Dr. Michael Gutierrez, MD

Dermatology | Male

Dr. Michael Gutierrez, MD
Dr. Michael Gutierrez, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Davenport, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Gutierrez is affiliated with Orlando Regional Medical Center and Florida Hospital Orlando.

Dr. Gutierrez's Care Philosophy

Choosing the right dermatologist is an important decision. When people think of a dermatologist, many imagine someone who treats acne or skin cancer, but at Mid Florida Dermatology, we believe that dermatology is more than skin deep. We understand that when you choose a dermatologist, you're also choosing the staff and facilities as well. All of our dermatology offices in the Central Florida area combine expert skin care with a personal touch.

Dr. Gutierrez's Experience

See how Dr. Gutierrez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gutierrez

Dr. Gutierrez accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Gutierrez is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gutierrez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gutierrez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gutierrez to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Gutierrez's Performance
Orlando, FL |
Gutierrez is grossly inattentive. On a first and last visit to him for acne problems, I provided a list of medicines that had previously been ineffective. Mikey (I won't call him Doctor) did not take the time to review the list and prescribed two of the same medications. I might expect something like that from an intern at the end of a 36 hour shift, but not for a two minute consultation.
in Orlando, FL |
Michael Gutierrez, MD is an exceptional doctor with a great bedside manner! My father was very apprehensive about going to the dermatologist. Several people recommended Dr. Gutierrez. I got him an appointment within a couple days. The process was easy, and we didn't wait 10 minutes to see the doctor! We actually SAW the doctor within 10 minutes!!! Dr. Gutierrez is very efficient and my father was pleased. I highly recommend Dr. Gutierrez.
Orlando, FL |
Outright rude and bossy attitude. Didn't listen to find out what's wrong. He shouldn't be allowed to practice.
in Maitland, FL |
I have been a patient at Mid Florida Dermatology for 16 years. I have always been impressed with the care that has been given to me. I have been going to the office in Altamonte Springs on Maitland Ave. The receptionist made me feel welcomed. Mickelle Riley the nurse practitioner was extremely though with me. Living in Florida is definitely a concern with sun exposure, Mickelle is professional, well informed, friendly and I definitely felt like I received excellent care. Thank you!
in Orlando, FL |
After one minute in his office for a follow-up, he expressed in a rude manner that he will not waste his time trying to find out the cause of my eczema. It could be anything. And he walked away. The first consult lasted two minutes.
in Davenport, FL |
Went to get yearly check up. I was a new patient. I saw the PA, what a disappointment . I was with her all of 10 minutes. If had anything she wouldn't of found it. What a waste of time.
in Apopka, FL |
the worst doctor I have seen..I would never recommend him .
in Kissimmee, FL |
Dr rushes and is rude. Staff doesn't seem to be prepared - several mistakes made
in Orlando, FL |
This was a very bad experience. Has no as a professional ethic, also besides that the lack of respect with empathy and time spent with patients is very minimal. My appointment only lasted 3 minutes. Dr. Gutierrez didn't seem to have any interest in me as a patient. I left rushed out of the consultation, I do not recommend this doctor.
in Orlando, FL |
He insisted that I needed to have biopsies on 8 moles. I'm sure he makes money for each mole that comes off. I knew this was crazy. After two second opinions, I had one mole removed. One of the other doctors even guessed that it was Gutierrez who wanted to biopsy so many moles. He apparently has a reputation.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Gutierrez was curt, condescending, and showed no interest in anything I had to say. All I needed was a quick check-up and script refill as my previous derm now only offers cosmetic services. He kept insisting I could treat my acne with OTC medicine, even after telling him I've tried everything over the past 25 years to no avail, hence seeking medical help. Thank goodness for his med asst. Amanda! She was amazing in actually LISTENING to me and ANSWERING my questions in a professional manner.
Altamonte Springs, FL |
I have nothing really pleasant to say about this doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Gutierrez, MD?
Are you Dr. Gutierrez?

Compare Dr. Gutierrez

Dr. Gutierrez's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gutierrez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Board actions found

Board Action

Dr. Gutierrez has 1 board action

• Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (12/31/2012)
    • Action Taken: Release from Prior Order
    • Summary: Dr. Michael M. Gutierrez; License # ME50355; Case # 2009-10381; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician previously on 02-16-2012 entered into a Settlement Agreement with the Florida Board of Medicine. ACTION TAKEN-Obligations Satisfied
    • State: Florida

Why It Matters: Dr. Gutierrez's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Charity Hospital

Completed in 1987

University of New Orleans

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Gutierrez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gutierrez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology