Dr. Michael Kaplan, MD

Dr. Michael Kaplan, MD

Sinus Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Kaplan, MD is a sinus surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

4101 Greenbriar St Ste 320

Houston, TX 77098

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Kaplan

See how frequently Dr. Kaplan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Sinusitis
Sinusitis
Balloon Sinuplasty

Dr. Kaplan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kaplan "Dr. Kaplan graduated from Bellaire High School and attended University of Texas at Austin. He was admitted to Phi Beta Kappa at UT Austin. He completed his medical education and first two years of residency at Baylor College of Medicine. He finished his Otolaryngology training at University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Dr. Kaplan sees patients of all ages. He has a special interest in treating chronic sinusitis, obstructive sleep apnea, and thyroid/parathyroid disorders."

• Sinus Surgery

• Facial Fracture
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Myringotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery

• Baylor College Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • University Of California Los Angeles
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Kaplan has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Kaplan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaplan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kaplan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaplan to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Kaplan's Performance
in Richmond, TX |
I found Dr. Kaplan to be thorough and patient results oriented all the while completely engaged and quite friendly. The clinic staff are top notch, absolutely cannot say enough of how impressed I am with the care I have received. Would highly recommend Dr. Kaplan without a doubt.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Kaplan was referred by a friend Kenny Hauser who Dr Kaplan had treated in the past. I had a huge emergency medical scare where a blood vessel broke and blood poured from my nose and month. I was rushed to the ER where hours were spent trying to lower my 205 blood pressure. An emergency text was sent to Dr Kaplan he ask to see me asap! Dr Kaplan was kind, clear, and not only treated me but discussed changes I must make in my life to avoid a stroke. Dr Kaplan is aamazing, Page Parkes
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Kaplan performed my endoscopic sinus surgery. From the first consult to the final visit following surgery, Dr. Kaplan and his staff far exceeded my expectations. The level of care I received was excellent and the result of my surgery had been extraordinary. Following surgery I fully expected to require pain medication for a day or so. To my surprise, I experienced minor discomfort and did not require any pain medication. My recovery was quick and painless. The gratitude I feel for Dr. K
in Clear Lake, Texas |
I saw Dr Kaplan last month after suffering for dizziness for the last 6 months. Two other doctors performed multiples tests that showed nothing. Dr Kaplan was able to figure out in his office that it was actually coming from my sinuses. He drained my sinuses using a balloon two days later and within 10 days my dizziness disappeared. I would highly recommend him. His staff is courteous and friendly and he really takes the time to explain your problem and the treatment needed to fix it.
Franklin, IN |
I'm not sure how this doctor's rating is as high as it is, considering just how terrible my experience--and the experiences of many I've known who have visited him--have been. This doctor performed on me unnecessary procedures that exacerbated my condition and then told me to call the office to have the charges waived. The whole thing is nefarious, and, frankly, highly unethical.
in Houston, TX |
I recommend Dr. Kaplan very highly. He's very knowledgeable and personable and spends time with you to answer your questions. I've had nose problems for years and he fixed up my nose real good and I'm breathing good for the first time in years. He's all around a real nice man and great surgeon.
in Houston, TX |
I would not recommend this doctor. Doctor enters to the office does not introduce himself and start taking about performing partial surgery on my right thyroid lobule. He did not ask about my condition and when I tried to let him know that I came for a full thyroidectomy with arrogance he let know that it is not my decision. When I said that my endocrinologist said that he storm out, leaving the office to speak with my endocrinologist. He comes back and let me know he is not going to operate.
in Houston, TX |
I arrived early to complete paper work. I was sent to the exam room on time. After waiting in the exam room for 1 hour I walked out. He sent me a bill for $345.00
in Houston, TX |
I couldn't be happier with the services of Dr. Kaplan and the staff at the ENT Associates of Houston. I received timely, considerate and effective care. Thank you!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Kaplan is extremely knowledgeable, professional, punctual, and patience. He took time to respond to my questions and concerns, explaining the procedure and anticipated outcome. Experienced no pain during or after the surgery. Day after surgery, Dr. Kaplan followed-up with a phone call on my progress. For years, I have suffered from congestion and sinus pressure and infections, impacting quality of life. Today, cured thanks to Dr. Kaplan. I give Dr. Kaplan my highest recommendation!
in Friendswood, TX |
Outstanding. Dr. Kaplan was timely, almost painless with great results
in Baytown, Tx |
Let me start off by saying of late I have had some less than pleasant experiences with different doctors in the Baytown/ Houston Texas area. Not the Case with .Dr. Michael Kaplan and the staff at ENT Associates. I researched for a doctor online and the reviews I seen on Kaplan pointed me in his direction.I think when it comes to ENT Dr. Kaplan is one of the Best ! I was miserable when I went to see him with a sinus infection.
in Houston, TX |
He helped me when my other two doctors didn't and I don't have any more sinus problems
Have you seen Dr. Michael Kaplan, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaplan?