Dr. Michael E. Hoffman, MD

Dr. Michael E. Hoffman, MD

Urology | Male | 41 years old

55 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Quality, Comprehensive, Un-rushed, Compassionate Urology Care for you and your family.Read more

Personal Bio

I am no longer practicing at Crystal Run. I am terribly sorry for the trouble this temporarily creates for my...Read more

Dr. Hoffman's Experience

See how Dr. Hoffman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hoffman

Dr. Hoffman accepts 30 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hoffman has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hoffman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hoffman to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Hoffman's Performance
South Fallsburg, NY |
My experience with Dr. Hoffman was very positive. He is an extraordinary doctor who not only cares about each patients well being, but will take the time to explain the issues that are occurring. He ensures that you are in good hands. As a patient that has been to numerous different doctors I can say that he is defiantly the best and I am beyond glad to have found him. Without him I truly belief that my health would have gotten worse and I thank him immensely for work he has done thus far.
in Goshen, NY |
It is not very often that you find a Doctor who really cares about his patients and their care. My husband & I are both patients of Dr. Hoffman. Both of us have had medical issues that have had us using an Urologist for many years. I am so thankful that we are now patients of Dr. Hoffman. He always gives us all the time, attention and knowledge that we need for our medical problems. I feel very comfortable knowing that at anytime he will be there for us. I highly recommend Dr. Hoffman.
in Chester, NY |
Dr Hoffman has been mine and my wife's doctor for quite a few years. When we found out he left Crystal Run Healthcare, and no one would tell us why or where he went, we were very upset. I couldn't be happier that he is back with an office in Orange Regional.
in Newburgh ny |
Dr Hoffman is excellent he took care of my uncle when he was sick and I had a bad accident and I am now paraplegic he takes great care of me and all my needs his personality is also wonderful which goes a long way in the medical field give him a try and I guarantee u won't b dissapointed
in White Lake, NY |
I have spent over 25 years in the medical field and Dr. Hoffman is one of the finest, most knowledgeable doctors I have met. He is the only doctor I trust with my care, he is also known by another name to some of his patients which says it all, Saint Michael. If you have found him look no further, you have found the best there is.
in Binghamton NY |
The urologists I am familiar with have the patients return for procedures for several weeks until their kidney stones are destroyed. These people suffer intense pain. Thank God Dr Hoffman was practicing at UHS Binghamton NY. Dr Hoffman has a calm and reassuring manner. He didn't have me come to the hospital week after week hoping to distroy the stone. He took action and with a scope type instrument and distroyed the stone. This man has talent. I strongly recommend Dr Hoffman Frank D
in Windsor, NY |
Dr Michael E. Hoffman is an asset to the medical community and his quality of care is second to none. He explained all procedures and operations (to both me and my family) to the fullest and has an excellent bedside manner. He is kind, caring and straight forward. Most importantly, he is truly concerned about my quality of life.
in Deposit, NY |
Dr Hoffman was my doctor when I went to the emergency room with a kidney stone. He clearly explained the procedure he would perform to me and my husband. The treatment went well, just as he outlined. He was pleasant and kind, a fine example of his profession. We are happy to have had him as our doctor.
in Johnson City, NY |
I went with my wife to her appointment with Dr. Hoffman and then told him I have blood in my urine, I was examined immediately without an appointment, , scheduled for testing and successfully operated on a few days later, for removal of a malignant tumor in my bladder. Can you ever find any doctor who will respond and act according to your needs? I am now recovering with a plan in place for preventing reoccurrence of the tumor. I could not be more satisfied and grateful for his services.
in Washingtonville, NY |
Not only is Dr. Hoffman a great Urologist but has a comforting and sensitive bedside manner to boot. Had some issues that Dr. Hoffman took care of - did a great job and made my stay in the hospital comfortable and without stress. Can't recommend him enough.
in Warwick, NY |
I would follow Dr. Hoffman anywhere! It's not everyday that you find a dr that truly cares for his patients the way that Dr. Hoffman does. He takes the time to listen, treat appropriately. Dr. Hoffman goes above and beyond with every single patient making you feel truly important. He was always accessible to me, personable and warm. I can't say enough good things about him.
Middletown, NY |
No longer here but will be missed by all his patients .He totally explains things until you understand ..shows you in a diagram and never rushed you out of the office never.. I don't think I will ever find someone as compassionate an understanding as him. He really makes you know what is happening and what to expect at all times. I started taking my dad to him because he is excellent and now I have to start from square one again . So upset with CRHC.. Would recommend if he was still here.
in Middletown, NY |
Well Dr. Hoffman has left the area! I have spent 3 months with multiple kidney stones. I've been to the ER twice in GA visiting my daughter. Had 2 Catscans, and a failed Lithotripsey being punctured. I'm onto my 3rd doctor. I had Dr. Hoffman 2 years ago after meeting him in ORMC's ER. I have suffered for almost 20 years with stones. He is the most COMPASSIONATE doctor I ever had. A great loss to our area! I was so disappointed to learn he had left.
in Wallkill, NY |
My 92 year old mother is not easy to please when it comes to doctors. The one exception is Dr. Hoffman! She has been seeing him for 2 years since he came to her hospital room to talk to her about stent surgery for her kidneys. This procedure has improved her quality of life health-wise. Dr. Hoffman is the one doctor she does not mind going to see because he is so caring and friendly and she enjoys his humor. He has helped make her a healthier person and we recommend him highly!!
in Fallsburg, NY |
Awesome physician! Well educated, professional, friendly and listens. After consulting other physicians to no avail. Dr. Hoffman was able to start me on a course of therapy that works. I highly recommend him.
in Middletown NY |
He's a great doctor very understanding and caring he's always there if you need him he did my surgical procedure when I had a cluster of kidney stones and was great at explaining to me to not get them again he's the beat urologist in my area and wish he will come back to practice in my area he's missed by many best doctor ever
in Westtown, NY |
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Hoffman! I had the pleasure of being his patient when I was diagnosed with a kidney stone. Dr. Hoffman performed the surgery to remove the stone and was kind, considerate, and caring during the whole process. I received two calls to check on me after my surgery, TWO! That's unheard of these days! At my follow up appointment, he even had a plan laid out for the future, just in case I should experience the problem again. He is the best of the best!
in Middletown, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hoffman's for nearly ten years. I came to Dr. Hoffman after seeing various other doctors who seemed to not be able to determine exactly what was wrong and how to treat it. Dr. Hoffman listened to my symptoms and started me on a course of steps to resolve my issues. He continued to see me and monitor me until my issues were well under control. He is an extremely caring and sensitive doctor who takes the time to treat the patient as well as the symptoms.
in East Stroudsburg, PA |
I consider Dr. Hoffman a terrific urologist. In my opinion he saved my kidney. He is patient, explains everything and best of all he vastly improves your medical condition. He listens to your concerns.Sometimes there is a wait at your appointment time but that is because he actually talks to his patients, wants to be thorough and wants you to understand what is going on and what the plan is.
in Monroe NY |
Dr. Hoffman took care of some general problems I had and also performed 2 kidney stone surgeries. He is the most reassuring and compassionate doctor I have ever met. You know immediately that he actually cares. From the first time I visited, I felt confident that whatever needed to be done, he was the right one to do it. I feel very fortunate to have found him. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing his specialty. If I could give him 6 stars I would!.
in Liberty, NY |
Dr. Hoffman has been my urologist for about five years he is absolutely genuine. I was devastated to hear he was no longer at his practice. During my time as a patient of Dr. Hoffman he gave me a sense of security health wise. There was never a time when my symptoms where seen as inexplicable he always knew what to do to alleviate the pain and discomfort I live with. Trust is something that is earned not given, and he definitely earned my trust. He's a physician that I would highly recommend.
in Marlboro, NY |
Dr. Hoffman was incredibly professional with an excellent bedside manner. He immediately pin pointed and successfully treated my Bladder cancer. He gave excellent follow up care after my procedure. He is a caring and competent doctor who I highly recommend.
in Lake Ariel, PA |
I would, and do, whole-heartedly recommend Dr Hoffman. However, he has left Crystal Run Healthcare and I need to find him as I am in trouble again. He is the third Dr. in that practice that I have seen and the third time was the charm. I am not inclined to try a fourth.
in Campbell Hall NY |
Dr. Hoffman has been my urologist for about 7 yrs now and I can honestly say he is one of the best physicians I've used. As someone who has had reoccurring urinary issues it was important for me to find a physician who was experienced and proactive. I was very lucky to come across Dr Hoffman who has a wonderful bedside manner and always provides excellent care. I would definitely recommend him to someone who is looking for a urologist.
Dr Hoffman is the #1 Urologist I would EVER recommend 100% to my family and friends. His commitment is unsurpassed and unlike ANY other MD in a large group he TRULY cares about his patients. I was given follow up calls like NO OTHER MD has ever done. My symptoms were listened to, my fears alleviated, and my treatment plan was unsurpassed. I actually felt sorry to those I know that did NOT have Dr Hoffman, as he seemed to TRULY understand what I was personally going through. A true rarity in CR
in Ellenville, NY |
i have used dr.hoffman as my urologist for about 3 years and am completely satisfied with my treatment. he saved my life with his expert diagnosis and follow up surgical procedure for the removal of a malignant bladder tumor. i have been under his step by step follow up examinations and post cystoscope treatments( bcg) with excellent results. i find him to be a warm, compassionate and most caring individual and hope that he will continue to have me as his patient.
in Ellenville, NY |
Dr. Hoffman is a great Dr. He is thorough, precise and always compassionate. I have been a patient of his for approximately 5 years, and he has always been there for me. Always calls with results of tests and follows through.
Have you seen Dr. Michael E. Hoffman, MD?
Are you Dr. Hoffman?

Compare Dr. Hoffman

Dr. Hoffman says...

I am no longer practicing at Crystal Run.

I am terribly sorry for the trouble this temporarily creates for my patients.

As you know, I value our relationship and your care immensely and hope to have a new office soon.

In the meantime  - If you would like to contact me - My personal email is:

(urologydoctor at gmail dot com)

I look forward to continuing in helping with your care soon.

I am again sorry for this disruption.

Thank you for reaching out.

Michael Hoffman MD

Dr. Hoffman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hoffman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
  •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Hoffman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hoffman's Board Certifications

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Infertility
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux
  • Yeast Infections

Mount Sinai School of Medicine

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Hoffman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hoffman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology

• Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry