Dr. Michael Ham, MD

Dr. Michael Ham, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Kokopelli Eye Institute 2820 N Glassford Hill Rd Ste 101 Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 Get Directions

A native of Nebraska, Dr. Ham graduated from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln in 1990 and its Medical Center in Omaha in 1994. As a medical student, Dr. Ham provided care at the University of Arizona Medical Center and at a community hospital and clinic in Belize, Central America.

He served his internship and received his specialty training in Ophthalmology at the Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation in New Orleans. During this time, he studied at five different clinics/hospitals under 22 different physicians, receiving the most comprehensive training available. He also served as the sole physician for an island off the coast of Honduras, Utila.

Dr. Ham, a board-certified surgeon, performs a variety of eye surgeries and treatments including Instant Vision Cataract Surgery, laser glaucoma surgery, laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy and eyelid Blepharoplasty and related plastic eye surgery. Dr. Ham is committed to staying abreast of the latest changes in ophthalmic eye care and surgery. The Institute is dedicated to expanding knowledge of eye care issues through education directed at both healthcare professionals and the community at large.

Dr. Ham has been a practicing ophthalmologist and eye surgeon for over 20 years, performing nearly 20,000 surgeries in both the Phoenix area and Prescott/Prescott Valley.

Dr. Ham is married with three children. He supports the communities he lives and works in, providing both human and financial resources to local causes and charities.

He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Medical Association, the American College of Surgeons and the Arizona Medical Association.

Dr. Ham's Experience

See how Dr. Ham's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ham

Dr. Ham accepts 24 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ham has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ham's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ham to family and friends
Dr. Ham's Performance
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Ham is a well-respected and good surgeon but should do something about the absurdly long wait times for patients. It appears it's just become routine to wait upto 2 hours. This doesn't work for me. (Surgery scheduling is more efficient.)My time is valuable and I don't feel it's respected.
Prescott, AZ |
GREAT AMAZING DOCTOR
Goodyear, AZ |
The staff are friendly and courteous. Although I feel the office over schedules to many patients. And my wait times were 2 and 3 hours long. Which leaves the doctor little time with patients. Overall my care was good, but the wait times I do not want to experience again.
in Surprise |
I appreciate the care Dr Hamm and all of the staff provided me. My first eye is done and second in 4 weeks no pain answered all my questions If I had three eyes I would get the third one done with him also Only a talented few could do what he does
in Prescott, AZ |
Excellent. I've seen some of the very best opthalmologists in southern California and can guarantee any patient that Dr. Ham is hands-down probably right up there with the very best of them (if not better). What a surprise to move to a small community like Prescott Valley and find a physician with his knowledge, temperment and qualifications.
in Prescott, AZ |
While I am fairly confident that the examination and diagnosis were correct, I am unhappy with the general demeanor of Dr. Ham and his staff. I was treated very impersonally and never received one smile from either Dr. Ham nor even one of the four staff persons with whom I interfaced. I had the distinct feeling that I was being processed through a production line. Even the seating in the waiting area is set up with rows of chairs facing a TV screen - reminding me of a budget theater.
in Paulden, AZ |
Dr. Ham and his staff were very professional. They answered all my questions and made me feel confident. I am a big chicken and the way they have treated me made me feel at ease. I have told many people it was easy. I felt no pain. When I went for the next eye I was very calm and not afraid at all. Thank you, I can see VERY well. Thank You, Mary E.
in Prescott Vallely, AZ |
Pleasant, knowledgeable, efficient, professional. Listened to my concerns and needs, and adjusted treatment accordingly.
in Prescott Valley, AZ |
Quick and easy cataract surgery with no complications. Fast scheduling. Completely covered by Medicare except eye drops.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Ham was very personal, honest and caring. The operation takes about 5 minutes and was a wonderful experience. He gave me 20/20 in my right eye and two days ago did my left eye for close up vision. I now have mono vision and love it. An Excellent Dr. who cares about doing the best possible job obtainable. Wilfred
in Chino Valley, AZ |
I?m a retired Director of Management Consulting from one of the largest consulting corporation in the world. You can usually tell the health of an organization by its people, processes, professionalism, and facilities. I have used Dr. Ham?s services for my annual eye exams and just recently for cataract surgery. He and his people are skilled professionals that use well thought out processes and facilities to meet their clients? needs and expectations. They do excellent work!
in Prescott, AZ |
The Dr. always greets you with a hand shake and looks you in the eyes. He is pleasant but gets right to business with the exam. I ran into some difficulty and he gave me options and guided be through my decision. I was pleased with the outcome and would recommend him whole heartily.
in Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Ham removed and changed the lens on both my eyes a month apart because of cararacts. I was given detailed written instructions for before and after the two surgeries with follow up visits the next day and a week later. Everything was organized and clearly explained, so that I felt very comfortable with the procedures. I now have new glasses and can see clearly with sharp vision. I could not be more satisfied.
in Prescott, AZ |
Very personable and has done many thousands of these procedures.
in Prescott, AZ |
I explained my problem to Dr. Ham. He told me it was cataracts. Surgery was necessary. He patiently answered my questions. There was no problem with the right eye. One month later I had the left eye done. Surgery went well. The next morning I went in for the 24-hour check up. I had difficulty reading the chart. I was frantic! Dr. Ham examined the eye. The cornea was swollen. He instructed me to continue with the drops and all would be fine. Three cheers for Dr. Ham. I could see!
in Prescott Valley, AZ |
Dr. Ham was short and to the point. The first wait for left eye surgery was in Prescott Valley, very little waiting. The second wait for right eye was in Prescott, about 45 min. wait (had to park on the street) both surgeries were quick, both eyes are clear and I don't have to wear glasses after 60 yrs.
in Prescott Valley, AZ |
Dr. Hamm was researched by me prior to him performing surgery on both my cataracts. My experience has been terrific. No complications and my vision and color perception vastly improved. I would recommend him to any of my family members. He displayed great interest towards myself and the procedure. If you required his services you will be more than pleased.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Ham, MD?
Are you Dr. Ham?

Compare Dr. Ham

}

Dr. Ham says...

Dr. Ham's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Ham has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ham's Board Certifications

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

Ochsner Hospital

Completed in 1998

University Of Nebraska-Lincoln

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Ham does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ham and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology