Dr. Michael Gurevich, MD

Addiction PsychiatryMaleAge 71

Addiction Psychiatry

Dr. Michael Gurevich, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Glen Head, NY. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Michael Gurevich, MD

Dr. Michael Gurevich

997 Glen Cove Ave Glen Head, NY 11545

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Dr. Gurevich treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Gurevich's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Herbst® Appliance
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Substance Abuse

Dr. Gurevich accepts

Dr. Gurevich's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gurevich

4.0

Dr. Gurevich

I was really hopeful in finding Dr. Gurevich as a holistic psychiatrist to help me uncover other reasons driving my depression, as well as more natural ways to heal. However I've been disappointed in Dr. Gurevich and his staff. 1) Dr. Gurevich shared a potential diagnosis that was very "out there" and then recommended a very expensive treatment. While the diagnosis wasn't not believable, he couldn't share how he reached that diagnosis and how we confirm it before spending a lot of money on treatment. Patients want to understand a physician's thought process and feel confidence and trust from their physician. I didn't walk away with that...he needs to spend time explaining his thinking. 2) After having 14 bottles of blood taken, Dr. Gurevich's staff called me to understand what labwork we should do and why. Shouldn't the doctor know that, not the patient?
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gurevich, MD?
Excellent doctor who takes the whole picture into account and doesn't just pull out his pad to write prescriptions. Dr. Gurevich is a gifted healer in the true sense of the word. His staff is the also wonderful, welcoming and accommodating, overall a great experience.
Satisfied patient – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gurevich, MD?
Dr. Gurevich literally saved my life. If my parents hadn’t miraculously found him I would still be loaded up on psych medications and stuck in life because I could not perform well in school while I was taking the medications. Before Gurevich I had many doctors tell me that I would be on medications for the rest of my life and that I needed to accept this new normal, despite all the negative side effects of these drugs impairing my ability to live life happily. Doctor Gurevich gave me hope and insisted that I could learn how to implement certain disciplines and understand how my illness affected me so that one day I could be drug free. After a couple years working with him, he started to ween me off the medications while teaching me to use various supplements to keep my chemistry in check. I have been drug free since 2016 and since going back to school I have been getting good grades and have been truly enjoying life again. This is a must see doctor for those who want healing!
Alex – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gurevich, MD?
Dr Gurevich is unique in his approach to psychiatry combining many fields of medicine and healing techniques to cure the underlying cause of the mental imbalance. Realizing that mental symptoms result from a disruption of balance in the body, he treats the whole body while carefully monitoring the proper levels of medication necessary to maintain stability and reduce dependence on drugs. He cured my Bipolar, weaned me off drugs and now am free of my symptoms as well. Well worth the effort. Cured
Brooklyn, NY – Apr 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gurevich, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gurevich?

• Addiction Psychiatry