Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD

Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Baltimore, MD and has been practicing for 35 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, hip & knee orthopedics, and more.Read his story

MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital - Russell Morgan Building

5601 Loch Raven Blvd Ste 405

Baltimore, MD 21239

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Insurance accepted

CareFirst Maryland POS
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Health Net
Tricare
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MVP Health Care
National Elevator
Wells Fargo Insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Jacobs' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Knee Surgery
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

I have been in the practice of orthopedics for 30 years. The only priority in my life has been to do whatever is in the best interest of my patients. That includes non-operative care, surgical procedures and post-operative care. All are equally impor...

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs?
Dr. Jacobs' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD
I was referred to Dr. Jacobs by a dear friend; Dr. J was my second opinion, when he told me he could help and at the same time put my fears to rest.... that was all I needed. He IS TRULY THE BEST!! Will sing Dr. J’s praises ALL DAY!!!! ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
I had a right hip replacement in jan, 2019. I am more than 100 % satisfied!! I wish I had the procedure done sooner. I would certainly recommend dr Jacobs. from the beginning, it could not have gone any smoother. his staff was very professional. you can contact me if you have any questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs performed surgery on me to correct a previous procedure from a different doctor. I had been in pain for 10 months, but after he surgically corrected it, I had no pain and no cane after only 3 weeks and 3 days. He’s a miracle worker as far as I’m concerned. He’s just the very BEST! I 3
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs is an excellent ortho surgeon. My husband and I have had a total of 4 joint replacements with superb results. We have also had rotator cuff repairs and have good results from those. He is very personable and I would recommend him. He is very direct with his diagnoses and gives the patient options for care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Michael A. Jacobs is a truly outstanding surgeon. He has done a left & right total hip replacement for me. The left in 2017, the right in 2019, just this past January 8. I am now pain free, & have no restrictions whatsoever. I will resume my swimming tomorrow. No more walker, no more cane, no more pain. Who could ask for more from a surgeon. It is so exciting to walk free again. He is no nonsense, tells you honestly immediately. Shows you the xrays. He has a marvelous staff, Dr. Jim...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Drove about 2 1/2 hours from Gainesville Virginia just to have Dr. Jacobs as my doctor. Best decision I have made.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
I am very pleased with my hip surgeries and am recommending him to my friends and co workers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
My wife had double knee-replacement on December 17th by January 18th she was released from outpatient therapy. She is able to drive, swim, and do all the things that she was unable to do prior to surgery. Dr Jacob is amazing! It's a partnership. She did her part, he did his part. What I really liked about him is that he didn't take the credit. He told my wife that the way that she handled her recovery was the key
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
From my first office visit to my hospital encounters to my post-op visit, I experienced a “ Disney “ level of customer service. His office staff is friendly and helpful. Dr. Jacobs spent all of the time I needed with each office visit. (which explains the occasional wait time)The hospital staff exceeded as of my expectations. I plan on having Dr. Jacobs replace my other knee in a few months.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs gave me the straight facts on how to address my knee pain. Upon my selection of surgery he, his team and the staff at Union Memorial Hospital gave me excellent care. They always gave me ample opportunity to ask any questions, and answered them all completely. I followed all the after care instructions and have gone through the prescribed therapy. I am healing beautifully and would recommend Dr. Jacobs to everyone.
Grateful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
I just completed my 1 year evaluation with Dr Jacobs after TKR last October. My results could not have been better. My flextion is fantastic as is my extension. My knee is pain free. I just have to work on the rest of my muscles.:) One day I may need a partial for my other knee, and of course, why would I go to any one else but "MJ"? Great staff as well and always profressional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs explained all of my options for a total hip replacement and allowed me to choose my path forward. The surgery went well and after 5 weeks I am walking relatively pain free. He is a great surgeon and I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
This man saved my life... 5 Years of excruciating let pain... 3 failed back surgeries... He did total (both hips) hip replacements on me 4 weeks ago and I feel better than I have in 5 years... Very attentive and actually concerned for my well being... I would highly recommend him for bi lateral hip replacement surgery... I was walking without the walker two weeks after surgery... Left the hospital the next day.. It's been 4 weeks and I'm almost back to a normal life.. Thank you Dr. Jacobs...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Jacobs since 2000. Two hip replacements went perfectly. Now pain free and no issues. I consider him to be an excellent doctor and a top surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
He Never rushed into surgery. We were 50/50 partners in my knee replacement surgery. He is AMAZING and there aren't enough incredible adjectives to describe what a fantastic orthopedic surgeon Dr. Jacobs is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs did TKR on my left knee 7/17/2018. I could not have had a better outcome. It's 38 days post procedure and I'm doing great. I'm finished with P.T. and hope to be 100% by week 8. I talked with his surgical team at the hospital on the day of surgery. They were very professional and courteous. Dr. Jacobs is a highly skilled surgeon supported by a great team. I intend to have him do TKR on my right knee next year.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs successfully replaced my right knee 10 years ago and my left knee 5 weeks ago. I had such a positive experience and outcome with my right knee that I didn't even consider another doctor to replace my left knee. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Jacobs, his office, and associates. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Jacobs to family and friends and often tell people about my experience. He made it possible for me to walk again without pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Excellent doctor, great outcome on separate hip replacements. Dr. Jacobs takes time to listen and explains things well. I never felt rushed, always felt confident in his role as surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Very happy with Dr. Jacobs and staff. Everybody showed me nothing but kindness and were professional every step of the way. I felt very confident under Dr. Jacobs hands before, during and after my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs and his staff to anyone who is considering a hip replacement like the procedure I had.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Jacobs?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Jacobs treats patients.