Dr. Michael Howard, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMale

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Michael Howard, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Lake Forest, IL and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Emory University medical school in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital and Evanston Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Howard to book an appointment.

Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital

New Patient?
Northwestern Medical Group - Women's Services1000 N Westmoreland Rd B Lake Forest, IL 60045

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Howard is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital Lake Forest, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Howard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard?
  • Staff friendliness (65)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (64)
  • Office environment (64)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
Dr. Howard is by far one of the best doctors I have ever come across. He is very welcoming, truly cares about his patients, is understanding of any/all my concerns, and performs high-quality work. He was the first and the only consult I had as I was deciding on surgery. After meeting with him and having him spend over an hour talking to me about the procedure, the recovery process, what should be expected long term, answering all of my questions, and more, I knew that I had no reason to look any further for another surgeon. After surgery, Dr. Howard and his team were extremely accommodating at my post-op appointments. I walked out of each appointment happier than when I walked in, which I did not think was possible! This procedure was life-changing and I could not thank him enough. I HIGHLY recommend choosing Dr. Howard and his team. You will not be disappointed.
Stacy Teslenko – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
He is a very knowledgeable surgeon and I have been very pleased every time.
Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard did my reconstructive surgery after a bi-lateral mastectomy. He is not the only Plastic Surgeon I saw, I got a few opinions before making my choice. I can not say enough wonderful things about this man. He is not only an excellent surgeon but he truly cares about his patients. I never felt like just another patient or a number, I always felt he cared for me as a person and made sure my concerns were addressed. I trust and appreciate this man so much that even tho my husband and I have moved from the Chicago area to Phoenix Arizona I still travel back to Chicago for any check up visits with him. If my daughter ever found herself needing a Plastic Surgeon this is the ONLY one I would want her to use.
Leslie Gearig – Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard is a top-notch surgeon. I have recently lost a great deal of weight. Dr. Howard is my surgeon for all of my skin removal surgeries. He is genuinely one of the most kind, empathetic people I have ever met, which is extremely rare in a top-rated surgeon. Because I have an extensive amount of skin to be removed, I will need to have multiple procedures. Dr. Howard worked with me to develop a plan that would give me the best result and be the most cost effective. He took the time to listen to what I wanted to achieve with the surgeries, he explained all of the risks involved, and he made sure I had realistic expectations. In December of 2018, Dr. Howard performed the belt lipectomy. The incisions healed nicely, the scars are fading, and my abdomen is wonderfully flat! I look forward to continuing to work with Dr. Howard at NMLFH.
M.K. in Barrington, IL – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard rebuilt my foot after a very complicated injury. Further, his follow up care and subsequent attention has made a significant impact on my quality of life. Dr. Howard provides a unique combination of expertise and patient care that I have not experienced with other providers.
David Andrew in Skokie, IL – Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
I met with Dr. Howard last week for a consultation. He took his time with me asked me questions about the outcome I wanted to see and gave me all the information I would need about my upcoming procedure. He is very responsive and very personable. I feel confident in his work. He did a procedure for my friend several years ago and the outcome was amazing! He also followed up with her and showed compassion and general caring about how she was feeling after. I am excited to work with him.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Wasn't responsive. Plus, he left the Northbrook office three months after performing my surgery. The other surgeons did not want to have anything to do with me. They didn't want to work behind another surgeon
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
I could not be happier with the outcome of my breast reconstruction after bilateral mastectomy. Dr Howard is highly skilled, provides excellent care is very thoughtful, and clearly understands all aspects of the journey that breast cancer sufferers are on. I highly recommend him.
Teresa in Niles, IL – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard is a gifted surgeon and a compassionate doctor. I am so grateful that I chose to have the diep flap breast reconstruction surgery in lieu of getting a breast implant following my mastectomy. It feels so natural - I feel like myself again!
Kathy P. – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
We had a very unsatisfactory experience with scheduling and billing. We were told that consults could only be in person (fair enough) and that the fee would be one amount. We were later charged a significantly higher amount (unfair) due to an error that billing department still refuses to own (unacceptable). As for the brief consult, Dr. Howard was competent and courteous.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sep 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard is one of my favorite docs - ever! Super bedside manner, warm & caring, and a very skilled surgeon.
Tucson, AZ – Jul 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr Howard is a brilliant surgeon and nicest person and doctor I have ever met. He performed 3 unique reconstruction surgeries on my leg to remove cancer tissue and construct a new leg from my tissue flap. I am very thankful to him for taking care of me and helping me through my procedures. There are no words that I can find to truly express my gratitude and admiration of Dr Howard. He is the best plastic surgeon and most understanding person. Highly recommended.
Sofia in IL – Jun 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr Howard was very knowledgeable - well informed and up-to-date on research - but more importantly he was clear, thorough, and very patient with my questions. He really helped me evaluate my choices for breast reconstruction after a double mastectomy. He did an outstanding job with the surgery - I am very happy with the results! In addition, he is warm, clearly cares for his patients and is pretty funny. Staff was great and I rarely had to wait. I give him the highest recommendation.
Molly in Evanston – May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
He is a true professional. He removed a mode from my head and there is not scare.
Mark Raynard in Glenview, IL – Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Due to cancer, Dr. Howard has performed several surgeries on me. He is very patient, understanding - all the decisions were mine.
Mar 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
We can't say enough good things about Dr. Howard and his excellent care of Barbara Gaetano. Barbara's care began at Elmhurst hospital but due to circumstances she was transferred to Northshore for continued care. As Dr. Howard was highly recommended to us we contacted him prior to Barbara's transfer. He made himself VERY available to the family to make us feel comfortable with her current and future treatment by himself. His expert wound care is without comparison.
Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Dr. Howard and his staff provided me with exceptional medical/surgical care from my initial consultation with him regarding my reconstruction options following my double mastectomy to my most recent post-surgical follow-up appointment. I felt prepared going into my surgery, my recovery has gone as I expected based on what Dr. Howard had told me, and I am pleased with the results. I would recommend him to anyone needing breast reconstruction following bi-lateral mastectomy.
Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
I saw Dr Howard for microsurgery for a scar that I’ve had for 25 years. Dr Howard did amazing work. I wish I had heard of Dr Howard years earlier. He is the best. His staff is very nice and make the experience easy.
Mar 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
I have recommended Dr. Howard to family and friends. Dr. Howard has earned and deserves the highest praise. I feel fortunate that I have access to such a wonderful surgeon and person.
Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?
Michael Howard is wonderful! Made me feel comfortable from the very first appointment, and the procedure went just as he told me. Highly recommend Him!!
Christie Kozil – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Howard, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Howard?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Howard's experience treating your condition or procedure

Breast Reconstruction

Dr. Howard performs Breast Reconstruction more than 75% of his peers

Dr. Howard performs this procedure more than 75% of his peers

Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant

Dr. Howard treats Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant more than 69% of his peers

Dr. Howard treats this condition more than 69% of his peers

• Lesion Removal
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Neck Lift
  • Spider Veins
  • Third-Degree Burns
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Howard accepts

Dr. Howard accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Principal Financial Group
Priority Health
Priority PPO
WellPoint

Better people means better experiences. Our care team is committed to delivering results that change lives.

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery