Dr. Michael Harrison, MD

Dr. Michael Harrison, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Dr. Michael Harrison, MD is a medical oncology specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine in 2004 and specializes in medical oncology.

20 Duke Medicine Cir

Durham, NC 27710

Learn about Dr. Harrison

See how frequently Dr. Harrison performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Secondary Malignancies
Kidney Cancer
Urinary Disorders

Dr. Harrison's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Harrison "I specialize in treating people with genitourinary (GU) cancers such as bladder prostate testicular and kidney cancer. I dont treat other types of cancer across the breadth of tumors like some oncologists in the community may such as blood cancer breast cancer or lung cancer. My focus has allowed me to gain deep expertise in GU cancers and to stay abreast of the newest treatment advances clinical research and so on for those specific GU cancers. As a medical oncologist I meet patients at one of the scariest moments of their lives. I try to help educate them to make a decision about their disease and its process and what their treatment options may be so we can come to a shared decision about what might be the best option. The teaching aspect really strikes home for me. Both of my parents are teachers. The root word for doctor in Latin means to teach. So that is something Im both naturally called to do and enjoy doing."

• Medical Oncology

• Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Tulane University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Tulane University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Wisconsin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Harrison has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harrison does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harrison and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harrison's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harrison to family and friends

Dr. Harrison's Performance

Dr. Harrison is kind and compassionate. He is able to explain things in a direct way while still conveying hope and optimism.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I recently saw Dr.Harrison and he did an outstanding job explaining and educating me about treatment options. Dr. Harrison took the time to answer my questions and was even excited himself about the treatment options available to me. I would recommend anyone with a GU cancer to Dr. Harrison.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Harrison managed to reverse the improvement in my condition. Chemo received from Mayo Clinic completely eliminated the pain I had in my right hip. I took my last treatment under Dr. Harrison's supervision on August 10, 2016 and underwent scans on Sept. 7, 2016. Dr. Harrison gave me on...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1