Dr. Michael Helms, DPM

Podiatry ·  Male

Dr. Helms

Indy Podiatry, Indianapolis, IN

9240 N Meridian St Ste 260 Indianapolis, IN 46260

Dr. Michael Helms, DPM is a podiatry specialist in Indianapolis, IN. He graduated from Mt Sinai Medical Center and specializes in podiatry.

Dr. Helms accepts

Dr. Helms accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check Dr. Helms' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Bunion
  • Custom Made Foot Orthotic
  • Diabetic Foot Care
  • Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Treatment (EPAT)
  • Foot and Ankle Surgery
  • Foot Fracture
  • Hammer Toe
  • Nail Avulsion and Excision
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures
  • Toenail Fungus Laser Treatment
  • X-Ray

Doctor Helms has been delivering high quality foot and ankle care in the greater Indianapolis area since 1988. He completed his residency in 1988 at Mt Sinai Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio. He is board certified in foot surgery by the American Boa...

• Podiatry

Mt Sinai Medical Center

Dr. Helms' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Helms

4.0

Dr. Helms?
Dr. Helms' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Helms, DPM
My foot pain was to the point where it prohibited me from doing the activities I love to do like hiking. Additionally it impeded me from doing normal day to day activities such as walking without pain. Thanks to Dr. Helms, who I believe is an outstanding podiatrist, preformed a complicated foot surgery which was very successful. This surgery resulted in my abilities to return to my normal activities and do the things I love to do which I will forever be grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?
So far good. Only thing I would recommend is that he needs to slow down when talking with patients as it can inadvertently comes across as rather rushed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?
I’ve been seeing Dr Helms on a regular basis for several years now. He is very thorough but conservative. He doesn’t jump into surgery without trying other methods first. He & his staff are very personable & kind. He has performed surgery on my feet with excellent results & relief. I have recommended him to friends & family members.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?
I saw Dr. Helms for extreme foot pain after seeing another doctor who didn’t know what else to do except surgery. I didn’t want to have surgery so I was referred to Dr. Helms. He took his time hearing my concerns and really wanted understand the problem and not just the symptoms. He literally taped my foot up on a few different visits and my pain disappeared and over a year later still gone. It was difficult to put any kind of weight of my foot. He is literally a foot genius.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?
After office visit with Dr. Helms, I called 3 times with questions. Never once did I get a return phone call from him or an assistant. Dr. Is very quick and does not take his time in assessing patient and patient diagnosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?
Provider became angry when I expressed reservations about pursuing orthotics and told me he didn't want to waste his time and money on me. Provider did not describe orthotics to me, nor did the medical assistant know if insurance covered the product. If it is such a common procedure, one would think she would have some idea or would have given me the information at the prior visit so I could call my insurance company
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?
I had pain in the ball of my foot after starting up an exercise regimen. I went to Dr. Helms and he ordered an xray. It ended up I have a condition called capsulitis. We ended up treating by taping it, ordering orthotics, and finally a steroid injection. My pain is all completely gone now! I would recommend him, he really knows his stuff. The only thing I would have to say is that most of my appointments were always late. He did apologize to me about the wait on one office visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?
Dr. Helms is a fine doctor but his support staff is the reason for 1 star. They repeatedly fail to follow up on orders and prescriptions. It's inexcusable that the pharmacy should have to call the doctor's office and the patient due to no refill being called in. When we try to call the doctors office to ask them to please do their job we go straight to voice mail and are left unsure if we are going to be able to access the medications needed. Thiis has happened repeatedly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?
I had the best outcome possible with Dr. Helm's skill level! He is phenomenal at his art!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Helms, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Helms?