Dr. Michael Jacobson, MD

Dr. Michael Jacobson, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Michael Jacobson, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Williamsburg, VA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Jacobson is affiliated with Sentara Norfolk General Hospital and Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center.

5408 Discovery Park Blvd

Williamsburg, VA 23188

Learn about Dr. Jacobson

See how frequently Dr. Jacobson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
Dizziness

Dr. Jacobson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergy Shots
  • Allergy Testing
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Bone Anchored Hearing Aid Implant
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Uvulectomy
  • Vestibular Testing
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Colorado Health Sciences Center School Of Med Denver Co
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • University Of Rochester
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Long Island College Hospital
  • Strong Mem Hsp University Rochester

Dr. Jacobson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jacobson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacobson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jacobson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacobson to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Jacobson's Performance
Norfolk, VA |
I felt more like a number than a patient in Dr Jacobson's office. I visited him quite a few times over the past year or so for a tinnitus-type issue that needed further evaluation and testing. Every appointment I came to was quick and had the same results, we need to set you up with more tests. Well, after waiting 7 months for answers, I left this office and found another doctor who was able to assist and help in a matter of 45 minutes. The office staff here was great, but not Dr Jacobson.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Jacobson was professional, caring and efficient. He diagnosed my 8 week old son's tongue tie and he underwent a procedure that day in the office. My child's distress with nursing was fixed in an instant. For a new mom, this was an extremely stressful time and after undergoing this procedure our feeding issues resolved. We are so grateful to Dr. Jacobson and his staff!
in Williamsburg, VA |
I had a medical emergency and was referred to Dr. Jacobson by my ER doctor. Within three hours of calling, I was examined by Dr. Jacobson. He quickly identified the appropriate treatment for my situation, and called me later that evening to ensure that I was feeling better. I have had follow-up appointments and several dealings with him and his staff since - everything has been perfect. I was seen on-time for each appointment, and his staff responded immediately to all my needs.
in Williamsburg, VA |
I am a new patient and had read previous reviews being positive regarding Dr Jacobson but negative with regard to his staff. His current staff could not have been more professional and concerned with my welfare. I am pleased with Dr Jacobson and staff.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Jacobson is a learned, respectful, and approachable physician. I would highly recommend him.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Jacobson is a knowledgeable and caring doctor, the allergy staff is knowledgeable and polite. However the same cannot be said about his office staff, your will be lucky to receive a call back and if you expect an attitude from them. Its a shame a couple bad apples have to ruin it for everyone else.
in Yorktown, VA |
Dr. J has treated all 5 members of our family with the highest level of compassion and professionalism. We've used their office for everything from allergy testing to ear and sinus surgery, with great results all around. Yes, we sometimes have to wait to see him, but he's well worth that wait. I won't go anywhere else.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr Jacobson puts a priority on patient care. I've had two recent minor ENT emergencies and his front office worked me in the same day. Dr Jacobson spent the time necessary to take care of me. Sometimes this may cause him to run a little behind, but I know he's taking care of someone elses needs just as he has taken care of my needs.
in Toano, VA |
My family moved to the Williamsburg area 7 years ago when a friend recommended Dr. Jacobson. My youngest daughter, who was 8 at the time, was suffering from allergies & constant ear infections. Ever since then, Dr. J has been taking care of my family. Over the years I have trusted him to perform surgery on my daughter for 2 sets of ear tubes, an adenoidectomy, a tonsillectomy, and allergy testing and shots. He is an amazing doctor and there is no other doctor I would recommend except him!
in Williamsburg, VA |
I discussed my concerns regarding my history of sinus issues with Dr. Jacobson. He offered explanations, various treatment options, and possible outcomes. I opted to have sinus surgery. To my surprise, immediately following surgery, the pain in the back of my head was gone(caused by a petrified fugal infection in the sphenoid sinus area) and my nasal passages were no longer obstructed. What I had thought was congestion at night turned out to be blocked passage ways due to a deviated septum.
Williamsburg, VA |
He was knowledgeable and took care of our concerns quickly.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Jacobson and his staff treat me like family. I was diagnosed with cancer and Dr. Jacobson has shown the utmost care and concern. His compassionate bedside manner is only rivaled by the depth and breadth of knowledge he possesses. In the midst of my health struggles, I sought a second opinion at Johns Hopkins. That appointment confirmed the treatment course Dr. Jacobson recommended and solidified my decision to remain his patient. Dr. Jacobson is the only ENT I trust with my health issues.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Jacobson is my hero!!!! I had an artery burst in my head causing a life-threatening nose bleed while out of town. I survived, but much damage was done to the interior of my nose. Over the course of many years, Dr. Jacobson has provided therapy and ultimately a successful surgery to repair the intense damage. He is absolutely the best in his field. Seriously! He is a brilliantly skilled doctor, and his empathetic care is unrivaled. I am so lucky everyone in town referred him to me.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr Jacobson is an excellent surgeon. He is a very compassionate doctor.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Jacobson is my 3rd ENT. Over the years I have had a total of 4 sinus surgeries for recurring nasal polyps. He is the only ENT who stuck with me after the surgery to continue to work me with me to keep my polyps at bay. The first time I had surgery my ENT recommended that I have an aspirin desensitization but I couldn't find a single doctor t in the area who was willing to do it. Dr. Jacobson did extensive research on the protocol and willingly took on the task! Excellent follow-up care.
in Newport News |
Dr Jacobson has been treating my child for the past 3 years. He put tubes in her ears because of her recurring ear infections and now sees her for her allergies and nose bleeds. He is a great doctor! The wait may be a little long at times, but the exceptional care is well with it!
Preformed unnecessary sinus surgery, a.k.a., sinuplasty. Misdiagnosed viral labrythnitis as allergies and put me in an unnecessary regime of allergy shots.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Jacobson, MD?
Are you Dr. Jacobson?