Dr. Michael Guo, MD

Dr. Michael Guo, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Michael Guo, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Stony Brook, NY. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

2500 Nesconset Hwy Bldg 5B

Stony Brook, NY 11790

• CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Fidelis Care
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Guo

See how frequently Dr. Guo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
Autonomic Disorders
Nerve Block, Somatic

Dr. Guo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Guo "Dr. Guo will provide excellent care for his Pain Management and Neurology patients. After extensive fellowship training from Columbia University in NYC, Dr Guo has been practicing Neurology and Pain Management in Long Island for over a decade. Dr Guo is board certified in Pain Management, Neurology, EMG Test, and Neuromuscular diseases. In addition, Dr Guo is licensed in Acupuncture. Our office is currently offering Pain Management Clinic, EMG Test, Neurology Consults, and Acupuncture Clinic."

• Pain Medicine

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Foot Pain
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Rasmussen's Syndrome
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Neurological Testing
  • Pain Management
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Hunan Med University
  • Tufts New England
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Columbia University-Presby Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Guo has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Guo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guo to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Guo's Performance
in Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Guo is an great doctor. He is an expert in neurology, and utilizes several different modalities of pain management, including acupuncture. In my case, he patiently worked to treat my lower back and hip pain. He utilizes a “hands on” approach rather than using assistants to perform tests. Over the years I have found Dr Guo to be patient and caring, and he spends an adequate amount of time with me, answering questions and explaining his treatment plan. The office staff is always pleasant an
in Setauket, NY |
Dr Guo has helped with my nerve pain and is currently helping with my tr eat meant. He is a wonderful and caring Dr. who wants to treat the cause, not just alleviate the pain. A big help to me.
Garden City, NY |
Dr Guo treated my back pain with injection and acupuncture and after about 5 weeks, my back pain was completed cured. Great doctor and highly recommended for my friends.
in Coram New York |
Dr. Gou is an amazing doctor of neurology. I came to him with Bells Palsy and I looked horrible. My entire right side of my face was drooping and my eye teared. Additionally, I could not talk well as I had no use of mouth. He was encouraging and friendly, always making me feel comfortable and full of hope. Presently I have about 85 percent of my face functioning and a full recovery is impending. He used acupuncture as a therapy for a cure. I am thankful that my internist recommended him.
Stony Brook, NY |
I was in severe pain for over 6 months when I met Dr. Guo, caused by a 3 car motor vehicle accident which occurred in Late 2015. I could not heal. I did months of physical therapy and doctor visits but nothing helped me until I met Dr. Guo. I had neurological testing with him, pain management, Acupuncture, prolo therapy injections for my neck, shoulder and back pain which continue to date. He has been a life saver for me. I was unable to functure due to severe pain. I highly recommend him
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
Dr. Guo was able to successfully treat my arm and foot pain through various methods. I no longer need to take pain medication to get through the day and I'm sleeping better at night. I would definitely recommend Dr. Guo!
Dr Guo is a wonderful doctor I would recommend him to all anyone having neurological problems. He has helped me tremendously with my headaches, he is really phenomenal and very knowledgeable. He cares about his patients, he is empathetic and sympathetic to your needs and he actually listens.
Riverhead, NY |
Warning. Don't go to this doctor! He is a liar and completely unprofessional with other doctors and patients. Should be reported. He gave me 2 diagnosises and then said he never did. Scarey and very upsetting .
Smithtown, NY |
I had back pain for many years with no relief, until my family doctor referred me to see Dr Guo. He was able to make diagnosis for me within a week and did prolotherapy injection for me. Also he is doing acupuncture for me. The combined treatment has been very helpful and I have had substantial improvement after one month.
in Farmingville, NY |
My wife is treating there for a medical issue and the staff is amazing. Everyone is very kind and professional and we would recommend them to anyone looking for a neurologist
in Mastic, NY |
I took my 14yr old daughter to Dr. Guo yesterday for migraines that she''s been having for the past 16 months. The girls @ the front were great & very knowledgeable in what they were doing. Had a very short wait time. After meeting the dr.it was very refreshing to not have a dr. try to push pills down my daughters throat but actually try to get to the root of the problem ??. Who ever left a bad review must have had an attitude before walking in the door ! I have a lot of confidence in this man !
coram, ny |
The office is brand new, clean and extremely hygienic. The staff and doctor is very friendly and care about his patients. Dr. Michael Guo has helped me tremendously to recover from the MVA {Motor Vehicle Accident}. He also performed EEG {electroencephalogram} and EMG {Electromyography}. This is not an average pain medicine clinic. This clinic WILL NOT prescribe any Opioid / Narcotics, such as Oxycodone, Oxycontin, hydromorphone, methadone, Percocet and Roxicodone. I HIGHLY Recommend Dr. Guo.
in Central Islip,NY |
I am very happy that another doctor refereed me to Dr Guo. I was experiencing different pain issues due to several car accidents. I was told by Dr Guo that he recommends that I try the prolozone. I am in heaven right now. My back feels so good. I can walk and get out of bed with no pain!! I will be getting more treatments on my shoulders next month.
in Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Guo has knowledge, expertise & experiene in the field of neurology, pain management, & the treatment of many medical conditions. I know this because I have a few conditions going on at once & can be quite tricky to treat. Despite this, Dr. Guo has helped me a lot over the last 2 yrs. While he spends time & listens to me, he always takes a conservative approach to treatment, & he works hard to find causes & solutions to health problems instead of just treating symptoms.He's an A+ doctor!
in Sayville NY |
He is a very good doctor in my opinion. The treatments provided were very helpful with reducing my pain. He is a kind and gentle man.
in Shoreham, N.Y |
When I first made appointment to see Dr Guo I had lower back pain and siatic nerve pain.pain has since vanished with weekly acupuncture.Dr Guo took time to correct my trouble.Iam very confident with his expertise.He is also very nice and hospitable.
in Mattituck, NY |
Dr. Guo is a Very Friendly, Knowledgeable, and Caring Physician whose Main Goal is to rule out Every Possibility and Pinpoint a True Diagnosis and give Positive and Effective Treatment. He has become a True Friend with my Total Health Care in mind.
in East Setauket New York, NY |
I've had 3back surgeries and a fractured vertebrae which required a fusion. So for 3years I had severe pain in my lower back and I have a foot drop. I also experience tingling/pins and needles in my left leg with numbness. I came to see Dr. Guo and he was very gentle and compassionate,and he did all of my nerve testing. Dr. Guo explained a medical schedule for me and I started the regime and I'm feeling wonderful. He listens to my complaints and explains the treatment. I was able to swim.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Guo, MD?
Are you Dr. Guo?

Visit Dr. Guo

Dr. Guo accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
    GHI
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
  • Fidelis Care
    Fidelis Care HMO
  • HealthFirst
  • Locals (any local)
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Neighborhood Health Plan