Dr. Michael Gottschalk, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

EMORY CLINIC 4555 N Shallowford Rd Ste 100 Dunwoody, GA 30338 Get Directions
Dr. Michael Gottschalk, MD
Born in Johannesburg, South Africa and raised in Dallas, Texas, I have called Atlanta home for some time now. My wife and I are expecting a new edition to the family in April 2017 and we have relocated to the Dunwoody area. We are very pleased with the area and are proud to be part of the thriving community.

Dr. Gottschalk's Care Philosophy

I try and treat patients like they are one of my family.

Dr. Gottschalk's Experience

See how Dr. Gottschalk's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gottschalk

Dr. Gottschalk accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Gottschalk is now accepting new patients
EMORY CLINIC4555 N Shallowford Rd Ste 100
Dunwoody, GA 30338
(404) 251-1566Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Gottschalk has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gottschalk's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gottschalk to family and friends
Dr. Gottschalk's Performance
Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Gottschalk has now done two trigger finger surgeries for me. One last year and one very recently. He is friendly, patient and kind and spends a good amount of time with each patient. I refer anyone I know or meet to him. His staff is also very professional and kind. I actually was completely awake for the first surgery, my choice, so I heard all the communication with the nurses and staff and they all seem to have a great amount of respect for him. You may have to wait awhile to get in
in Marietta, GA |
Had reverse shoulder surgery performed at va hospital by Dr. Gottschalk, no problem, and hard to believe no pain , I mean 0 pain, sore yes . Pain no. Now since surgery in December 2016 feeling like. I have 90% movement back with no more pain. Thanks for job well done .
in Atlanta, GA |
Excellent physician and surgeon. Would recommend him to anyone with orthopedic issues. It's 6 months later and it doesn't even feel like anything was broken. The small scar is what reminds me I had a broken wrist and surgery. Fantastic doctor.
in Atlanta, GA |
I fell and irreparably damaged my left rotator cuff. After 3 months of agony was referred to Dr. Gottschalk. I was told of several options and the positives and negatives of each. I chose full shoulder replacement reverse arthroplasty. Three months after the operation almost no pain and getting better each day. I have great range of motion, also. Dr. Gottschalk is an extremely bright physician and his demeanor gives much confidence to his patients. He did such a wonderful job on my shoulder.
in Conyers, GA |
Great Doctor, easy to deal with and always aware of of my needs. Quick to answer any questions I had.
in tucker, ga |
Dr. Gottschalk replaced my broken shoulder, arm joint after a fall. He and his office have been fully supportive. I look forward to getting out of my arm sling in a few weeks and back to my regular life. He has my unqualified recommendation .and my gratitude.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Gottschalk was great. Every visit I have had he has been very pleasant to deal with and answered all questions I had. When I first had the surgery, he got in touch with me the following day in the morning to see how I was doing which made me very comfortable about the whole situation. If I ever had any questions, even on the weekend, he told me to text/call him and when I did he always got right back to me with the answers. I highly recommend Dr. Gottschalk.
in Stone Mountain, GA |
Dr. Gottschalk is an amazing doctor. I am a baseball player and fracturing my wrist at the beginning of the season left me feeling hopeless. But when I realized Dr. Gottschalk was helping me with my healing process from beginning to end, I realized that there was still hope. My wrist is now completely healed, and that wouldn't of happened without his help. Thanks again Dr. Gottschalk!
in Snellville, GA |
Dr Gottschalk is prompt, excellent physician and very thorough
Mcdonough, GA |
Dr. Gottschalk is truly a kind human being and an amazing doctor. He performed surgery on my husband's broken wrist and the results have been amazing- which has been such a relief. After the surgery, Dr. Gottschalk called himself to check on my husband, the very next day- which truly touched us and we knew my husband was in good hands as we saw the concern that he had for the well being of my husband after the surgery. An amazing doctor and truly a kind soul!
in Mcdonough, GA |
Very professional, knowledgeable and informative. He made sure I was 100% comfortable with everything and never proceeded with anything without assuring my understanding. He was very caring and I genuinely felt as though I was not just a patient. His staff was also amazing.
in LILBURN, GA |
I HAD BEEN DEALING OVER A YEAR WITH THE PAIN AND DISCOMFORT WITH BOTH HANDS (TINGLING & NUMBNESS). WENT TO SEE DR GOTTSCHALK, AND HE ADDRESSED ALL OF MY CONCERNS AND ISSUES. SCHEDULED SURGERY FOR MY RIGHT HAND ASAP AND HAD INSTANT RELIEF. IF I COULD HAVE SCHEDULED SURGERY FOR MY LEFT HAND THE SAME DAY, I WOULD HAVE. WE SCHEDULED SURGERY FOR MY LEFT HAND AND IT WENT GREAT ALSO. MY ONLY REGRET, IS THAT I DIDN'T DO THIS SOONER. I AM LIKE A NEW PERSON, AND WOULD TRUST DR GOTTSCHALK WITH ANY ISSUES
in Atlanta, GA |
Very helpful, spends enough time with me to understand what is going on with me, gives me good feedback on expectations and progress, treats me with respect.
in Atlanta, GA |
I suffered a major injury due to a fall. My left elbow was dislocated, the radial head was sheared and the ulna was broken in two places. Orthopedists call the injury the "terrible triad."Dr. Gottschalk was recommended as the best for the type of surgery needed. After the extensive surgery, 4 months of physical therapy, and an at-home PT regimen, I am fully recovered with full flexion and extension. Thanks, Dr. Gottschalk!
in Atlanta, GA |
After a three month traumatic experience with another orthopedic surgeon for a fractured humerus bone, I opted to obtain a second opinion and was referred to Dr. Gottschalk. Dr. Gottschalk performed a very extensive surgery on my left shoulder and arm and I am elated with his knowledge, experience, professionalism, and bedside manner. After a long seven month period, I am finally healing - thanks to this amazing Doctor! There is light at the end of the tunnel - the surgery was the light.....
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Gottschalk was instrumental in caring for me after an unfortunate incident with my finger being slammed in a car door. His professionalism, extensive medical knowledge, and genuine care for me as his patient was not only impressive but was above and beyond what I've experienced in the past from other physicians. Thanks Dr. Gottschalk for getting me through a traumatic incident with excellent medical advice and care.
in Atlanta, GA |
He and his team so professional and just nice
in Griffin, GA |
Very impressed with Dr Gottschalk , definitely would recommend him .
Jasper, GA |
I have been very satisfied with my experiences with Dr Gottschalk. He explains things very well and listens to my concerns. I would recommend him to anyone needing attention to their shoulder.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Gottschalk is passionate about his work. He is smart, easy to talk to and wants to find the solution to the problem. I was a trauma patient and he helped guide me through a very long and exhausting process of surgeries and recovery. He made sure that I understood everything he was doing. I trust him.
in Roswell, GA |
Dr. Gottschalk and his team have been thorough, communicative, professional and extremely helpful throughout the process of my clavicle/shoulder surgery the last few months. I would highly recommend Dr. Gottschalk and the Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Overall my experience with Dr. Gottschalk has been great. He is Knowledgeable and caring physician. His recommended treatment plan resolved my medical condition (wrist pain due to injury). I am very pleased with the results and recovery.
in Lawrenceville, GA |
Dr. GOTTSCHALK HAS BEEN VERY GOOD. TAKE TIME WITH PATIENTS. HE IS THE BEST. THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME.
in Rroswell, Georgia |
Dr. Gottschalk and his staff were very helpful and professional
in Austell, GA |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Gottschalk. After surgery, he explained the details of the procedure to my family. The next day (on Saturday morning), he called to check on how I was feeling. His staff also called the following week to ensure I was doing well. I truly felt like I was apart of Dr. Gottschalk's family, but the true care and concern that was express for my well-being. One of my best experiences at Emory Healthcare!
in Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Gotschalk has an incredible "bedside manner"! He is very straight forward and explains your situation in a clear calm manner, is very open to any thoughts and questions you may have and will discuss all with you in a good back and forth conversation. My surgery experience was flawless. I'm felt totally comfortable from the start all the way to going home, my recovery at home and the follow up appointments. Add this to a very skilled surgeon and you have found a gem.
in Alpharetta, GA |
Had thumb surgery with Dr. Gottschalk. He is great. Personable, friends, explains everything in details. Surgery went great and 10 days post surgery had stitches removed. I highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Gottschalk, MD?
Are you Dr. Gottschalk?

Compare Dr. Gottschalk

Dr. Gottschalk says...

Born in Johannesburg, South Africa and raised in Dallas, Texas, I have called Atlanta home for some time now.  My wife and I are expecting a new edition to the family in April 2017 and we have relocated to the Dunwoody area.   We are very pleased with the area and are proud to be part of the thriving community.

Dr. Gottschalk's Care Philosophy

I try and treat patients like they are one of my family.

Dr. Gottschalk says...

I am an orthopedic trained upper extremity surgeon who specializes in disorders from the shoulder to the finger tip.

Dr. Gottschalk's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Broken Arm
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst

Ny U Hosp

Completed in 2015

University of Texas / Austin Campus

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Gottschalk does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gottschalk and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery