Dr. Michael A. Kaplan, MD

Dr. Michael A. Kaplan, MD

Sinus Surgery | Male | 52 years old

Dr. Kaplan graduated from Bellaire High School and attended University of Texas at Austin. He was admitted to Phi Beta Kappa at UT Austin. He completed his medical education and first two years of residency at Baylor College of Medicine. He finished his Otolaryngology training at University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). Dr. Kaplan sees patients of all ages. He has a special interest in treating chronic sinusitis, obstructive sleep apnea, and thyroid/parathyroid disorders.Read more

Dr. Kaplan's Experience

See how Dr. Kaplan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kaplan

Dr. Kaplan accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Kaplan has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Kaplan
Dr. Kaplan's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (48)
in Clear Lake, Texas |
I saw Dr Kaplan last month after suffering for dizziness for the last 6 months. Two other doctors performed multiples tests that showed nothing. Dr Kaplan was able to figure out in his office that it was actually coming from my sinuses. He drained my sinuses using a balloon two days later and within 10 days my dizziness disappeared. I would highly recommend him. His staff is courteous and friendly and he really takes the time to explain your problem and the treatment needed to fix it.
Franklin, IN |
I'm not sure how this doctor's rating is as high as it is, considering just how terrible my experience--and the experiences of many I've known who have visited him--have been. This doctor performed on me unnecessary procedures that exacerbated my condition and then told me to call the office to have the charges waived. The whole thing is nefarious, and, frankly, highly unethical.
in Houston, TX |
I recommend Dr. Kaplan very highly. He's very knowledgeable and personable and spends time with you to answer your questions. I've had nose problems for years and he fixed up my nose real good and I'm breathing good for the first time in years. He's all around a real nice man and great surgeon.
in Houston, TX |
I would not recommend this doctor. Doctor enters to the office does not introduce himself and start taking about performing partial surgery on my right thyroid lobule. He did not ask about my condition and when I tried to let him know that I came for a full thyroidectomy with arrogance he let know that it is not my decision. When I said that my endocrinologist said that he storm out, leaving the office to speak with my endocrinologist. He comes back and let me know he is not going to operate.
in Houston, TX |
I arrived early to complete paper work. I was sent to the exam room on time. After waiting in the exam room for 1 hour I walked out. He sent me a bill for $345.00
in Houston, TX |
I couldn't be happier with the services of Dr. Kaplan and the staff at the ENT Associates of Houston. I received timely, considerate and effective care. Thank you!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Kaplan is extremely knowledgeable, professional, punctual, and patience. He took time to respond to my questions and concerns, explaining the procedure and anticipated outcome. Experienced no pain during or after the surgery. Day after surgery, Dr. Kaplan followed-up with a phone call on my progress. For years, I have suffered from congestion and sinus pressure and infections, impacting quality of life. Today, cured thanks to Dr. Kaplan. I give Dr. Kaplan my highest recommendation!
in Friendswood, TX |
Outstanding. Dr. Kaplan was timely, almost painless with great results
in Baytown, Tx |
Let me start off by saying of late I have had some less than pleasant experiences with different doctors in the Baytown/ Houston Texas area. Not the Case with .Dr. Michael Kaplan and the staff at ENT Associates. I researched for a doctor online and the reviews I seen on Kaplan pointed me in his direction.I think when it comes to ENT Dr. Kaplan is one of the Best ! I was miserable when I went to see him with a sinus infection.
in Houston, TX |
He helped me when my other two doctors didn't and I don't have any more sinus problems
Have you seen Dr. Michael A. Kaplan, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaplan?

Compare Dr. Kaplan

Dr. Kaplan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kaplan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sinus Surgery
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Kaplan has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kaplan's Board Certifications

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngitis

Completed in 1996

University Of Texas / Austin Campus

Graduated in 1986

• French

Dr. Kaplan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaplan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sinus Surgery
  • Rhinology
  • Sleep Medicine Otolaryngology

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Myringotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.