deserve, will treat you with respect, while making a sound commitment to your ongoing recovery after surgery. The best there is--that's Dr."K".
in Clinton Twp., MI |
Dr. K is the best doctor ever. He is passionate about his job and awesome to his clients! I recommend him hand's down!
in Pontiac, MI |
Extremely thorough, caring, and knowledgeable. Took plenty of time to explain everything to me and answered any and all questions. Does NOT push you into surgery. Highly recommend him.
in Beverly Hills, MI |
Dr. Kapsokavathis is awesome! Dr. Kapso has excellent bedside manners; he is patient, confident and down to earth. His office team are just as kind and responsive as Dr. Kapso. I had disk replacement surgery at C5-6 with Dr. Kapso on April 10 and am doing well. He made sure that I had everything I needed to be comfortable and put my family at ease before and after my surgery. I only have positive things to say about my experiences.
in Birmingham, MI |
I first had the pleasure to meet with Dr. Kapsokavathis in January. I had to have surgery on my L4 and L5 with horrible sciatica pain. The process was nothing more than extraordinary. He made sure I was very comfortable and understood the surgery process. He alleviated all of my anxiety and was there for me every step of the way. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kapsokavathis.
in Royal Oak, MI |
Dr. Kapsokavathis is delightful. I cannot imagine that surgery could be made any easier. I returned to somewhat normal activities within one week after my outpatient laminectomy surgery.
in Rochester Hills, MI |
Dr.Kapsokavathis is definitely my hero! My injuries stemmed from a car accident in November 2015; over the course of a few months, the herniated discs in my neck caused narrowing in my spinal cord. I first consulted with him in December 2016- at that time, he took 90 minutes explaining the nature of my injuries, terminology, and potential surgical solutions. My surgery took place in January 2017; everything went very smoothly, & my recovery has been excellent. I believe his skills are top-notch!
in Franklin, MI |
Dr. Kapsokavathis has been absolutely fantastic. He spent over an hour and a half with me during my initial consultation. He repeatedly asked if I had questions and understood what he was explaining to me in regards to my back and physical issues. We spent time reviewing the physical symptoms of the herniated disc, nerves and muscle weakness as well as all of the images. Post Op, he has been readily available for all questions and concerns I have. I highly recommend Dr. Kapsokavathis.
in Clinton Township, MI |
I have a ruptured disc and also my knee is buckling. Dr. Kapsokavathis suggested that I have PT for the buckling knee first and the back surgery later. I trust the Doctor and his opinions, Great Doctor. He listens to your concerns and take the time to answer all my questions.
in West Bloomfield, MI |
Dr. Kapsokavathis is dedicated to his patients. He does not rush you through your appointments. He explains what the MRI's show and how that relates to what you are experiencing. He keeps up with the latest medical advances, but does not rush to use them without the data to support his decision to use them. He performed disc replacement surgery at two levels on me on November 9th. I call it my "miracle surgery." The results have been amazing!
in Sterling Heights, MI |
Dr. K was the best!!!! He explained everything and it was easy for me to understand. My husband and I laughed when he called himself an "ARTIST" but that is exactly what you want when you have someone working right next to your spinal cord right? It has been three weeks since my surgery which implanted 2 mobi-c disks in my neck and I couldn't be happier with the results. The migraine headaches and the burning in my neck, shoulder, and arm area have disappeared.
in Northville, MI |
Dr.k was wonderful. He took the time with me ,and my husband. He went through many procedures with us .and really figured the best solution for my c spine. It felt good to go to a doctor that took the time with you. He was never in a hurry. Don't plan for surgery to December. But look forward to having a good, kind and caring doctor for once in a long time. I will recommend him to all my friends and family. L Cohen
in Canton, MI |
Dr. Kapsokavathis spent an entire hour with me reviewing all possible options for treatment, answered every question in detail and gave his honest opinion on what my options were including all possible outcomes, including the possible negative ones. This allows me to make a very informed decision, he did not push an agenda but cared most about what would be best for me. He has my total and complete trust and respect.
in Macomb mi |
Dr K. Is awesome!!! You just need to trust him and let him work his magic. His staff is very reassuring and wonderful to work with as well. It was a blessing for me to have been introduced to this wonderful team of people by a friend. I had an ACDF done. Pain was awful before surgery but when I woke up from surgery not knowing what to except and it was unimaginable. The Pain was gone... Wow!!! My life has been rejuvenated again at 34. Thank you so much!!!
in Sterling Heights, MI |
He is a great doctor and surgeon, He spends time with you check out explain everthing to you that might be wrong and ways to fix the issues. He is easy to talk to and listens to everything you say and covers all your concerns. He did a great job on both my surgeries. He explained recovery time and what to expect from the surgery. I am on a 2 year follow up and to re exam me to see if there is something else he can to help with my problems. Dr. Kapso is a great doctor and person. I love this man
in Armada, MI |
I was very satisfied. He is very trustworthy.
in Pontiac, MI |
I was skeptical at first but this was the best doctor appointment I've ever had. He takes the time and really goes through your condition and explains all the options.
in Brighton, MI |
Dr. K is a wonderful doctor and person, I would recommend him to anyone.
in Fair Haven, MI |
Dr. Kapsokavathis takes the time and explains your condition and answers any questions or concerns you have. Very kind and caring. I would and have recommended him to my friends and family.
in Harbor Beach, MI |
His skill level is excellent , he explained the process very clearly in terms that I would understand. His work is outstanding and I'd recommend him to anyone that requires back surgery. If he can help me he can help anyone.
in South Lyon Michigan |
I was very impressed by the time he took with me and my husband to go over my records and tests. I finally found someone whom I could trust to take care of me. He gave me the feeling that he really cared, explained my options, and I trusted his judgement. When you trust in someone well your battle is already half over. Thank you Dr. K.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Kapsokavathis, DO?
Are you Dr. Kapsokavathis?

Visit Dr. Kapsokavathis