Dr. Michael J. Gratch, MD

Dr. Michael J. Gratch, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

ROTHMAN INSTITUTE 1327 Old York Rd, Abington, PA 19001 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Gratch specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Abington, PA. He practices at 8 locations.

Are you Dr. Gratch? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Gratch's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Gratch's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gratch

Dr. Gratch accepts 1 insurance carrier

1 Insurance Carrier Accepted*

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Gratch has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Gratch

Dr. Gratch's Review Details
4.5 based on 40 responses
Experience with Dr. Gratch
Dr. Gratch's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (33)
in Green Lane, PA |
Dr. Gratch was highly recommended to me by a trusted colleague. After years of putting up with cervical spine shots, physical therapy & chiropractic appointments to alleviate pain & stiffness that was caused by a herniated disc in my neck, I finally decided to get a professional opinion on my situation. After reviewing my MRI, surgery seemed to be the best option. I only wish I had done it sooner and saved myself from years of pain & suffering that were unnecessary!
in Ottsville , PA 18942 |
I am a building contractor and was involved in an auto accident 5 months ago that caused damage to my back to where I was in constant pain, developed foot drop and could not walk correctly. I was using a cane to help me get around safely. As a result of Dr. Gratch's surgery on my spine I am now pain free only 7 weeks after surgery, currently in PT and my walking has improved to where I am back to work light duty and should be at 100% in a few months. He is an excellent surgeon, Great staff.
in Palmyra, NJ |
Dr. Gratch was forthright with information and very approachable with questions and concerns. His bedside manner was excellent and I felt secure in my decision to have surgery. Both he and his staff were wonderful and took excellent care of me throughout my ordeal. I highly recommend Dr. Gratch.
Glenside, PA |
Dr. Gratch operated with great skill and care.
in Ambler, PA |
He correctly and quickly diagnosed my problem. He operated immediately and returned feeling to my legs allowing me to walk again. Hw was on time for appointments, took time to explain and acted professionally.
in New Britain, PA |
I had my spine surgery with Dr. Gratch in early May, 2016 and the surgery was a complete success. I am now free of the pains in my legs and am currently walking over a 1/4 mile daily. I felt very confident with Dr. Gratch as he took the time to explain what he planned to do and I am grateful to have had him as my surgeon.
in Huntingdon Valley, PA |
I could not have asked for a better experience. It was easy to make an appointment and I was seen promptly. The staff is friendly and caring. Dr. Gratch gives you all the time you need to explain your issue. I never felt rushed. He also takes the time to fully explain everything. I was very impressed that he personally called to see how I was doing after the surgery. All went well and I am happy with the result.
in Chalfont, PA |
Was highly Recommended by a doctor and friend that he worked on. Bedside manner was impeccable. Very confident prior to surgery because he explained the procedure very thoroughly. Answered any questions we had plus some we didn't think of. We have recommended him to quite a few people since.
in Doylestown, PA |
Dr. Gratch is a seasoned professional with excellent skills. I lived with extreme back pain and sciatica for years. I spent five hours in his surgery center in December of 2015 and walked out on my own. Within eight weeks I was taking two mile walks, pain free. After three months I am fully recovered and have resumed all of my normal activities. I am 66 years old and in better all around health than I can remember for several years. Dr. Gratch is a trustworthy physician.
in Phila pal |
Good experience but he mentioned surgery and I am a coward!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Gratch is qualified; as well as comforting. Reassuring @ every phase. I suffered for 20 years with Sciatica; then 2 herniated discs. Felt relief almost immediately; once Dr Gratch performed surgery--which went perfectly.
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr. Gratch not only listens to a patient but hears the patient. He presents the patient's specific problematic area, informs the patient what procedure is to be performed and how it is to be performed. He follows up, suggests PT if needed and meets the patient again to ensure all is ok. He is gracious, affording and the 'best' surgeon in my book. I have undergone two laminectomy's and highly recommend Dr. Gratch.
in Quakertown, PA |
My whole experience with Dr. Gratch was phenomenal. He was very easy to talk to, explained everything totally and that I could understand. I was not afraid to ask questions and he gave advice on everything I asked. My surgery was handled with the most skill and knowledge and I was not afraid to undergo surgery with Dr. Gratch. He respects his work and it showed. Surgery was successful and I am on my way to a full recovery. Bravo to him.
Have you seen Dr. Michael J. Gratch, MD?
Are you Dr. Michael J. Gratch, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gratch's Board Certifications

• Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Thoracic Surgical Procedure

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Temple University School of Medicine

St Lukes Episcopal Hospital

Completed in 1981

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1971

Dr. Gratch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gratch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gratch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Gratch's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Gratch

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Gratch's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Gratch

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients