Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Michael Hein, MD
Dr. Michael Hein, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Lincoln, RI. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Hein is affiliated with Miriam Hospital, Roger Williams Medical Center, Our Lady of Fatima Hospital and Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island.

2 Wake Robin Rd Unit 207

Lincoln, RI 02865

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Hein

See how frequently Dr. Hein performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes Type 1
Thyroid Disease
Hypothyroidism

Dr. Hein's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• Ross University, Roseau
    Medical School | Graduated 1982

Dr. Hein has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hein to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Hein's Performance
in Woonsocket, RI |
Dr Hein is an exceptional worst doctor, I have ever visited in any country. bedside manners are zero ( A big Zero), wait time was 40 mins. Office Staff interaction was very bad and it will take ages to get reschedule an appointment. this office never call you back promptly. I don't know how such doctor exist in this competitive and fast phase life . This doctor prescribed the medication and never sent to the pharmacy, even after 8 days later and the no response even after multiple follow-up..
in Providence, RI |
Dr Hein is one of the best Dr's I have ever had. His attention to detail is excellent. His follow-up is exemplary. He is by far one on the best endocrinologist in the field. I have personally recommended him to my friends and family.
Lincoln, RI |
This Dr. is BEYOND condescending and rude. Found numerous nodules on my thyroid and verified I am textbook case of Hashimoto's then scheduled me to come back in 6 mos. When asked about the possibility of nodules being cancerous given my family history of thyroid cancer, Dr. said "What, do you want to have thyroid cancer?" I was shocked! Inquired about possible medications for my severe symptoms of hypothyroidism, gained 50 lbs in 8 mos, he refused, saying "You are only looking to lose weight."
in Woonsocket, RI |
Dr. Hein saved my life...literally. He correctly diagnosed and treated thyroid cancer 15 years ago and now I wouldn't dream of going to another endocrinologist. He is supportive, thorough and gives well reasoned explanations for his treatment decisions. He is the best!
in RI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hein for 15 years. He and his team have been nothing but professional. More than that, he truly cares. Dr. Hein tells it like it is. He does not sugar-coat things (pun intended). I like that about him. I do not go to a doctor to have them say things to me to make me feel good. I go to a doctor to have them ACTUALLY make me feel good. I have called at 3AM because of a problem, and spoken DIRECTLY to him! Not many doctors do that for you! I highly recommend him.
in Lincoln, RI |
Dr. Hien is a wonderful doctor. He is one of the smartest and most careful physicians I work with. Because of that, I feel confident in his diagnoses and treatments. Endocrinology is a very difficult and challenging field of medicine; Dr Hein is well suited to those challenges. His office is extremely well run, and he takes plenty of time to talk and explain treatment and care. Excellent office!
in RI |
I have been a patient of Dr Hein’s for over 10 years, starting when I was first diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I would highly recommend him. Dr Hein is serious about your health and helping you do what you need to do. It takes discipline to control diabetes. For me, he has always been the right blend of telling me what I’m doing right and what I need to improve. Pushing me when I need to be pushed. I may not want to hear what he has to say, but I know it’s in my best interests.
in Greenville, RI |
Dr Hein was very thorough and professional. He made me feel at ease and explained everything so that I was thoroughly educated on the topic and my particular problem with my thyroid. He showed a short clip on the thyroid which was excellent.
I saw Dr. Hein for the first time the other day and he was great. He is thorough and explained my condition in great detail! The staff is pleasant although the older woman who must be the office manager was not so friendly. She was talking down to the nice girl who checked me in at the window. Not to professional! Other then that I would definitely recommend Dr. Hein.
in Providence, RI |
I'm a nurse and formerly saw Dr. Hein for my T1 diabetes, which was well managed. Dr. Hein seemed professional early on, but became more arrogant, moody, and demeaning over time. When I started having symptoms of hypothyroidism and asked him to test me for it, he refused, saying, "you just want medication to lose weight" (False.) Sick of the unprofessional behavior and dismissiveness, I switched endocrinologists and was quickly found to have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism.
Lincoln, RI |
This DR has a terrible bedside manner. He treated me poorly and insulting on the phone. Has a complete inability to function with kindness. STAY AWAY
in Cumberland RI |
I've seen Dr. Hein for about 10-15 years and I know he's very strict with his clients but you know what he cares for your own good. He cares that your system works right. I personally took care of a diabetic and because he didn't want to follow his doctors suggestions little by little his muscles in all parts of his body started to fail and his feet, then his legs had to be removed due to gangarene, and he was always in pain. He died at the age of 39.
in Providence RI |
I had a visit with Dr. Hein, and have never in my life encountered such a rude and abrasive Dr. It was my first and last visit. To Boston, quick!
in Barrington, RI |
I have had a thyroid issue since I was 13 years and have been to MANY MANY doctors. I've been going to Dr. Hein for about 13 years and he was the only one who has ever gotten my thyroid condition under control, and I cannot thank him enough. He's the best in the business, I trust him implicitly and recommend him always.
in Smithfield, RI |
Visited center in Prov for possible thyroid issue. Have never met a more rude doctor in my life - not that I've known a slew of them. Do not put yourself through a visit with this man, I don't care how talented he is, no excuse for rudeness. No social skills whatsoever.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Hein, MD?
Are you Dr. Hein?