Dr. Michael Harris, MD

Dr. Michael Harris, MD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

A patient who feels at ease and informed is a patient who will experience their best results. Surgery can be a stressful experience, so my staff and I take the time to make every patient feel comfortable. I take the time to clearly review and discuss treatment options so that my patients can take an active part of their treatment process and feel their absolute best.

Dr. Harris has been practicing facial and oral surgery in Utah since 1998. In 2001, he designed and constructed the Utah Surgical Arts outpatient surgical facility, which is accredited by AAAHC. Dr. Harris and his wife enjoy living in Utah County and raising their six children in such a beautiful place. Dr. Harris has 23 years of experience specializing in all aspects of facial, reconstructive, cosmetic, and oral surgery, including dental implants, wisdom teeth removals, jaw surgery, and a variety of other cosmetic procedures.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Harris' Experience

Visiting Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Harris has admitting privileges.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Harris' Performance
    in Spanish Fork, UT |
    Dr. Harris has performed wisdom tooth extraction on four of my sons. Each procedure turned out flawless. He and his staff are professional and very caring. We have one more son who will need his wisdom teeth extracted in a few years so we will be returning to see Dr. Harris again. We recommend Utah Surgical Arts to everyone we know!
    Thank you for recommending our practice. We appreciate you sharing your great experience. Please tell your friends and family!
    in Orem Utah |
    Dr. Harris did a fine job on my daughters wisdom teeth removal. He is very sweet and very professional. Definitely 5 stars!
    Thank you for the 5-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing us.
    in Mapleton, UT |
    I'm a 47 year old male who for whatever reason did not have his wisdom teeth out earlier in life. I called Utah Surgical Arts in Provo and they took me in the same day since I was in pain. The other office I was scheduled with had me scheduled out a week for the proceedure. Dr Harris quickly extracted a breached 3rd molar along with a partially breached (impacted) molar on the other side and even at my age, I am feeling much better only after 24 hrs. Well on my way to healing up well.
    We are glad we were able to fit you into the schedule. We do our very best to accommodate patients' needs. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and leaving us a review.
    in Alpine, UT |
    Dr. Harris removed my 18-year-old son's wisdom teeth. Dr. Harris came out and said I think your son's filling came out when I was removing his teeth. We took our son to another dentist and he told us that his tooth was not missing a filling but was broken. Dr. Harris did not accept responsibility when he broke it, and became very hostile when we tried to find out what he was going to do to correct his mistake.
    Due to HIPAA laws, we cannot comment on your specific situation online, but please know that patient satisfaction and quality of care are our utmost priorities. If you would please phone our office to further discuss your situation, we can address your concerns directly.
    in Orem, UT |
    Dr. Harris and his staff are awesome!! Our boys both needed their wisdom teeth out and we scheduled them with highly recommended Dr. Harris. Everything went perfectly from the well trained staff to Dr. Harris who is very approachable, caring, and willing to answer any and all questions. The office is beautiful and everyone seemed genuinely interested in our care including follow up calls to see how the boys were. Both boys recovered remarkably well. We are so thankful to Dr. Harris and staff!
    Have you seen Dr. Michael Harris, MD?

Dr. Harris' Care Philosophy

Dr. Harris says...

Dr. Harris is certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Academic achievements include scholastic honors and multiple scientific research awards. His goal is to provide excellent surgical care in a comfortable environment.

Dr. Harris says...

Following his undergraduate work at Brigham Young University, Dr. Harris chose to pursue the artistic science of facial, oral, and cosmetic surgery in the 'European tradition,' where specialization in facial surgery requires both a medical and dental degree. He completed his medical degree and residency training at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. He received his dental degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska.

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Facial Trauma

Creighton University / School of Dentistry
      University of Texas Health Science Center
      University of Texas Health Science Center
      Brigham Young University

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery