Dr. Michael Harkins, MD

Dr. Michael Harkins, MD

General Surgery | Male

Dr. Michael Harkins, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Tomball, TX. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Harkins is affiliated with Tomball Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Harkins' Experience

See how Dr. Harkins' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Harkins

Dr. Harkins accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Harkins has admitting privileges.

Dr. Harkins' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harkins to family and friends
Dr. Harkins' Performance
in Houston, TX |
I was very happy with every aspect of my time with Dr. Harkins and his staff. The operation was a real easy thing. James A. Shannon III
Spring, TX |
My family member is a patient of Dr. Harkins. She has had many complications since the original surgery. Each time she knew something was wrong she had notified Dr. Harkins office. They took 1-2 weeks to get back to her. She's now has had 2 surgeries and back in the hospital. We are very disappointed in Dr. Harkins post surgical care and his offices. Not only has it caused an ambundance of stress to her but also her husband. He's had to be hospitalized for his heart from the stress.
in Tomball, TX |
Very professional and friendly environment.
in Tomball |
Bad diagnosis, but great outcome and experience with Dr. Harkins.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Harkin and staff have good bed side manner
in hockley,tx |
Dr.Harkin and everyone in office treated me great,thanks for the treatment.
in Magnolia, Tx |
Dr. Harkins did an amazing job on my surgery and came in with barely any notice. I would definitely go to him again for any procedures.
in Sealy, TX |
he was great. Explained the procedure and what to expect. Told me about the pain and discomfort and he was spot on. The procedure was successful and I am very happy.
in Spring, TX |
Nothing to it. Wish I hadn't spent so much time worrying and putting it off. You'd think Dr. Red Duke was performing the surgery with all the praise at Methodist gave him during pre-op. Dr. Harkins was recommended by my friend Dr. Scott Rand that runs the sports medicine department at Methodist Willowbrook and is also Simone Biles doctor. These guys know their stuff!
in Magnolia T.X |
The doctor and the staff were great.Surgery better than expected.One of better experiences.Thank you Dr.Harkins.
in Magnolia, TX |
Very Professional, Very Knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend him to someone else.
in Houston, TX |
Very good, the surgery went well and smoothly, recovery so far has been great. I am very pleased overall with his performance.
in Houston, TX |
Saw Dr. Hawkins to have my gallbladder removed! Everything went smoothly with surgery, and even was quick to see me post op for what I thought was the beginning of an infection. Though he accepts our insurance, he is out of network for our policy, so we almost cancelled our appointment. His scheduler explained that he works with every one price. I was a little skeptical, but he worked with us at in-network pricing!! He and all of his staff is very friendly and knowledgeable!!
in Magnolia, TX |
excellent care, friendly staff, quick appointments and ease of scheduling surgery. Dr. Harkins had been recommended to me by both the ER MD and by a friend that had required a similar surgery.
in Nacogdoches, Tx 75964 |
Would definitely recommend Dr. Harkins and his entire staff. The experience was great, everyone was very friendly and accommodating while getting everything done as needed. I live 2 hrs. away and it was definitely worth the trip.
Tomball, TX |
All comments with respect to the surgery, its duration and the healing process afterwards have been right on the mark. It was my first general anesthesia surgical procedure and Dr. Harkins communication was direct and easy to understand.
Houston, TX |
I'm so grateful to Dr. Harkins make me feel confidence to have done my surgery .My recovery was so fast and he is a very excellent Dr. explaining the procedure very well and talk to you before and after surgery. Thanks Dr. Harkins
in Tomball,TX |
Dr. Harkins not only an incrediable surgeon , but truly cares deeply about all of his patients. I would certainly recommend him to everyone that needs medical care.
in Tomball, TX |
Once I got the diagnosis that I had a hernia, I went to the best, smartest doctor that I know in northwest Houston, and asked him for couple of recommendations. He gave me only one, Dr. Harkins. He is so proficient at the robotic surgery that I had to sign releases for two other doctors who were going to watch and learn from his techniques. He is a regular guy, and a great surgeon. I was very fortunate to have friends that watch out for me, and make sure that I am taken care of by the best.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. H is very well trained and skilled with a lot of experience with hernia repairs. His staff are all very caring and compassionate. They made surgery as easy as possible.
in Spring, Texas |
My Overall experience was Wonderful! I would Highly recommend Dr. Harkins and his staff.
in Tomball, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Harkins to my friends & family because he does an excellent job and he is very good at what he does!
in Tomball, TX |
Very thorough office staff and procedures.
in Tomball, TX |
I love Dr. Harkins and his NP Diana, they are both so caring, knowledgeable and patient. They both take the time to explain every procedure. Dr. Harkins took out my gallbladder and repaired my hernia. I also sent my son to see Dr. Harkins because I knew he would be in very good hands.
in Tomball, TX |
Everything was good except the follow up. No one called me, I needed to make an appointment to find out the surgery results. IN the office visit, I had the feeling the doctor did not want to talk to me. His nurse did an excellent job though. To rate a 5 the doctor should have explained the situation to me personally
in Tomball, TX |
I had emergency surgery for my appendix and he was very informative an answered all my questions without rushing me. His surgical team was wonderful.
in Cypress, Tx |
Dr. Harkins was recommended by a coworker. He is excellent, explained the procedure in depth. My surgery was a piece of cake and healed very nicely. Thank you for all that you and your staff do for their patients.
in Tomball, TX |
Great experience .I had an emergency situation and Dr.Harkins took care of it right away. Thank you
in Tomball, TX |
I had a great experience with Dr. Harkins, but more importantly, with all of his staff and with associates that were brought in as part of my surgery. From the very first phone call to the last visit, each and every person that I dealt with was friendly, efficient, and caring. Dr. Harkins and staff were particularly caring with a personal issue that made some of my treatment more sensitive for me, and I never experienced any judgment, only a desire to be sure I was as comfortable as possible!
in Magnolia, Tx |
Fast, friendly, and an overall excellent experience.
in Hockley, TX |
Dr. Harkins listened very carefully to my issues and explained in detail why the issued occurred, explained the procedure in detail, explained the post-surgery details, the healing process and what I could expect thereafter. A very personable doctor who made me feel like I was a family member. I would highly highly refer Dr Harkins to family, friends and coworkers. An amazing doctor and superb staff.
in Tomball, TX |
He really took the time to educate me about what was happening that led me to him and what he would be doing to help.
in Tomball, TX |
I appreciate Dr. Harkins taking his time to listen to my concerns before my gallbladder surgery. He thoroughly explained the process, and I felt more at ease. After surgery I experience normal pain, but the pain medicine helped. The next day after surgery I was up walking around and able to move comfortably, but I also made sure to rest and take care of myself watching what I ate afterward. I'm feeling like my old self again. Overall, the experience was not bad at all.
in MAGNOLIA |
Dr. Harkins’ bedside manner was fantastic, and he always made sure to answer all of our questions. From my perspective, he truly took a personal interest in the health and well-being of my wife which was unique from other experiences with different surgeons. Dr. Harkins is a strong advocate for using wound vacuums, and after I did my research, I can understand why. They reduce post-op infections significantly. My wife had a prior surgery at a different facility, and it wasn’t used.
in Pinehurst, TX |
Dr. Harkins was great through the whole pre and post surgery process. He even saw me twice to help me work through my fears and anxiety. I appreciate his professionalism and caring attitude. He made me feel like an individual, not a number. I would recommend him to anyone needing surgery1
in Tomball, TX |
Dr Harkins was excellent during this whole process of my surgery .. the staff was excellent any time I had any question they were there to answer all my question.
in Plantersville, TX |
The staff was very understanding about my financial situation and helped me work out a way to take care of my medical needs. I never felt slighted or talked down to(which I have experienced before). Procedure went great, and I am healing quickly. Thank You!
Tomball, TX |
Would highly recommend Dr. Harkins! Staff is friendly. He took the time to answer all my questions regarding my gallbladder surgery and everything went according to plan.
in Tomball, TX |
Dr. Harkins is a fabulous surgeon that explained the procedures well. The outcome was better than expected because of his attention to details.
in Bellville, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Harkins because of his expertise in robotic surgery which was non-invasive and quick in recovery time. Very little pain following the surgery. Dr. Harkins is very professional and personable as he explained the procedure in advance making me feel completely at ease and confident in the procedure. The staff is also very friendly and efficient. All in all my experience with Dr. Harkins and his staff was exceptional.
in Spring Tx |
Excellent doctor! Was recommended by a friend and was extremely pleased with his explanation of the procedure and the entire process and what to expect pre-surgery and post-op.
in Tomball, TX |
listened then took care of the problem promply.
in Tomball, TX |
In one word a life saver. Dr. Harkins preformed my surgery flawlessly and my recover was rocky but because of his follow up and further after care. my recover was great. I would great recommend Dr. Harkins to anyone that wants the best and a great follow up care.
in Tomball, TX |
Dr. Harkins explains in detail what to expect for the procedure and answers questions and addresses all concerns. His staff is excellent. I was very confident during the entire experience from beginning to end.
Tomball, TX |
excellent job on my inguinal hernia repair. the incisions are really small.
in Tomball, TX |
Dr. Harkins is a highly trained surgeon that answered all of my questions. I was scared to do the gallbladder removal surgery but he made sure I was at ease and was patient with me. The surgery was quick and I am recovering well. I will recommend him to friends and family!
in Magnolia, TX |
My experience with Dr. Harkins was amazing! He's not only an excellent surgeon, but a very kind, caring and compassionate man. He performed my gallbladder surgery, and I did very well under his care, and now have a new lease on life. I'm very thankful to God that I was directed to his office for surgery. I also credit Dr. Harkins with saving my mother's life several years ago, when he correctly diagnosed her gallbladder as the cause for her sepsis, and promptly removed it.
in Tomball, TX |
Great care and takes time to explain everything.
in Spring, TX |
I had an emergency surgery which was my first surgery ever. I was overwhelmed by how support his staff, the hospital and all parties were involved in my procedure. The entire process was explained to me in detail which comforted me for the procedure. Mr. Harkins is one of the top GI doctors and I would highly recommend him.
in Tomball, TX |
Nice well mannered, polite, honest, professional staff. Answered question I had and even gave info about things I didn't know to ask.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Harkins, MD?
Are you Dr. Harkins?

Compare Dr. Harkins

Dr. Harkins' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Harkins has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Harkins' Board Certifications

Louisiana State University

Graduated in 1985

University Of North Dakota / Main Campus

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Harkins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harkins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Skin Grafts