Dr. Michael Howard, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male

Dr. Michael Howard, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Lake Forest, IL and has been practicing for 16 years. He specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Howard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard?
Dr. Howard's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Howard, MD
Dr. Howard did my reconstructive surgery after a bi-lateral mastectomy. He is not the only Plastic Surgeon I saw, I got a few opinions before making my choice. I can not say enough wonderful things about this man. He is not only an excellent surgeon but he truly cares about his patients. I never felt like just another patient or a number, I always felt he cared for me as a person and made sure my concerns were addressed. I trust and appreciate this man so much that even tho my husband and I have moved from the Chicago area to Phoenix Arizona I still travel back to Chicago for any check up visits with him. If my daughter ever found herself needing a Plastic Surgeon this is the ONLY one I would want her to use.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard is a top-notch surgeon. I have recently lost a great deal of weight. Dr. Howard is my surgeon for all of my skin removal surgeries. He is genuinely one of the most kind, empathetic people I have ever met, which is extremely rare in a top-rated surgeon. Because I have an extensive amount of skin to be removed, I will need to have multiple procedures. Dr. Howard worked with me to develop a plan that would give me the best result and be the most cost effective. He took the time to listen to what I wanted to achieve with the surgeries, he explained all of the risks involved, and he made sure I had realistic expectations. In December of 2018, Dr. Howard performed the belt lipectomy. The incisions healed nicely, the scars are fading, and my abdomen is wonderfully flat! I look forward to continuing to work with Dr. Howard at NMLFH.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard rebuilt my foot after a very complicated injury. Further, his follow up care and subsequent attention has made a significant impact on my quality of life. Dr. Howard provides a unique combination of expertise and patient care that I have not experienced with other providers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
I met with Dr. Howard last week for a consultation. He took his time with me asked me questions about the outcome I wanted to see and gave me all the information I would need about my upcoming procedure. He is very responsive and very personable. I feel confident in his work. He did a procedure for my friend several years ago and the outcome was amazing! He also followed up with her and showed compassion and general caring about how she was feeling after. I am excited to work with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Wasn't responsive. Plus, he left the Northbrook office three months after performing my surgery. The other surgeons did not want to have anything to do with me. They didn't want to work behind another surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
I could not be happier with the outcome of my breast reconstruction after bilateral mastectomy. Dr Howard is highly skilled, provides excellent care is very thoughtful, and clearly understands all aspects of the journey that breast cancer sufferers are on. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard is a gifted surgeon and a compassionate doctor. I am so grateful that I chose to have the diep flap breast reconstruction surgery in lieu of getting a breast implant following my mastectomy. It feels so natural - I feel like myself again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
We had a very unsatisfactory experience with scheduling and billing. We were told that consults could only be in person (fair enough) and that the fee would be one amount. We were later charged a significantly higher amount (unfair) due to an error that billing department still refuses to own (unacceptable). As for the brief consult, Dr. Howard was competent and courteous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard is one of my favorite docs - ever! Super bedside manner, warm & caring, and a very skilled surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr Howard is a brilliant surgeon and nicest person and doctor I have ever met. He performed 3 unique reconstruction surgeries on my leg to remove cancer tissue and construct a new leg from my tissue flap. I am very thankful to him for taking care of me and helping me through my procedures. There are no words that I can find to truly express my gratitude and admiration of Dr Howard. He is the best plastic surgeon and most understanding person. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Howard?

Dr. Howard accepts

Dr. Howard accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Coventry Health Care
Medicaid
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Principal Financial Group
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Howard's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Laceration Repair
  • Lesion Removal
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Neck Lift
  • Second-Degree Burns
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Third-Degree Burns
  • Wound Repair

Better people means better experiences. Our care team is committed to delivering results that change lives.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

1997
Emory University
1993
Illinois Wesleyan University

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Howard treats patients.

77% Patient experience rating, 8% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2018)