Dr. Michael Haglund, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Duke Spine Center 40 DUKE MEDICINE CIR Ste 1C Durham, NC 27710 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Haglund, MD
Dr. Michael Haglund, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Haglund is affiliated with Duke Health Raleigh Hospital and Duke University Hospital.

Dr. Haglund's Care Philosophy

Im an epilepsy surgeon and specialize in waking up patients during the middle of the surgery so we can check their language area and remove the epileptic area. We also have a new cutting-edge procedure thats just come out involving laser ablation. Its basically outpatient brain surgery. You make a tiny hole in the back of the skull to remove the hippocampus something that used to take six hours of surgery that now takes about 45 minutes and you go home the next day. My other specialty is cervical and lumbar spine disease mainly cervical. Ive done over 4700 cervical procedures since Ive been at Duke about 300 a year. Before surgery I think its important to sit down with patients and discuss the images of their condition. We take time to show them their films and go over everything with them then make sure weve outlined what their surgery is going to involve. One of the things Duke has thats very important is the Duke Spine Center a team that comes together to provide a complete range of outstanding spine care including conservative care surgical approaches and follow up.

Dr. Haglund's Experience

See how Dr. Haglund's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Haglund

Dr. Haglund accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Haglund is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Haglund has admitting privileges.

Dr. Haglund's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Haglund to family and friends
Dr. Haglund's Performance
No follow through or follow up after major cervical spine operation. Treats in cookie cutter fashion. Doesn't listen. His team does everything they can to prevent you from seeing him after surgery. Cavalier. Doesn't fix his mistakes. Terrific before surgery. Terrible after surgery. Shoddy notes.
in Kinston, NC |
Dr. Haglund is an amazing surgeon who, through his God-given skills, has greatly improved my quality of life following my laser brain surgery. His concern is absolutely genuine. I thank God for leading me to him.
in Chapel Hill, NC |
I was very scared about my neck and back surgery. Doctor Haglund acted like he had all the time in the world for me as he answered my every question again and again. I felt as if I was his only patient and that he really cared for me and for my well being. As I was being prepped for surgery I was praying silently that all would go well. Get this.... Doctor Haglund came to see me one more time before I was wheeled in to surgery. Not to talk to me, not to talk to my husband, but to pray over me.
in SANFORD, NC |
Dr. Haglund is an excellent surgeon, but he is also a very compassionate man. He was very thorough in explaining my diagnosis, as well as showing me my films with understandable details, and discussing the plan for treatment. His prayer just before my surgery was wonderful and I knew that our Lord was with us both. Very high recommendations. I am so thankful for the referral that led me to him.
in Oak Island, NC |
He is very professional and straightforward with his care and treatment. I had three cervical vertebrae fused and it was tough for the first two weeks. After a month, it was better and progressively got better. It's been a year now and I am so glad it was done and I have nothing but tremendous respect and appreciation for Dr. Haglund.
in Roanoke Rapids, NC |
I would recommend this doctor to anyone with an injury in the spine!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Haglund, MD?
Are you Dr. Haglund?

Compare Dr. Haglund

Dr. Haglund's Care Philosophy

Dr. Haglund's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Haglund has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Haglund's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Chiari's Deformity

University Of Washington Affiliated Hospitals

Completed in 1994

University Of Washington Hospitals

Completed in 1995

Dr. Haglund does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Haglund and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neurostimulation