Dr. Michael Gorin, MD

Urology ·  Male · Age 34

Dr. Gorin

Johns Hopkins Hospital

600 N WOLFE ST # Park Baltimore, MD 21287

Dr. Michael Gorin, MD is an urology specialist in Baltimore, MD and has been practicing for 2 years. He graduated from University Of Miami / School Of Medicine in 2011 and specializes in urology, prostate oncology, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gorin

Dr. Gorin?
Dr. Gorin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Gorin, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Fighting prostate cancer requires a sound strategy. Dr. Gorin is well prepared to help his prostate cancer patients weigh their options concerning survival v.s. quality of life decisions. He is a brilliant doctor, expert in minimally invasive and image guided urology including focal ablation. A Director of Clinical Trials at the the world renown James Brady Urologcial Institute at Johns Hopkins University, Dr. Gorin is aware of the latest research to help his patients. Besides prostate cancer, Dr. Gorin's clinical practice embraces a wide range of urologic diseases. He is young and welcomes new patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
I scheduled a second opinion at John Hopkins and was set up with Dr. Gorin. Could not be happier. He listened and had reviewed information I sent and was ready to discuss all options available to me with a clear understanding of my cancer and other health issues. I decided on him for my surgery. The day of surgery, Dr. Gorin again visited with me and discussed my situation. Other members of his team also stopped by, putting me at ease and letting me know I was in good hands. The surgery went so well. The overnight in the hospital had me in the hands of a fabulous team of nurses and technicians. The next morning Dr. Gorin stopped by to give me the results of the operation. During the next 8 days I had additional questions which he responded to in a very timely manner. He called to discuss my pathological report and check on my catheter removal. They don’t call it radical surgery for nothing. Dr. Gorin has been fabulous in getting me to where I am today. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
Dr. Gorin is very personable, thorough, and informative. I was very pleased with the information he gave me concerning my options for surgery. After visiting with him, I felt confident in my decision. The surgery went exceedingly well, and the recovery has been easier than I expected. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to place my care in the hands of Dr. Gorin and Johns Hopkins.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
Exactly who you want caring for you when faced with a cancer diagnosis! Dr. Gorin explained the options clearly and gave us what felt like unlimited time for questions. Very happy I saw him for a second opinion!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
Dr. Gorin is deeply knowledgeable, a really good listener, prompt, courteous, easy to communicate with, and personable. Excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
Dr. Gorin SAVED me from unnecessary radiation & major surgery! I can't recommend him enough!!!!I was told he is a genius before i met him-I AGREE completely! Good luck trying to find some better at what he does! Glenn Weber
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
I was diagnosed with cancer and Dr. Gorin removed my prostate. I had an easy recovery and fortunately am relatively free of side effects. Dr. Gorin is dedicated to his patients and easy to communicate with. Very accessible. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
Very through and dedicated to his profession and patients having excellent care
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
I was at Hopkins for an outpatient prostate biopsy procedure. I was referred to Dr. Gorin by Dr. Pavlovich, Hopkins Urology Bayview, for a new type of biopsy to minimize infection risk. This was my first biopsy and although I had done much research on the method, my anxiety level was very high. Together Dr. Gorin and his RN were an excellent team, providing me with the best possible experience and outcomes for this procedure. Dr. Pavlovich said, "...Dr. Gorin is a pro" at the procedure. He was!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
Dr. Gorin is a wonderful and very kind and thoughtful surgeon. He did a RP on my husband and did it with such skill and expertise that we achieved what we were praying for. As a result of Dr. Gorin's skill my husband had negative edges and the cancer was encapsulated. Dr.Gorin cares about his patients. He called us when he was in another country to give us the pathology report and he talks to all of his patients with care and concern. He is a real person who happens to be EXTREMELY gifted.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
Fantastic job for me. His surgical skills in removing my prostate were outstanding. And his incredible accessibility and dedication all the time to his patients is unsurpassed. I was initially a little skeptical because he is relatively junior. But all my concerns were put to rest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
Dr Gorin is part of the Johns Hopkins Brady Urological Institute, meaning he is at the top of his game in a place that is top of its game; in itself a high recommendation. My experience has also been exemplary. Needless to say Dr Gorin knows and is actively researching his subject, but he also has some simple traits that are to be greatly valued by any prospective patient... He LISTENS to and HEARS what you say, he ENGAGES in discussion and is a very approachable HUMAN BEING. Sense of humor too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
I am a young adult with a lifelong complex urological condition as well as other health issues. I’ve encountered many many urologists and Dr. Gorin is one of the very best. He is highly knowledgeable and delivered very good care, and beyond that he also takes his time to explain everything, ensure he’s on the same page with you, and follow up on any concerns. He’s very responsive, considerate, and personable. I would recommend him to any patient, routine or complicated (like myself.)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
I recommend Dr. Gorin to family and friends. I had bladder trouble that cause night time leakage so much. I went to the JHH and Dr. Gorin stopped the leakage by giving me a prostate surgery that made things work out right for me. The leakage stopped in the acquired time that he stated
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?
I never actually met Dr. Gorin in person but from email conversations and phone calls I have the utmost respect for him. He is beyond diligent He returned emails within minutes and in telephone conversations was incredibly helpful. He listened and was extremely courteous and compassionate. While I'm happy I didn't need to see him I would recommend him highly and if I needed care would have no hesitation going to see him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gorin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gorin?

Dr. Michael Gorin is an Assistant Professor of Urology, Oncology, and Radiology at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He also serves as the Director of Urology Clinical Trials and leads the Program in Image-guided Urology at The James B...

• Urology

2012
2011
2007

Dr. Gorin accepts

Dr. Gorin accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Medicaid
QualCare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Gorin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gorin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Urinary Disorders

Dr. Gorin treats Urinary Disorders more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Gorin treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Blood in Urine (Hematuria)

Dr. Gorin treats Blood in Urine (Hematuria) more than 87% of his peers

• Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Complex Penile Surgery
  • Cryoablation of Prostate
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enucleation
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Green Light Photovaporization of the Prostate (PVP)
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pediatric Kidney Stones
  • Prostate Removal
  • Renal Biopsy
  • Renal Cell Cancer
  • Retina Diseases
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Ureteral Stricture or Kinking
  • Urethral Stricture
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Uroflowmetry

• Sat: 7:30am - 5:30pm
    • Sun: 7:30am - 5:30pm
    • Sat: 7:30am - 5:30pm
    • Sun: 7:30am - 5:30pm

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gorin treats patients.

Compare Providers