Dr. Michael James, MD

Dr. Michael James, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Michael James, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Coeur D Alene, ID. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. James is affiliated with Kootenai Health.

1919 Lincoln Way Ste 415

Coeur D Alene, ID 83814

• Altius Health Plans
  • Blue Cross of Idaho
  • Group Health Cooperative

Learn about Dr. James

See how frequently Dr. James performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Stomach Diseases
Diarrhea

Dr. James's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. James "Kootenai Clinic is a network of doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants who are employed by Kootenai Health and provide care to patients throughout the Inland Northwest."

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

• Bile Duct Procedure
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Kttc Med Center Keesler
  • Wilford Hall Med Center Aetc

Dr. James has no media or publications listed.

Dr. James does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. James and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. James' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. James to family and friends
4.3
Dr. James' Performance
in Coeur d' Alene |
Dr James was fabulous! he put me at ease and explained the before and after of my procedure very well. Would definitely recommend to others!
Post Falls |
I had a wonderful experience with Doctor James. He was very polite and attentive. He listened to me and answered all of my questions. He explained my issue and the procedure he would perform. He is a real gentleman. My procedure was performed yesterday and I'm very pleased. I will be seeing him as my gastroenterologist in the foreseeable future and I would recommend him to my family and friends.
Coeur D'Alene. Idaho |
I have seen and been cared for by Dr James for over 25 years and am very happy with his professionalism and his excellent staff!
in Coeur D Alene |
I highly recommend Dr. James, Kootenai Clinic and the staff. Form the moment I checked in, prepped for the procedure and recovery, each person made me feel totally at ease. Having a colonoscopy is never a fun prep but the experience of the staff left me with vitually no anxiety.
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
My experience was excellent. The nurses and the Drs were informative and cheerful. Everything was as I was led to believe and I am appreciative. Thank you.
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
Dr. James was professional & informative & attentive to any questions or concerns that I might have.
in Post falls ,Idaho |
Dr.James is a great Dr ,I started with him years ago,went to the Vally because my Dr is there ,but came back to Dr James.He spend time with you and answers questions .He takes care of you and needs.He is a very loving and caring Dr
in Post Falls, ID |
I was treated so nice and with respect when I went in for a colon test on 06-21-2017. Dr. James talked to me before and after the procedure where he answered all my questions. He was the first person I saw when I woke up. The entire staff was so kind and caring. They knew I was afraid so they engaged me in questions about myself, my hobbies and pets to put me at ease. And they called me the next day to check on me. They were very professional and made my experience easy. Thank you so much.
in Hayden, ID |
Dr. James came in the treatment room introduced himself, informed me of the procedure, gave me time to ask question and then the procedure began. Excellent bedside manner. Receptionist was extremely polite, paper work ready to sign, all the nurses were outstanding very well trained. Anesthesiologist super colossal, did a great job. Thank you
Hayden, ID |
I had a routine colonoscopy with Dr James. All seemed to go well until 7 hours later when I developed chills and than fever. I went to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with a raging bacterial infection. A cat scan showed no perforation but an injury where a polyp was removed which I was told caused the infection.
in Mullan, Idaho |
Dr James is excellent at what he does. He's so professional and friendly. Everyone in his office are totally friendly and helpful. I've been recommending him to friends for over 10 years
Post Falls, ID |
I was very comfortable with Dr. James and all personnel. Everything well explained and excellent care!!
in Post Falls, ID |
Very professional, did Colonoscopy with on pain. Except when the Nurse inserted IV needle. That was expected. CHRIS
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
Dr. James was very professional and caring. Explained the procedure very clearly and was clear in diagnosis and treatment plan.
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
The process from checking in to leaving was efficient and friendly. Therre were no problems and everything went very smooth.
in Coeur d Alene, ID |
Excellent from start to finish!
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
I would, twice I have attended 2 procedures' with Dr. James, both times were better then the norm .
in Coeur dAlene, ID |
Dr. James talked to me before and after the procedure. He was willing to answer any questions. Every thing went well. I was in and out in a timely manner.
in Spirit Lake, ID |
My visit for a routine colonoscopy was painless and he and the clinic staff were professional, friendly, and had the best attitudes! We laughed a lot and although the prep for such a necessary exam sucks, the procedure was easy.
in Coeur D Alene, ID |
Dr. James has provided care for me, as needed, since 2003. I have always been completely happy with his care. I would (and already have) recommend him to friends and family. Thank you Dr. James.
in Coeur d'Alene, ID |
Dr. James does did not take the time to listen to any of my concerns. It was apparent that he didn't even take the time to review my chart before entering the exam. He appeared to be rushed to leave the exam room. I've never had such poor medical care in my life. I left his office and immediately sought a GI consult elsewhere.
Have you seen Dr. Michael James, MD?
Are you Dr. James?