Dr. Michael Gordon, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 70

Dr. Gordon

Gordon Schanzlin New Vision Institute

8910 University Center Ln Ste 800 San Diego, CA 92122

Dr. Michael Gordon, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in San Diego, CA and has been practicing for 47 years. He graduated from University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine in 1972 and specializes in ophthalmology.

Dr. Gordon accepts

Dr. Gordon accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Gordon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gordon?
Dr. Gordon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Gordon, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I recently had successful RLE (refractive lens exchange) surgery to both of my eyes (a week apart) by Dr. Michael Gordon. Dr. Gordon corrected my original nearsightedness and astigmatism over 30 years ago with RK surgery (before LASIK and PRK). Dr. Gordon said I would only be eligible for RLE (monovision) correction because of my previous RK surgery. It has only been 3 days since my RLE surgery on my 2nd eye, and my peripheral vision is still a little blurry, but each day my vision is improvi
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
LASIK is the best investment I've made for myself! You will experience 0% pain, and minimal pressure on your eyeballs during the 10-15 minute procedure, with the help of Xanax and anesthetic eye drops for maximal comfort. They have the most advanced technology, and phenomenal, professional doctors and techs! The workers are all as sweet as candy! My vision is 100% sharper, more clarity, and no halos. The best part is never having to deal with contact lenses, solutions, and glasses!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
I must say that I was nervous and reluctant to have lasik surgery. In fact, I was considering cancelling my appointment the morning of my surgery, especially after reading all of the paperwork... after all we're talking about my eyesight here. Fortunately, I did not cancel the surgery. I have no idea why I worked myself into a frenzy and expected the worst. The surgery was over so quick and Dr. Gordon made me feel very comfortable and confident. He was very patient and talked through each s
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon and his staff are amazing! I had the most perfect experience ever at Gordon Schanzlin. Dr. Gordon performed lasik on me 5 days ago and I can already see perfectly. From start to finish, they provided the best care I've ever received. Thank you!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
I had a wonderful experience getting Lasik last month with Dr. Michael Gordon. The entire staff was great and the surgery couldn't have gone any smoother! I LOVE my new vision and couldn't be more happy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
It was a great experience. I am a practicing physician and has been reluctant to have surgery for last 10 years due to potential impact a bad out come could have on my practice. I Had my surgery 3 days back and found it amazing how in few minutes I had a such a dramatic improvement in my quality of life. I should have done it probably earlier . I am very thankful to Dr. I Dr. Schanzlin.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?
In addition to an excellent result for my eyesight -- went from 20/525 to 20/20 -- the experience was awesome. Staff is super attentive and efficient, everything was easy. The offices are nice and all efforts were made to ensure patient comfort (physical and mental). I highly recommend Dr. Gordon, who's friendly (fatherly) and just the right amount of confident and attentive. Staff was fabulous as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Gordon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gordon?