Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD

Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Baltimore, MD and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons in 1979 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, adult reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

5601 Loch Raven Blvd Ste 405

Baltimore, MD 21239

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Jacobs

See how frequently Dr. Jacobs performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Joint Pain
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Jacobs's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Jacobs' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jacobs "I have been in the practice of orthopedics for 30 years. The only priority in my life has been to do whatever is in the best interest of my patients. That includes non-operative care, surgical procedures and post-operative care. All are equally important. For the entirety of my career I have been part of the faculty of the Johns Hopkins University Department of Orthopedics. That speaks directly to my commitment to excellence and my commitment to teaching. I have also lectured and performed surgery across the globe and specifically in Europe, Asia and South America. That experience has included working with the medical missionary group Operation Walk where we aided the disadvantaged in both Peru and Ecuador. I am fortunate in that I have had the benefit of a fantastic education at the college, medical school and fellowship levels. I am proud that I was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, the Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical School Society and American Orthopedic Association. I am also very proud of the fact that I am also the Team Orthopedist for the Baltimore Orioles baseball team. On a daily basis I strive to apply what I have learned over the past 30 years to improve the lives of my patients."

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Bowdoin College
  • Harvard Med Instn Brigham & Womens Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Johns Hopkins Sch Med & Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Jacobs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jacobs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacobs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacobs to family and friends
based on 167 total reviews (73 with comments)

Dr. Jacobs' Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Jacobs Says:

I consider patient Satisfaction Scores a very important part of improving the quality of my care. It is important incorporate changes that relate to the care and behavior of my office staff, the hospital staff, or my direct care and interactions with our patients. I appreciate the time that is spent by our patients to reflect upon their experience with us. I would like to personally thank you for your efforts.

Michael Jacobs

Friendly and business-like. Have had two hips replaced by Dr. Jacobs - 10 years apart. He is an expert and the entire process is simple and smooth. The big difference is that in 10 years the recovery was much faster as Dr. Jacobs is always ahead of the curve on the latest techniques.
Dr. Jacobs is a wonderful surgeon, very confident and knows what he's doing when it comes to orthopedic surgery. He was highly recommended by a john Hopkins doctor i visited early on. He knows how to diagnose the problem and see through. If i could give him more than a five star rating I would....more
I had my second hip replacement with Dr. Jacobs this November. Everything went great both times. I was out of the hospital the same day! His bedside manors are superb.
I am so blessed to have found Dr, Jacobs! After going from one doctor to the next over the past 3 years and still not having a clear plan to help my hip problem I finally found the doctor that I knew I could trust. He was clear and confident about what I needed...a total hip replacement. Everyone...more
Dr Jacobs performed my total hip replacement and the result are awesome. One year out and I feel better than I have for years. My mobility is back and I can resume all my favorite activities.

Are you Dr. Jacobs?