Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Michael Hickham, MD
Dr. Michael Hickham, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Metairie, LA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Hickham is affiliated with East Jefferson General Hospital.

ENT Specialists of Metairie

4315 Houma Blvd Ste 401

Metairie, LA 70006

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Hickham

Dr. Hickham's Experience

Dr. Hickham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Allergy & Immunology, Otolaryngology and Sleep Medicine

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Sleep Medicine

• Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Down Syndrome
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Tulane University Hospital and Clinics
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Tulane University Hospital and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Hickham has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hickham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hickham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hickham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hickham to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hickham's Performance
Metairie, LA |
I will not return because his office is only about making money. He ordered a test and the only way he would give me results (which the technicians had told be was stellar) was for me to pay for another office visit. Every other doctor I have ever been to has picked up the telephone and call with test results but he refuses to and says that I have to come in so he can charge me more money. I will take the test results to a different ENT before I pay more money to this con job!
Midland, TX |
Dr. Hickham's quick and accurate diagnosis eased the worry that other doctors, who miss diagnosed me, caused. He even took the time to call me on the weekend to check in.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Hickham is an amazing doctor. I felt better before I even left his office! He spent a lot and he is very personable. I highly recommend!!!
Lafayette, LA |
I literally went years without breathing through my nose. Amazing and easy procedure! I feel so much better and have so much more energy. Why did I wait so long?! Thanks Dr. H! You and your staff are wonderful.
in Covington |
Thank you so much, Dr. Hickham! Pain is GONE!! I sincerely appreciate the time and thoroughness you took to find the real issue. I wished I had come in sooner. Your the best!
Baton Rouge, LA |
I, and both of my parents, are longtime patients of Dr. Hickham. I have always found him to be extremely knowledgeable, courteous and professional. Dr. Hickham always makes time for me and listens to me. That is a rarity these days. He's one of the very best doctors I know and I highly recommend him. I have also found his staff to be very nice and efficient.
in River Ridge |
Dr. Hickam is an amazing,caring and extremely patient doctor who has the bed side manner of a saint. Like many others have previously stated, he takes his time with each patient and makes even surgical procedures non-traumatizing(and that is an amazing talent). If you have any ENT issues I highly recommend going to Dr. Hickam. Moreover,his support nursing staff and office team are just as amazing as he is.
in Slidell, LA |
Your will never find a more brilliant, caring and compassionate doctor than Dr. Hickham. He is truly a very exceptional doctor who is very dedicated to giving outstanding treatment to his patients. He will spend as much time as needed and patiently answer all your questions. I had been misdiagnosed by several very well-qualified doctors before going to Dr. Hickham. Dr. Hickham was able to quickly and correctly diagnose my very rare problem. Thank you Dr. Hickham for saving my life.
in New Orleans, LA |
I have gone to Dr Hickham for sinuses. He always took the time to sit with me and answer any questions. I broke my nose recently in an accident and messed up my face pretty bad. He helped me get back to normal, treated me for my nose and connected me to further practitioners to assist with other specialties. He is a brilliant physician who really cares about his patients. He also performed surgery on my father, and our family wouldn't go to anyone else but Dr. Hickham!
in Marrero, LA |
Dr. HICKHAM is more about what He can sell you and what extreme and unnecessary procedures He can he do! Very disappointed and would not recommend!!!
in New Orleans, LA |
Excellent surgeon! My son's pediatrician recommended Dr. Hickham because of complications due to a minor deformity in his ear. Problem was permanently solved with surgery. Dr. Hickham was so patient - my 3 year old actually loves to see Dr. Hickham and gives him a big hug on our follow up visits!
in Plano, tx |
Dr.Hickham treated me for my vocal cords and was amazing! I have been dealing with this issue for yers and have been to multiple doctors. He was the only one who figured it out and was also super kind. Thanks doc!!!
in Metairie la |
He is an extroardinariy compassionate and brilliant doctor. He took the time to really try to understand what my problem was. He recommended balloon sinuplasty for my chronic sinus infections. It was an easy procedure that he did in the office. It changed my life! I no longer have to live with continual sinus infections. I can breath better than ever! I would highly recommend him!
in new orleans, orleans |
What a wonderful doctor! His staff was Very friendly and accommodating. He spent plenty of time me and could not have been nicer to my family. I highly recommend him!
in Slaughter, LA |
Dr. Hickham was the most compassionate physician I've ever encountered. He took the time to explain my condition to me and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
in Metairie, LA |
Last visit Dr. Hickman recommended surgery. This is what I got for the billed $188: a long wait to get this recommendation; I had to go to a desk computer for a look-see of the ct-scan; overly aggressive recommendation for a 65-year old; and, a failure to correctly explain surgery insurance costs/coverage -I did all the work, discovered that this practice was not atier 1 provider- it would have cost well over what my insurance (including Medicare) would EVER pay. Very disappointed!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Hickham, MD?
Are you Dr. Hickham?

See our Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist at St. Tammany Parish Hospital

Visit Dr. Hickham