Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD

Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Baltimore, MD and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Columbia University / College of Physicians And Surgeons in 1979 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, adult reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

5601 Loch Raven Blvd Ste 405

Baltimore, MD 21239

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Jacobs

See how frequently Dr. Jacobs performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Joint Pain
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Jacobs's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Jacobs' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jacobs "I have been in the practice of orthopedics for 30 years. The only priority in my life has been to do whatever is in the best interest of my patients. That includes non-operative care, surgical procedures and post-operative care. All are equally important. For the entirety of my career I have been part of the faculty of the Johns Hopkins University Department of Orthopedics. That speaks directly to my commitment to excellence and my commitment to teaching. I have also lectured and performed surgery across the globe and specifically in Europe, Asia and South America. That experience has included working with the medical missionary group Operation Walk where we aided the disadvantaged in both Peru and Ecuador. I am fortunate in that I have had the benefit of a fantastic education at the college, medical school and fellowship levels. I am proud that I was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, the Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical School Society and American Orthopedic Association. I am also very proud of the fact that I am also the Team Orthopedist for the Baltimore Orioles baseball team. On a daily basis I strive to apply what I have learned over the past 30 years to improve the lives of my patients."

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Bowdoin College
  • Harvard Med Instn Brigham & Womens Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Johns Hopkins Sch Med & Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Jacobs has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jacobs does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jacobs and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jacobs to family and friends

Dr. Jacobs' Performance

Dr. Jacobs Says:
"

I consider patient Satisfaction Scores a very important part of improving the quality of my care. It is important incorporate changes that relate to the care and behavior of my office staff, the hospital staff, or my direct care and interactions with our patients. I appreciate the time that is spent by our patients to reflect upon their experience with us. I would like to personally thank you for your efforts.

Michael Jacobs

"

Very happy with Dr. Jacobs and staff. Everybody showed me nothing but kindness and were professional every step of the way. I felt very confident under Dr. Jacobs hands before, during and after my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs and his staff to anyone who is considering a hip replacement...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Jacobs has replaced both of my hip joints. Total hip replacement of left hip June 2017 and total hip replacement of right hip April 2018. Both experiences were remarkable and recovery was quick. Dr. Jacobs does sterling work and should be your first option if you need a hip replacement.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Jacobs did what he said he would do. His confidence is warranted.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Meeting and scheduling with Dr Jacobs is very easy. I did it from Harpers Ferry WV. The staff form the Hospital to the Office were very helpful and answered every question no matter what. For my family and friends I would only suggest Dr Jacobs for total double hip replacement.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
After 4 years of pain from a deteriorating hip joint and consults with 4 Orthopedic Doctors - I found Dr. Jacobs. My hip replacement was performed by Dr Jacobs and his fabulous team, and I have not looked back. During my post op recovery at Medstar, I was lapped in the hall by another of Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0