Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 68

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Baltimore, MD. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center and MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD

MedStar Ortho at MGSH Russell Morgan

5601 Loch Raven Blvd Ste 405 Baltimore, MD 21239 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Dr. Jacobs' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jacobs

1.1904761904761905%

Dr. Jacobs

Terrific Doc
Check up for hip replacement. My 3rd hip replacement with Dr Jacobs over 30 years. Great bedside manor, answers all my questions. A doctor who practices excellence.
R Williams – May 06, 2022
Easy Hip replacement
Dr Jacobs and he team were great. They made me feel very comfortable and at ease. They were very professional and great to work with. I was amazed at how easy the hip surgery went. I on my sixth week and doing great. I highly recommend Dr Jacobs and his team. Thank you —STC—
Steve Campbell – Apr 30, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Just had my six week check up from right knee replacement. Dr Jacobs said I’m doing very well. This is my third surgery with Dr Jacobs.(both knees and 1 hip) I’m very pleased with my results since I’m an active person.
Tom Johnson – Apr 21, 2022
Highly recommended
I have been a patient of Dr. Jacobs for over 10 years. He has replaced both knees and a hip. I consider him to be a great surgeon and caring doctor. Getting an appointment is easily accomplished as his office has a live person answer the phone. His staff is very professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Jacobs.
Patricia Veon – Apr 20, 2022
Great Results with Dr. Jacobs
I lived a bunch of years with bad knee pain. Dr. Jacobs fully explained my condition and all options. I decided to proceed with having my left knee replaced. I was playing golf again within 6-7 weeks!! After a year and a half, other knee was in pain so I decided to have replaced as well. Just hit 6 weeks and done with PT(which you must do from Day 1) and ready to start playing golf again. PT folks extremely impressed with my progress given horror situations others have experienced. Therapists commented on the obvious talent of the Dr. that performed the surgery. No better compliment than A PT since they see so many. Know if you need an Orthopedic Dr., you will be in great hands with Dr. Jacobs.
Mar 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs relieved all of the anxiety relating to my hip replacement. He explained in detail the process. More so than the others I spoke to. Very professional . Wish I had done sooner, no pain and walking perfectly again. Highly recommend as a top surgeon.
H. Miller – Feb 14, 2022
Very Pleased
I had been to several doctors before seeing Dr. Jacobs for what I thought was a bad knee. When I saw Dr. Jacobs , he did a very comprehensive examination and determined it was my hip. He tried other treatment modalities before doing surgery. I did eventually have surgery on 12/28/21 and was beyond pleased with my results , progress, and most important no more pain.
R. Segall – Feb 06, 2022
No Pain At All!
I had been diagnosed with a bruised hip and told it would get better. It didn't. The pain increased until it became unbearable. I went to Dr. Jacobs for a second opinion. He told me I needed to schedule immediate hip replacement - I looked at my x-ray and one hip was a mess, almost fused together. Within two weeks I had surgery and since that day I've had no pain in my hip at all. Therapy ran out of exercises and when I went for my five-week checkup Dr. Jacobs couldn't have been happier with how well I recovered. Outstanding service, patient compassion and technical skill, Dr. Jacobs and his team are 5+ Stars.
Stephen M. – Jan 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
I could not be more pleased with every aspect of my recent hip replacement surgery. At both the initial and post-surgery appointments I was seen at the scheduled time and neither appointment was rushed. Dr. Jacobs was thorough and made sure all my questions were answered. At the initial consultation he explained alternative procedures available and the pros and cons of each. It was my choice. When I selected the procedure, he thoroughly explained the process and set expectations for a normal recovery timetable. After my surgery, I called in with questions and they were answered that afternoon or first thing the next morning. I recently had my post-surgery follow-up. I am totally pain-free and have no restrictions. The whole process was well planned. Every person involved in the process was attentive, kind and caring. In addition to an excellent bedside manner, I was treated by a talented and highly qualified medical professional. Five stars do not seem to be enough…
Tom B – Jan 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
I fought hip issues for many years had a tear repaired in 2008. My friend recommended another doctor who refused to see me because I had already had a procedure on the hip. In turn, that office recommended Dr. Jacobs. He reviewed my history and agreed to see me. Thank God! Dr. Jacobs was not only professional but also personable! He replaced my hip and my only regret is that I didn't find him sooner!
Sherry Pabis – Jan 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
After my first appointment with Dr. Jacobs I knew he was the best choice to perform my total hip replacement. His knowledge, experience, bedside manner, and level of care far exceeded my expectations. He takes all the time you need to address any questions, really listens, and never rushes you out the door. His staff is phenomenal, and when you call his office, a member of his staff actually picks up the phone! No automated voice answering system where you can't actually talk to a person. Every member of his staff is kind & courteous and his Assistant Jim is top notch! Really can't say enough great things about Dr. Jacobs and his staff. Had my hip replacement in December and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital was great as well!
Scott – Jan 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
First what a nice Dr. when he comes in your room you feel you are the first pt he has seen. He did my hip replacement and it want great. When he told me i need the replacement he sat on the chair and said i will sit here a few and ask me any questions you have. Which i didnt have a lot of i was a little in shock. He gave me a phone number and said if you think of anything call and you will get the answer. So so true cause i did and called and his staff they were just as friendly. I truly felt like he was just my dr. thank you dr jacobs
charmaine stansbury – Dec 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Jacobs is probably one of the most experienced and efficient orthopedic surgeons in Baltimore. He cares about his patients and he has excellent results. He replaced both of my husbands knees and this has been a game changer for my husband. thank you
Robin Craycraft – Dec 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr.Michael Jacobs is the world best doctor.He is honest and caring doctor.He knew how to help me out and I have no more pain in my right knee.I would recommended him to all my friends and family.
Angela Kouloheras – Nov 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
From the first call to schedule an appointment the office staff was friendly and professional. Dr Jacobs PA, Jim, was fantastic. After scheduling knee replacement surgery I had many questions. I called the office and Jim returned my call the same day and took amble time to answer my questions. I called several times and he never made me feel my questions weren’t appropriate or he was rushed. Now, to Dr Jacob. I had 1 knee replaced also with a metal plate to remove. I had heard how long a recovery it might be from friends who have had knee replacements. I researched doctors and selected Dr Jacob because of his experience and previous success. I am so happy I did. I was walking up and down steps with the bad leg not only down step, but up step also. My week three I was on a stationary bike in PT and at home. Week 3 1/2 I attended a wedding and danced, be it 1 time. Do PT! From front office, PA, and Dr expertise selecting Dr Jacobs and staff is a wise choice.
Steve – Nov 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
I knew it was time to do something about my knee when the pain kept me from doing the things I loved. After reading many reviews of Orthopedic Surgeons in my area, I decided to go with Dr. Michael Jacobs for my complete knee replacement. I could not have made a better choice. His staff and assistants were extremely helpful. They were very good at keeping me informed of all pre-op and post-op requirements and procedures. I never once called with questions where they did not pick up the phone right away and have an answer. Dr. Jacobs met me for the first consultation. He was courteous, professional and personable. His good sense of humor put me at ease and was patient with all my questions. He met with me before the operation for any final questions or concerns. For the operation the robotic "Mako" procedure was used and was very successful. I just met with Dr. Jacobs for my five week checkup and every thing is on schedule with no problems. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs
Jerome Johnson – Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr. Michael Jacob is an awesome orthopedic doctor ! He is patient, compassionate and listens to all your questions and concerns. He ask questions to learn about your other health issues before he recommends treatment. It is obvious that he really cares for his patients and that being a doctor is a calling not just a job to him. I wish all my physicians had his ethics and standards! I have recommended several friends and relatives to see him. He just did knee replacement for my son-in-law.
Valerie Haynes – Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Yes. Dr. Jacobs was very knowledgeable and explained my condition and what it took to get me well. For the first time in years I have no pain and feel normal. He's the best!!!!!!
Connie Lawrence – Jul 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Dr Jacobs is the best, replaced my left hips 3 years ago and just recently replace my right hip. He is excellent at what he does. I would highly recommend him to family and friends. He is the best. Debbie
Debbie Charbonneau – Apr 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?
Have had two knee replacements. Would highly recommend Dr. Jacobs. Both he and staff were attentive, helpful.
Mar 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Jacobs, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jacobs?