Dr. Michael Higgins, DO

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 38 reviews.
Arrogant! Dismissive!
One rude Dr
Author:
Dr Higgins is wonderful and a great staff team.
Author:
Seems to be a knownledgeable Dr.but does not fully explain or listen did not like our questions and walked out of room leaving us and assistant looking at each other, seems its his way or the highway, we took the highway.
Author:
Really friendly and helpful staff, clean, well organized office. That said, some other reviewers have complained about Dr. Higgins "bedside manner". All of the Ortho docs that have wired and screwed me back together over the years are like that. Very straight-forward, direct and no BS. You want them that way. Laser focused on fixing your broken hand, not holding it. If you want to talk and need a hug, go see your GP. If you need to have big needles stuck in your knees, go to this guy.
Author:
Dr. Higgins seems very caring and competent. I would rate him A+. His office staff, altough pleaseant lack conviction to the patient. After screwing up my request using one insurance over anotehr for a cost savings for me, I offered to pay cash out of pocket for treatment and they refused to allow me to see the doctor. THE OFFICE STAFF, MAINLY THE OFFICE MANAGER, WILL DESTROY THE DOCTORS BUSINESS.
Author:
Dr Higgins is awesome. Seen him multiple times for back, knee and wrist. To the people that said he was short with them. Hes a busy man and matter of factly. Hes a great surgeon and very down to earth.
Author:
Very nice staff. Dr. Higgins was very helpful. Answered all of my questions.
Author:
excellent Dr would never see any one else
Author:
Dr. Higgins came to the hospital to do an emergency consult on my 93 year old Mother on a Saturday morning at 6am. He spoke with both of us, explained his concerns and options, and his suggested treatment. He came in on Sunday to do surgery, spent time with our family afterwards, texted me, as I could not be there, and she was able to go home the next day. Because it was the 4th of July weekend, he then came to our home to check and change her dressing! Amazing care and concern!
Author:
Dr. Higgins is an awesome Ortheopaedic Surgeon. He has caring for my family for years and he really cares too. He is truly professional and knowledgeable. I am always confident that he will help me each time my family or I need him.
Author:
Unprofessional. Extremely abrupt and does not listen to his patients. Very unhappy with this Doctor. Staff was very polite. But Docror was like a bullet in and out of the room.
Author:
Short with patients. Quite rude. Does not explain anything. Came in room. Was short. And left. Glad I waited all this time for a appointment. NOT. Dont waste your time with this Dr.