Dr. Michael Gratch, MD

Dr. Michael Gratch, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Michael Gratch, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Willow Grove, PA. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Dr. Gratch is affiliated with Abington Hospital—Jefferson Health, Doylestown Hospital and Abington-Lansdale Hospital—Jefferson Health.

Dr. Gratch's Experience

See how Dr. Gratch's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gratch

Dr. Gratch accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Gratch has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gratch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gratch to family and friends
    Dr. Gratch's Performance
    Philadelphia, PA |
    Great doctor, great staff. Thanks so much! Giving me my life back!
    My experience was great.
    Philadelphia, PA |
    I finally found a Doctor who is passionate about his field and his patients! He is the best!
    Positive in everyway!
    Philadelphia, PA |
    I love Dr. Gratch and his staff!
    in Telford, PA |
    DR. Gratch, what a great doctor and office staff very help full.he takes the the time for your individual needs bed side manor was great, he even called me at home to make sure every thing was ok after surgery .cant thank him enough .thanks Stephen T.
    Good sense of humor
    in Collegeville, PA |
    I can't say enough great things about Dr. Gratch! I had the worst sciatica pain in my leg. He was able to do a minimally invasive surgery to remove the piece of my herniated disc and i was back to living a normal life in just a few weeks. He is knowledgeable, kind, empathetic, and just all around an amazing surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery.
    in Millington Maryland |
    Was referred to Doctor Gratch by another friend to have him take a look at problems. We made appointment to talked about my problems he seemed very confident he could my situation so I decided to have surgery . The surgery went very well and was very glad with out come. I have and will refer him to friends and family . So glad for all great people that he works with also thank you Dr.Gratch
    in warminster, pa |
    I needed to have a laminotomy in March 2017. Dr Gratch and staff were there for me every step of the way. He is a great surgeon with a way of making you feel at ease about what you're going through. He let me know exactly what he would be doing and what to expect afterward. All he told me turned out to be very true, from the pain to the relief to getting my life back in order. I would highly recommend the Rothman institute, and Dr Michael Gratch to anyone suffering with Spinal pain.
    in Lansdale, PA |
    In February, I met Dr. Gratch regarding a problem with my neck, shoulder and arm pain. I saw two other surgeons to no avail. As soon as I met Dr. Gratch, I felt a level of confidence that I would finally have an answer and solution to my pain which had gone on for over 2 years. A quick MRI and discussion with Dr. Gratch and I had the surgery at the end of the month. I am pain free finally and would absolutely recommend Dr. Gratch to others with medical problems which he handles.
    in lehigh acres, fl |
    I found Dr. Gratch to be helpful in explaining what my problem was and how to take care of it. He was available to answer any questions or concerns that I had. Everything was done in a timely manner and I am now able to do all the things I want and like to do.
    in philadelphia, pa |
    I suffered with intense leg pain that was getting progressively worse for 2 1/2 years. A friend recommended I see his doctor, Dr Gratch. I was greeted in the office with a knowing smile that said I can fix you. I felt so comfortable I did not feel a need for other opinions and scheduled surgery for a laminectomy for the next available date. Exactly like Dr Gretchen said, I was up walking and pain free the same day of surgery. Defiantly reccommed him.
    in Abington, PA |
    I can't say enough about the excellence of Dr Gratch. He has treated both my wife and I with outstanding results in both cases. I could go on and on, but let it suffice to say that there is no one anywhere (and I have had a laminectomy in University Hospitals in Cleveland, OH) that I would send my family to. Thank you, Dr Gratch for such excellent care.
    in warrington, pa |
    Dr. Gratch was the answer to my prayers after struggling 6 months with bulging/herniated discs and radiating pain down my leg. After trying all other treatments, surgery was my only hope ...and since he helped my father many years ago, I knew I was in good hands. I'm so grateful he kept the procedure as small as possible, which shortened my healing time.
    in new britain, pa |
    Never had a spine issue before, thought it was my shoulder turns out I has 2 herniated disks and a pinched nerve and I was sent to Dr. Gratch. I am so incredibly grateful to this kind, intelligent, skilled surgeon who performed a spinal fusion x2! After months in serious pain and sitting up in a chair for 4 months just to get a little sleep, I am back to my old self and feel wonderful! Dr. Gratch and his staff bent over backwards to ensure that my pain was managed prior to and after surgery.
    in Lansdale, PA |
    I was pleased using Dr. Gratch for a Foraminotomy. I had surgery less than two weeks ago and only have mild discomfort. He took time to explain the surgery which was doing away with bone spurs that were pressing on a nerve and causing pain in my left leg. Everything Dr. Gratch told me about pain level after surgery was true. He said it would be minimal and it was. Dr. Gratch is pleasant, knowledgeable, informative and made my surgery experience as stress free as possible.
    in Green Lane, PA |
    Dr. Gratch was highly recommended to me by a trusted colleague. After years of putting up with cervical spine shots, physical therapy & chiropractic appointments to alleviate pain & stiffness that was caused by a herniated disc in my neck, I finally decided to get a professional opinion on my situation. After reviewing my MRI, surgery seemed to be the best option. I only wish I had done it sooner and saved myself from years of pain & suffering that were unnecessary!
    in Ottsville , PA 18942 |
    I am a building contractor and was involved in an auto accident 5 months ago that caused damage to my back to where I was in constant pain, developed foot drop and could not walk correctly. I was using a cane to help me get around safely. As a result of Dr. Gratch's surgery on my spine I am now pain free only 7 weeks after surgery, currently in PT and my walking has improved to where I am back to work light duty and should be at 100% in a few months. He is an excellent surgeon, Great staff.
    in Palmyra, NJ |
    Dr. Gratch was forthright with information and very approachable with questions and concerns. His bedside manner was excellent and I felt secure in my decision to have surgery. Both he and his staff were wonderful and took excellent care of me throughout my ordeal. I highly recommend Dr. Gratch.
    Glenside, PA |
    Dr. Gratch operated with great skill and care.
    in Ambler, PA |
    He correctly and quickly diagnosed my problem. He operated immediately and returned feeling to my legs allowing me to walk again. Hw was on time for appointments, took time to explain and acted professionally.
    in New Britain, PA |
    I had my spine surgery with Dr. Gratch in early May, 2016 and the surgery was a complete success. I am now free of the pains in my legs and am currently walking over a 1/4 mile daily. I felt very confident with Dr. Gratch as he took the time to explain what he planned to do and I am grateful to have had him as my surgeon.
    in Huntingdon Valley, PA |
    I could not have asked for a better experience. It was easy to make an appointment and I was seen promptly. The staff is friendly and caring. Dr. Gratch gives you all the time you need to explain your issue. I never felt rushed. He also takes the time to fully explain everything. I was very impressed that he personally called to see how I was doing after the surgery. All went well and I am happy with the result.
    in Chalfont, PA |
    Was highly Recommended by a doctor and friend that he worked on. Bedside manner was impeccable. Very confident prior to surgery because he explained the procedure very thoroughly. Answered any questions we had plus some we didn't think of. We have recommended him to quite a few people since.
    in Doylestown, PA |
    Dr. Gratch is a seasoned professional with excellent skills. I lived with extreme back pain and sciatica for years. I spent five hours in his surgery center in December of 2015 and walked out on my own. Within eight weeks I was taking two mile walks, pain free. After three months I am fully recovered and have resumed all of my normal activities. I am 66 years old and in better all around health than I can remember for several years. Dr. Gratch is a trustworthy physician.
    in Phila pal |
    Good experience but he mentioned surgery and I am a coward!
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    Dr Gratch is qualified; as well as comforting. Reassuring @ every phase. I suffered for 20 years with Sciatica; then 2 herniated discs. Felt relief almost immediately; once Dr Gratch performed surgery--which went perfectly.
    in Lansdale, PA |
    Dr. Gratch not only listens to a patient but hears the patient. He presents the patient's specific problematic area, informs the patient what procedure is to be performed and how it is to be performed. He follows up, suggests PT if needed and meets the patient again to ensure all is ok. He is gracious, affording and the 'best' surgeon in my book. I have undergone two laminectomy's and highly recommend Dr. Gratch.
    in Quakertown, PA |
    My whole experience with Dr. Gratch was phenomenal. He was very easy to talk to, explained everything totally and that I could understand. I was not afraid to ask questions and he gave advice on everything I asked. My surgery was handled with the most skill and knowledge and I was not afraid to undergo surgery with Dr. Gratch. He respects his work and it showed. Surgery was successful and I am on my way to a full recovery. Bravo to him.
    Have you seen Dr. Michael Gratch, MD?
    Are you Dr. Gratch?

Dr. Gratch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Gratch has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gratch's Board Certifications

St Lukes Episcopal Hospital

Completed in 1981

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1971

Dr. Gratch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gratch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cervical Spine Surgery