Dr. Michael Kaiser, MD

Dr. Michael Kaiser, MD

Neurosurgery  |
25 reviews

• Oxford Health Plans

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kaiser's Experience

See how Dr. Kaiser's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kaiser

Dr. Kaiser accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kaiser has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kaiser's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kaiser to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Kaiser's Performance
in Middletown, NY |
Dr. Kaiser is an excellent surgeon and his staff, especially Vivian, his office Manager and Rosemary his head nurse, are spectacular! My husband and I were immediately at ease on our first consultation visit. I had a very delicate surgery. I had a walnut size cyst embedded inside my lower lumbar spinal cord area. The surgery was a success seven weeks ago and I am now back to work full time, hitting the treadmill for an hour at a time and enjoying my home life! THANK YOU!
New York, NY |
Dr. Kaiser performed two surgical procedures on me over a three year period and I have been very satisfied with the results and the quality of care. Dr. Kaiser took the time to patiently explain my medical condition and options, and to answer my questions in detail. On the day of each surgery, Dr. Kaiser explained the procedure and followed-up. Post-surgery, Dr. Kaiser's staff checked up on me daily and was extremely helpful. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kaiser.
in NJ |
BEST NEURO SURGEON I had ACDF C4/5/6/7 (4 level fusion) and woke up from the surgery feeling completely symptom free and thank god am still symptom free 7 months post op. His staff is always available and his lead nurse Rosemary is phenomenal -- always available to answer questions. I highly recommend Dr. Kaiser, his staff and Columbia U hospital. I would never go to another neuro surgeon. Look no further Dr. Kaiser is the best neuro surgeon and couldn't be happier he performed my surgery.
in Putnam Valley, NY |
His honest and confident approach to my spinal issue made it a lot easier to go forward with the procedure. Eight months later and I am doing well.
in Hackensack, NJ |
After going to Hackensack hospital by ambulance their Dr's told me I'd need rods and screws and 3 months of re-hab. So I called an ambulance again at my expense to take me back home. Well I found Dr. Kaiser's number and called his office to explain that I could barely walk for the last 3 months. He amazingly saw my films and said I only needed an hour of surgery to repair my bulging disc. Well, he was right. I was walking the next morning. What a life saver!!!! Rick DePalma
in Huntington Station, NY |
Dr. Kaiser performed two surgeries on me one in 2002 on my lower back and once more on my neck in 2016 on both occasion the results were awesome. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Kaiser and his staff.
in Bronxville, NY |
Dr. Kaiser is a remarkably thorough, thoughtful, and understanding surgeon. He listened, and understood, and cared about my concerns, and I never doubted his recommendations for a second.
in Oceanside, NY |
I have had two successful surgeries performed by Dr. Kaiser in the past three years, a microdiscectomy and a lumbar decompression. He is a wonderful surgeon and a consummate professional. Not surprisingly, his staff is first rate as well.
in Clifton, NJ |
Dr. Kaiser was recommended to me by my primary doctor who had his back surgery done a few years back. What a better recommendation than from another doctor who had his back surgery done by Dr. Kaiser. When I met Dr. Kaiser he showed concern on my imbalance issue and back pain. He sent me to take a number of MRI scans and CT scans to assess my spinal issue. Upon review of the scans he showed me where my problems were and explained in detail how he was going to proceed with surgery. Excellent DR.
in New York, NY |
Dr Kaiser is extremely good at what he does, I recently had a spinal fusion of the C6-C7 area and the results were amazing. The second I woke up from surgery all the pain that I had in my arm was completely gone. I have had many surgery's in my life and it is rare to find a highly skilled surgeon with an amazing bedside manner. Dr Kaiser embodies both of these qualities and I would definitely recommend him to anyone needed spinal surgery. Sincerely, Justin Hoffman
in Chatham, NJ |
He worked with Dr. Sisti to remove a rare tumor from my back. Without them I would be in a wheel chair. They saved my life. I'm back to normal and playing tennis. They are miracle workers.
in Ridgewood, NJ |
Dr. Kaiser is a miracle man. I went to him for a second opinion and wound up be treated by him. For years and years and after two surgeries (one by an HSS rock star) I was a mess. I was impressed the second I met him. One year after a five hour surgery I am able to do anything i want. No more pain. The guy is brilliant. Don't go anywhere else, I am a back doctor expert! Great bedside manner, top notch staff (they actually care) and follow up too.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Kaiser, MD?
Are you Dr. Kaiser?

Compare Dr. Kaiser

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Kaiser at Columbia University Medical Center Neurology

Dr. Kaiser says...

Dr. Kaiser is a nationally recognized spine surgeon and has been at the Neurological Institute of New York at Columbia University Medical Center for over 2 decades where he also serves as Associate Director of The Spine Hospital at The Neurological Institute of New York. He is a board certified neurosurgeon who specializes in the surgical treatment of cervical spondylotic myelopathy, cervical and lumbar degenerative disease, minimally invasive spine surgery, spine and spinal cord tumors, and complex spinal reconstructions.

For more information on Dr. Kaiser, please visit the Columbia Spine website.

Dr. Kaiser's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kaiser's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Kaiser has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kaiser's Board Certifications

• Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas
  • Hemangioblastoma
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Neurofibromatosis
  • Neurogenic Claudication (NC)
  • Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament of the Spine

Newyork-Presbyterian-Columbia University Medical Center

Completed in 2009

Emory University

Completed in 2009

Dr. Kaiser does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kaiser and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Arthroplasty
  • Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy