Dr. Michael Hamant, MD

Dr. Hamant
Telehealth services available

Lynnell P Gardner MD PC

6761 E Tanque Verde Rd Ste 6 Tucson, AZ 85715

Dr. Michael Hamant, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Tucson, AZ and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with Saint Joseph's Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hamant to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Hamant treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Hamant's conditions and procedures:

• Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Wrist Sprain or Strain

Dr. Hamant accepts

Dr. Hamant accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Hamant's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hamant

2.5

Dr. Hamant

Dr. Hamant always gives me plenty of time to discuss issues, he never rushes me. He has found solutions for problems that have stumped other doctors. He always responds quickly to questions I send him through his online portal, sometimes even on weekends. I am grateful for his care.
J. Wolf – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Hamant, MD?
First visit, we asked questions and got a lecture for each question. Then, Dr. Hamant accepted a PERSONAL phone call right in the middle of our visit, in the exam room. Then he made another personal call to his wife. No "excuse me" or anything, either! Then the staff calls up my husband with test results and erroneously tells my husband he has cancer, scaring the crap out of both of us!!!! Thankfully, he doesn't have cancer, but the stress of those couple of days was huge and unnecessary. This last visit, since we have not found another doctor yet, he just walked out of the room without saying "OK, you're done," or anything. We had to ask him (at his desk) if we were finished. He just said "yes, you're done." The staff is unapologetic and completely unprofessional, and incompetent, too. Exam table stained too.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Hamant, MD?
Dr. Hamant was rude. He was insulting, impersonal and intimidating. It was awkward sitting in the room with him. He didn't smile once. I was surprised yet saddened at the way he spoke to me and interacted with me. I don't see him again. As soon as I got home I searched for a new PCP. This was my first and last appointment with him.
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Shelly Thomas in Tucson – Dec 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Hamant, MD?
I have been seen Dr Hamant almost a year now. He has helped me immensely. I find him compassionate and caring. Anytime I leave a message for him I get a response quickly. The office is accommodating. I am thankful a friend referred me to him. I have referred friends to him.
Rita R. in Tucson, AZ – Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Hamant, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hamant?
Provider explaining information to patient