Dr. Michael Grad, MD

Dr. Michael Grad, MD

Interventional Cardiology  |

Dr. Michael Grad, MD is an interventional cardiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Grad is affiliated with St. David's North Austin Medical Center, St. David's South Austin Medical Center, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center and St. David's Medical Center.

Cardiovascular Specialists of Texas

2200 Park Bend Dr Bldg 401

Austin, TX 78758

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • EmblemHealth
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Grad

Expertise in primary and secondary prevention of coronary and peripheral artery disease.

Video

Dr. Grad's Experience

Dr. Grad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Interventional Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Palpitations
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pulmonary Edema
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Peripheral Angioplasty
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Stenting
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography

Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Texas Heart Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

• Patients Choice Award, 2008-2009-

Dr. Grad has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Grad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

St. David's Round Rock Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Grad is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Grad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grad to family and friends
Dr. Grad's Performance
in Leander, TX |
I'm a senior patient with a significant family history of heart issues and I trust Dr. Grad to keep me alive and kickin'! He's been watching me like a hawk for several years and I'm thanfkul!
in Round Rock, Texas |
I have been a patient of Dr. Michael Grad for 10 years. I would recommend him to my family and friends as their cardiologist. He is never in too much of a hurry to answer questions and/or explain things. I believe I am in good health as a 75 year old male because of my following his suggestion for my life style. My wife is also a patient of his and feels the same about his care as I do. I feel very fortunate that I have him as my doctor.
Round Rock, TX |
We met Dr Grad for the first time in the hospital. He was knowledgeable and understanding as to what my husband was going through We followed up with an after the hospital visit and my husband and I both agreed we liked him. He give explanations you can understand and is very personable. His staff was friendly and office was nice. I would recommend him to friends and family
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Grad made me feel at ease the moment he walked in - which was great because I was really nervous. He introduced himself, sat down and asked me some questions. He listened intently to my concerns, answered all my questions and explained the tests I needed to have done. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable. I definitely recommend Dr. Grad to anyone needing to consult a Cardiologist.
in Pflugerville |
I would recommend Dr. Grad and his staff to anyone. They always have made me feel very welcome from the moment I walk up to the counter to sign in. Just through the whole visit, I have always felt very welcome and things are always explained to me (that I can understand). They have even gone as far as letting me come by to pick up samples of my medicine because I forgot to call the pharmacy to refill. I honestly wish that Dr. Grad was an EVERYTHING Dr. for all illness.
in Round Rock, TX |
Simply great! Easy to talk to; very professional; made me feel totally at ease; I would highly recommend Dr. Grad to friends and family. You will not be disappointed.
Round Rock, TX |
Love his personality and his description of test results.
Austin, TX |
Greatest cardiologist in Austin, always great to visit a Dr. that is knowledgeable, that cares and takes his time on his visit with you. Wouldn't trade this Dr. for the world!!
Austin, TX |
We've always been very pleased with Dr. Grad for his care, concern, and availability in a crisis.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Grad is outstanding. He is good at communicating complex information in a way that can be understood. He is respectful of my time, and of the information I can provide to better assist in my care. He listens to all my questions, and gives me clear, concise answers. I have the utmost confidence in his abilities, and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. His office is comfortable and extremely pleasant. It is obvious that his staff are all very happy to work there.
in Snyder, TX |
Dr Grad is very through. He wants to be sure that there are no surprises. He communicates with his patient so that you know exactly what his treatment plan is and why.
in Georgwtown, TX |
Dr. Grad is absolutely WONDERFUL! He and his staff are very professional and friendly. My husband and I have complete trust in Dr. Grad and have and will continue to refer friends to him. He's the Best. and always takes the time to ask about your overall health and things going on with you. If you need a cardiologist don't hesitate to call Doctor Michael Grad.
Cedar Park, TX |
We love Dr. Grad. He makes us feel very at ease, and explains all the health issues and what we need to do to stay healthy! I would recommend Dr. Grad to anyone that cares about their heart health!! One of the very best!!
in Rockport and Austin, Texas |
Dr. Grad is great. Down to earth kind of guy. He explains things in a way that is easy to understand. I highly recommend him
in Pflugerville, TX |
It's always a great experience. He's very sharp, knowledge, etc.
in Austin, TX |
Wow! Awesome Dr ! Went in with really high blood pressure, got treated like a king, great staff! Dr Grad put me on meds to lower blood pressure & cholesterol, got it under control and maintained at the 130/80 level.Started out over 220/110 so I am very pleased! Got me in right away, spent plenty of time with me to talk about my situation, great doctor, great guy! I highly recommend Dr Grad to anyone who finds themselves in need of a top cardiologist! Thank you Dr Grad!
in Pflugerville. TX |
Dr. Grad has been my cardiologist for more than nine years. I have always been pleased with my visits with Dr. Grad. He takes the time to explain things in easy to understand terms. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Grad to my family and friends.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Is always clear and understandable in all his explanations. I would recommend him to anyone needing a cardiologist.
in Austin, TX |
If you are looking for an outstanding Cardiologist, I highly recommend Dr Michael Grad. Extremely knowledgeable, experienced and totally focused on patient situation and health progress. Have had numerous cardiologists, and Dr Grad deserves high marks in every aspect of the business.
Pflugerville, TX |
Dr Grad listens to your needs and explains all options very well. He is very outgoing and easy to talk to. I would highly recommend him.
An excellent cardiologist!
Elgin, TX |
I would recommend him because I feel like he listens and cares.
in Bastrop, TX |
I've known Dr. Grad for over 7 years after he saved a family member. As fate would have it. I would need him for myself. Twice. Of course, no one wants a cardiologist, but if you do, I would strongly suggest Dr. Grad. He is charming with a great sense of humor. He listens and he really treats you with respect. Your health is his first priority.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr Grad is an outstanding cardiologist whom I trust without question. He has a very warm and friendly manner and is caring towards his patients. I would highly recommend him to family or friends.
in Leander, TX |
Dr. Grad has been my cardiologist for six years. He is knowledgeable, professional and very down to earth. I highly recommend him both as a person and as a doctor.
in Pflugerville, TX |
Dr. Grad is great. He takes the time to answer your questions and talk to you in people terms. I've been managing heart disease for over 30 years and have been under the care of various cardiologist. Dr. Grad is by far the best cardiologist I've ever had. His office and support staff is also fantastic. Easy to talk to you and always helpful.
in Austin, TX |
I adore Dr Grad and the staff. They are always friendly and upbeat. I always leave the office with a smile on my face, even when I am feeling lousy?? Also, I never have to wait more than a few minutes and Dr Grad takes time to ask (and answer) questions.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Michael Grad is the best Cardiologist I have ever used. Not only does his vast skills, knowledge and his excellent skills contribute greatly to my opinion, his exceptional human relations skill and caring for his patients puts him well on the top. I would not hesitate for one second in recommending him to anyone needing a Cardiologist.
in Georgetown, TX |
Dr. Grad is fantastic. He is one of the first doctors I've had that spent the time to get to know me, my lifestyle and my recent history before getting into the medical stuff. He had reviewed my records (sent by an out of state doctor) and was ready to discuss a treatment. Prepared and personal ... a rare find in a specialist! I highly recommend him to anyone needing this type of medical provider.
in Round Rock |
Dr. Grad is a very upbeat and very, very competent cardiologist. He articulates your condition very effectively and is enthusiastic about helping me manage my condition.
in Austin, TX |
Very satisfied and feel comfortable with Dr. Grad.
in Georgetown, TX |
He is so affable so friendly looks at you straight in the eye NOT AT A COMPUTER LIKE SO MANY DOCS DO! He is so HONEST - he knows "his literature" & accolades to him for LISTENING TO A PATIENT - gives of his personal time to the consult - no hurry! He really cares! & no PA to see- you came to see HIM & you see HIM only!
in Austin TX |
Very knowledgeable and thorough
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Grad is very pleasant, always answer all my questions thoroughly. He cares about his patients and it shows He is prompt - have never had to wait more than just a few minutes to see him. His office staff is very efficient and helpful I'm very glad I was referred to him
Have you seen Dr. Michael Grad, MD?
Are you Dr. Grad?

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Advantage HMO
    Blue Choice
    Emblem Health
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HAP Insurance
    Health Alliance
  • HealthSmart
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica

Austin, TX 78758
St. David's South Austin Medical Center
901 W Ben White Blvd
Austin, TX 78704

More Interventional Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Grad at Cardiovascular Specialists of Texas

Interventional Cardiology Specialist