Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Kachmann

Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Cincinnati, OH and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Indiana University School Of Medicine in 2000 and specializes in neurosurgery and neurological spine surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Kachmann accepts

Dr. Kachmann accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Kachmann's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kachmann's Top Procedures and Conditions

Low Back Pain

Dr. Kachmann treats Low Back Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Kachmann treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Kachmann treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Kachmann treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Complex Spinal Deformity Correction
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

2007
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Upmc)
2006
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Upmc)
2000

4.3

Dr. Kachmann?
Dr. Kachmann's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD
I first went to Dr.Kachmann on a referral from my orthopedic MD. I am 6 weeks post op 4 level ACDF and it has been a life changing surgery. He is very professional, knowledgeable, and caring. He treats you as an individual and reviews all of your signs and symptoms and treats accordingly. You are not just a "text book" case. He explains everything in detail. He takes the time to answer your questions and makes himself available to you and your family for any questions or concerns. THe day I left his office after my initial appointment I knew I had made the right decision with choosing Dr. Kachmann.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
Dr. Kachmann was highly recommended to me by another Neurosurgeon, and he did not disappoint. Besides repairing my problems he first had to do some troubleshooting. It did not take him long to find my problems. nor did it take him long to fix them. He has earned my respect and gratitude. Thank you Dr. Kachmann
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
I first came to Dr. Kachmann with back pain so severe that I couldn't even wash dishes without wanting to cry. He performed a fusion and removed 2 cysts in my back. I am back to being able to do anything I want and can shop with friends without having to find a place to sit down. He is a great surgeon and is very kind and caring. I have recommended him to friends with back pain. Thank you Dr. Kachmann!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
We have recommended Dr. Kachmann to our friends and family and will continue to recommend him. He is knowledgeable and confident in his work as a neurosurgeon. He performed surgery on my husband's back last March. All aspects of the surgery went well from check in to dismissal. He is a competent surgeon that also treats you very respectfully. I wish all doctors were like him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
I've heard it said, "First Impressions" mean so much! The 1st 10 minutes of meeting Dr Kachmann gave such comfort and peace that I knew I finally arrived at the HANDS of a Doctor that would change my life. Over the last several years I have seen Orthopedic surgeons and recommend surgery for spinal stenosis. After months of PT, Acupuncture, Dry Needling, Massage Therapy and Spinal Injections I was running out of options. Finally I meet Dr Kachmann and my life is forever changed. God Bless!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
I was extremely pleased with Dr Kachmann. He did a spinal fusion for me a year ago and I have been pain free from the problems that made it necessary since the day after surgery. He explains things well and always listens to and addresses my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
Wonderful doctor very caring and listened to all my concerns. Great compassion. Highly recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
Had 2 cervical surgeries 5 mths apart. Neither successful. The last was suppose to take 1 1/2 hrs. He finished in 45 minutes so he wouldn’t miss his flight. I ended up at ER in severe pain. He couldn’t be reached. I asked why the plate was crooked he replied, “some dr.s are OCD about having them straight but he has more important things to be OCD about “ My last appt he told me there wasn’t anything more he could help me with. 8 mths Post Surgery & pain is worse now than before he started.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
Dr. Kachmann was able to stop my arm and hand pain with laminectomy/ decompression surgery, of the C-3 thru T-1 vertebrae. He was very thorough in his explanation of why the surgery was needed and what I could expect through recovery and after. This is my third spinal surgery (the first with Dr. Kachmann) I felt more informed and prepared for this one than I ever did during the first two surgery's . I would definitely recommend Dr. Kachmann and his staff for spinal surgery above any other.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
Dr. Kachman was easy to talk to and explained my condition in terms that were easy to understand. I never felt rushed when I saw him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
An excellent doctor and surgeon . I have been suffering with back problems for years but this last operation with Dr. Kachmann was the best. I feel better than I have in 5 years . I have full trust with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
Extremely pleased with Dr. Kachmann. He performed fusion procedure on my lower back. Everything went very smoothly, and the operation was very successful. The whole experience could not have been better. I have had a similar surgery with another surgeon and facility so I can make a valid comparison .. there is none ! EVERY one I dealt with from his office throughout the process was the epitome of courtesy and professionalism ! IF ever had to have another surgery there's NO question where I'd go
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
When I met with Dr. Kachmann, he listened to my “story”. He outlined the pros and cons of my options. He showed me my MRI and explained what it told him. He then repeated it all to my wife and made sure she understood. He left the decision up to us but gave us the information we needed. He was very attentive the day of the procedure and continued to be until I had completely recovered. The procedure was more than a success: it defined a new normal which is better than before I met him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
After months of severe neck and arm pain, I met with Dr Kachmann to find out what my surgery options would be. He was very thorough and compassionate, he answered all of my questions and he made the information easy to understand. Since having surgery, I feel great!! HUGE thanks to Dr Kachmann and his team!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
After years of pain, Dr Kachmann's neck surgery has me pain and medicine free. He's straight forward, good listener, was honest about surgery risks and chances of success. He cares about the patient and understood the fear of surgery. First class Dr at a first class facility. He changed my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
Dr. Kachmann performed separate surgeries on my lower back and neck in the past year. He is absolutely fantastic. An excellent surgeon, he provides great follow care, and he puts the patient first.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
A big THANK YOU to Dr. Kachmann for treating me and let me be able to feel no more sciatica pain on my right side leg due to herniated disc. He did a wonderful job. I’m able to sleep, and move better. Thank you, Dr. Kachmann!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
physically gifted as is any neurosurgeon, but for me , he made me feel 100% confident before going into surgery that everything would go perfect. And then it did..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
Dr. Kachmann and the staff at The Mayfield Clinic were excellent. The entire process (from diagnosis through surgery) to address L4-L5 moderate/severe stenosis and spodylolithesis was very organized and professional. And, most importantly, the results to date (6 weeks post surgery) have been outstanding - essentially alleviating all leg numbness and back pain/discomfort.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kachmann, MD?
I cannot say how impressed I was with my experience with Dr. Kachmann. He was easy to talk to and he was excellent listener. He explain what the issues were and how the surgery would help improve my health. Mayfield is a well run practice and I would highly recommend Dr. Kachmann. The surgery went great and as soon as I was awake I knew the pain In my back and feet was gone. My life has improved 100%. I can walk much longer it’s my wife and our dogs, I can stand much longer without pain.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kachmann?

Mayfield Brain & Spine

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kachmann treats patients.

The Jewish Hospital